Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Dianamaria, Butler, PA September 6, 2014
“This pectin is AWESOME! My jelly comes out great every time. :-)”
Mildred, Chipley, FL September 5, 2014
“I was really waiting on this package to get here today. Used the last of my pectin on hand yesterday and I want to make one more batch of muscadine jelly to take with me to the farmers market tomorrow. I have already made my blueberry, blackberry , mayhaw, mint, peach, plum and some grape plus many jams but have my juice ready for one more batch. I have been thrilled with the results of every batch I make since I discovered your pectin mix. Did I tell you before that Jackie Clay is the one that told us about buying the pectin in bulk? My daughter went to her farm for a week seminar and she told Jackie that I make lots of jelly so she suggested I buy in bulk. Thank you Jackie and you Nuts.com.”
Riverfront Marketing Group, Washington, MO September 5, 2014
“Wonderful fast and efficient service! Thanks so much!!!!”
Hilary, Trabuco Canyon, CA August 30, 2014
“I will never go back to Liquid!”
Steve, Crescent City, CA August 23, 2014
“HEY! WE ARE ALWAYS SO HAPPY WITH YOUR GREAT PEOPLE. FAMILY IS EVERYTHING - WE ARE YOURS!
(IF YOU DON'T MIND A COUPLE OF NUTS!)”
Amanda, Merritt Island, FL August 22, 2014
“I have my own business making homemade jams, so when I run out of pectin it's very nerve-wracking. I'm very thankful for how quickly my pectin arrived and what a great price I got on it! I already made my first batch of jam, and I've learned I need to use just a tad less than commercial pectin from the store. That just means I get more for my money! Thanks for the great service and quality!”
Clark, Paola, KS August 19, 2014
“Prompt, Well Packaged and a free Gift! These Guys are awesome!!! Or maybe just Nuts!!!!”
Ali, Wellington, CO August 7, 2014
“Your company is simply amazing!! I love the box that you ship in!! Cant wait to do more business with you all!!!”
Piper, Somerset, NJ August 4, 2014
“I've been using your pectin for making jam this summer--- eight different kinds. Every one turned out perfect. I will never use any other type of pectin! Thanks for an excellent product.”
JENNIFER, Parkersburg, WV August 3, 2014
“Great product. Made several different jams and all have set without a problem. Will definitely buy more!”
Showing 1-10 of 94
denise, Bakersville, NC September 17, 2014
“Very pleased....loved the packaging too. Mail lady loved reading the box as much as I did. Good job”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|