Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Leslie, Davis, OK July 30, 2014
“The best fruit pectin mix that I have ever tried. It's wonderful plus priced right.”
Mark, Chamberlain, SD July 25, 2014
“Best deal out there. I used to use sure-gel since finding Nuts.com i will use nothing else. The price, fast delivery service and the friendly staff are second to none. Thanks you Nutty folks”
charles, TULLOS, LA July 18, 2014
“I bought fruit pectin from you. Great product at a good price, top that off with lightning fast service & you folks are the GREATEST!”
Kristine, East Troy, WI July 17, 2014
“Love the box! Love the packaging! Funny :). I Will be ordering from you again! I will encourage everyone I know to order from you!!! I VERY pleased!”
Beverly, Utica, KS July 16, 2014
“I am so glad to have found you. Love love love your packaging, I won't be forgeting your web address”
Linda, Sapulpa, OK July 10, 2014
“fast & courteous delivery! thank you!!!!!”
Mildred, Chipley, FL July 4, 2014
“I have been so happy with your pectin mix since I discovered it last year. Thank goodness for your quick shipping as I am now in midst of making my jams and jellies from all the fresh fruits available . Had my next batch of Juice ( Peach) all ready when I discovered that I had used the last of my pectin in my blueberry and blackberry so to the computer I went. Got my order off to you, the juice in the fridge . 3 days later, oreder here, jelly made and I ready for the next batch to commence. Thank you for your great product and your quick delivery. I ordered an extra lb this time so I can share with a friend that also likes to make lots of jelly .”
Judy, Freehold, New York June 29, 2014
“Couldn't be more pleased. The pectin was by far the best price I have ever found and the shipping speed was close to the speed of light. I have a small jam and jelly business and just made over 100 jars of jams and jellies. By far the best pectin EVER! Best of all, the box makes me laugh. I'll be back!”
Kawana, Muskogee, OK June 27, 2014
“Great price! Fast delivery! Love the packaging!”
Kevin, Chelsea, MI June 18, 2014
“Just like to thank the nut. on time, what a great price need that with feeding the big family now time to make jam.
Thanks to the nut”
Showing 11-20 of 93
Dianamaria, Butler, PA September 6, 2014
“This pectin is AWESOME! My jelly comes out great every time. :-)”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|