Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons (1 ounce) fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Josh, OTC, MN September 3, 2013
“We all cheered when the UPS man pulled in with our order. We had all of our smashed and blended plums all ready for the arrival of our PECTIN! Now I'm sit'n on 100 jars of the best plum jelly this side of Plum Creek. And don't get me started on the little goody sampler, things we going great until that showed up and we all started fight'n over'em. Thanks for a GREAT experience, we'll be back for sure! ”
Diana, Rio Grande, PR September 1, 2013
“Was very happy to receive my shipment quite fast, now I can start "jamming" fruits from my grove with the pectin that I received, yeh.......Oh by the way I loved your box with all it's characters, even the mailman like it!
Veda, Blanding, Utah August 23, 2013
“ I purchased two pounds of your fruit pectin mix. Thank you so much for delivering so quickly!!! Now I can process my entire peach crop! Can not wait to see how well your product works.”
Donna, Belmont, California August 17, 2013
“Great product..........I've been waiting for it and it came really quickly! Love your pectin and the fact that even with the shipping all across the USA, you still outprice any store around here! Nuts to you!”
Jeremy, Boaz, AL August 14, 2013
“I have a small canning business. We do all kinds of Jams,Jellies,Pickles,etc...I found nuts.com over a generic web search looking for bulk pectin. I had my concerns at first looking at the price per pound is cheaper than 1 box of the store brands so I only bought 1. When it arrived it was in a cool box. The product is amazing! I just purchased more and plan on buying more later on this week! Great product, great price, quick turn around!!!”
MaryAnn, Ancram, New York August 9, 2013
“Thank you so much for my pectin! I have made nearly 100 jars of jam at less than half the cost of supermarket pectin. Your shipping is amazing!!! I order at 10:00 p.m. and my stuff is here the very next day!”
Dawn, Hot Springs, Arkansas August 8, 2013
“I just received my order and have never been more pleased with a product or a company! Everything I ordered was fresh, very well packaged and exactly what was described! I've always tried to back American owned family businesses, and I've finally found one that I will continue to support and give all of my business to you until I'm dead!! If you are looking for an excellent product by an outstanding company, then this is the only place to consider!”
Debra, Texas August 8, 2013
“This is my 2nd order of Pectin, used for making jellies and Jams. This order I added Sun-dried tomatoes and some nuts. Love everything I get from Nuts.com. They even threw in a sample of some dried Apricots. Will be ordering again soon.”
Jenevieve, Sausalito, California August 6, 2013
“So excited, I received my order of fruit pectin from Nuts.com today! I do a lot of canning and putting up jams this time of year I can go through a lot of pectin. I will be doing my first batches with your pectin this week for blackberry jam. ”
Rosemary, Vicksburg, Mississippi July 30, 2013
“Never in my life had such a fun delivery! Can't wait to order more. Thanks a million!”
Showing 11-20 of 60
Kurt, Kihei, HAWAII November 27, 2013
“You guys are awesome at nuts.com ! Always fast . We love your fruit pectin and make an awesome lilikoi (passion fruit) jelly with no variations every time thanks to a superior pectin . Thank you again from ulumelifarms.com”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|