Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons (1 ounce) fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Dean, Sioux Falls, SD October 24, 2013
“The pectin I ordered got here quickly and in perfect condition. A great deal cheaper than I could get it elsewhere I rate you *****. Thanks, Dean”
Ray, Worcester, MA October 12, 2013
“My order came so fast I could not believe it. Love the box it came in. I ordered the pectin I do a lot of Jelly and Jam making this time of year, when I saw your price I could not believe it. I will be back many more times Thanks for offering this for such a reasonable price.”
Pauline, Cleveland Heights, Ohio October 11, 2013
“Ordered fruit pectin at 1/4 the cost at the grocery store even with shipping fee. Excellent prompt service, good humor and smiles. Will definitely order from you again and will tell friends about your company”
Mari Lynn, Brawley, Ca September 26, 2013
“What a great company to do business with! We have a jam & pickled veggie business, so to find bulk pectin was a great deal for us. Prices are just "nutty". The surprise of dried fruit was the best.”
Rosalyn, Linden, VA September 21, 2013
“Best pectin and greatest price!”
david, ny, ny September 21, 2013
“Great stuff. Here's my recipe for jelly from juice. First 2 cups 100% juice without added sugar, put in small pot. Add 2 tablespoons pectin, 1 table spoon sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice ( bottled is fine). Bring to a boil, add 1 1/2 cups sugar. When it boils again, boil for 1 minute. Stir throughout process except for last boil. Makes 1 1/4 pint. If you want to can it for later, just put in boiling bath for 5 minutes. This opens a lot of doors choice wise, for jelly. Enjoy!”
Mandy September 19, 2013
“I am now absolutely in love with nuts.com! The pectin we recently purchased is phenomenal and I can't help but smile every time I see the packaging and the letters we receive from the "family" always make me feel right at home! I can't wait to order again! ”
Henry, Cheyenne Wells, Colorado September 14, 2013
“Burb!.... Boy were those free Cashews good!! Thanks, I'll probably have to order some now....dang it! The Blue Raspberry gummies are a treat, and they are fresh -- Must have just come off the stove. Can't believe you can sell the Pectin as low as you do. You will be my choice in the future!
Henry Tourney YUM YUM”
Bruce, Vashon, Washington September 10, 2013
“Greeting to all! I purchased your pectin back in July and finally slowed down enough to make jam. I need to let you know that this has been a delightful experience. First, I love your packaging, your sense of humor and your quick delivery. And today I have just made the best Blackberry/Peach jam in decades of making jam. I can hardly wait to start on my Hucklyberry/Nectarine!
Mildred, Chipley, Florida September 7, 2013
“Yes, my package arrived and I am totally pleased with the products. Can't wait to get started on my jelly making. Grapes are ripe and I have been picking and juicing while waiting on my pectin to get here. So guess what I will be doing tomorrow.
The sample of nuts a big surprise and are great. Will be placing more orders in the future.
Showing 1-10 of 60
Kurt, Kihei, HAWAII November 27, 2013
“You guys are awesome at nuts.com ! Always fast . We love your fruit pectin and make an awesome lilikoi (passion fruit) jelly with no variations every time thanks to a superior pectin . Thank you again from ulumelifarms.com”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|