Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
Our organic coconut flour is one of the most savory wheat flour alternatives you can find. Low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein, coconut flour's high nutritional value makes it a part of many diets, including low-carb and gluten-free.
About Coconut Flour
Made of ground-up, dried coconut meat, our coconut flour is organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, organic coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baked goods made with organic coconut flour are light and soft, with rich textures. Coconut flour can be substituted for up to 20% of the wheat flour in a recipe. Many gluten-free recipes use it as a base, including for coconut flour bread, cakes, and muffins. For a boost of fiber and protein, you can add organic coconut flour to smoothies and shakes, or try it as a thickener for sauces and gravies. On the lower right-side of the page, you can find several delicious coconut flour recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to swap about one-quarter of the flour in quick breads and cookies for coconut flour. This flour is made purely from organic coconut and has more fiber than other flours! Each tablespoon has about 6 grams of fiber, that is triple the amount compared to whole wheat flour which has only 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Coconut Flour Health Benefits
1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour, double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Onja, NY May 9, 2012
“This is the first time I have ever ordered anything from Nuts.com and it was such a great experience. Coconut Flour in the store is very expensive so I decided to try this out. I was very impressed on how fast it arrived with standard shipping and loved that there was a little "extra" gift inside the package, I believe it was flax seed for us to try. Totally unexpected but really appreciated! Would buy from Nuts.com all the time!”
Beckie, Bismarck, ND April 21, 2012
“Everything is great! Love the Veggie Chips, and the SF Chocolate Covered Coffee Espresso Beans. I love that you have GF items - the coconut flour is nice. I will be ordering again - and trying more new items! Thanks for all you offer!”
Stephanie, Cookeville, TN April 16, 2012
“OH MY WORD! I didn't realize Goji berries were SUPPOSED to taste this fresh! My coconut flour was also excellent! I am thrilled to have found Nuts.com and will be using you again! Thank you so much for the extra treat; I can't wait to try them!”
Janet, Western, MA April 12, 2012
“I can hoinestly say that I have NEVER had products shipped to me so quickly. I don't know how you did it! I ordered some items on Wednesday night, and they arrived by FedEx on Thursday. Not to mention that they are high quality products at a better price than I've found elsewhere. I wish every company doing business online was as efficient as Nuts.com!”
Pat, Georgetown, DE April 4, 2012
“Wow! Great prices and my order came in 24 hours. Made some grain free pancakes this morning with the coconut and almond flour -tasted great. Your website is also friendly and easy to navigate.”
Carol, Seneca, SC March 9, 2012
“As always, a great company to purchase from!! Excellent products, superior service! I often get the chicory, along with numerous flours like the coconut, spelt, etc. I find things here that I can't get anywhere else for a reasonable price. Keep up the great work!!”
Christel, Rock Hill, SC February 21, 2012
“I've used the ground golden flax seed and chia seeds...both were great. The sugar free chocolate chips were awesome. Can't wait to try the almond & coconut flours. I'm diabetic and the low carbs in all of these is what I've been looking for - THANK YOU for providing what I need.”
Vicky-Lyn, Frederiksted, Virgin Islands February 20, 2012
“I love the veggie chips! They are so delicious and crunchy. It's hard to believe that they are vegetables.
The coconut flour is amazing! It has such a great texture for baking.
I am anxious to try more products.”
Jane, Brooklyn, NY February 7, 2012
“Wow! I decided to try you as Elana Amsterdam mentions you all as a source in her cookbooks! Incredible delivery! I ordered on a Sunday afternoon, and wow, at my doorstep the following morning. I'm looking forward to some more fantastic gluten-free baking this weekend!”
Michelle, North Dartmouth, MA January 13, 2012
“I can't say it enough, I Love Nuts.com!!!! I make gluten free waflfes with the gluten free baking mix coconut flour and almond flour for my children's breakfast. They love it. I can't get coconut flour or almond flour locally. Easy, convenient, fast delivery, I feel like I get the royal treatment.
Showing 81-90 of 140
lori, danvers, MN September 29, 2014
“Its wonderful. Love the taste and texture it creates”
Serving Size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 32.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||15|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Philippines
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|