Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Marilyn, Decatur, Il. March 15, 2012
“THAT WAS A FAST DELIVERY!!
Also, I have never seen such a large raisin or date. You will be hearing from me again.”
Courtney, Hutchinson, KS March 10, 2012
“Freshest, most amazing dates ever! Just tried the goji cacao energy squares too - YUM! Delivery was super quick! Have already gotten my mom to order from you and I will order again!”
Sharon, chicago, Illinois March 8, 2012
“I truly am delighted with my medjool dates they arrived within two days nice and fresh and thank you so much for the gift of figs they are also awesome . I will be ordering from you for now on thank you for the great service, keep exceeding the expectations of your customers. Thanks”
Kathy, E. Islip, N.Y. March 6, 2012
“Received my first shipment yesterday. Was impressed how fast it arrived. Packaging very nice. The dates are incredible as well as the figs. The dried mixed veggies are quite different, but very good. I will be ordering and trying new things in the future!”
Amy, midland, michigan March 5, 2012
“Found your website online while looking for fresh figs. Unfortunately, I did not realize fresh fig season is very limited! While checking out your website, a few other options caught my eye. The jumbo medjool dates are by far the best I have ever had- thank you so much for a terrific website and fantastic customer service. You have now been saved in my "favorites".”
kathy, PA February 16, 2012
“Very fast and friendly service! So far...love the jumbo dates and ginger candy. Thanks for the gift item. Will definitely come back :)”
Steven, Smithland, Kentucky February 12, 2012
“These dates are delicious!!!! Best we've ever had. love them!”
Darlene, Utica, NY February 7, 2012
“OH MY GOODNESS -- first your service was awesome - ordered yesterday - received my package today -- but service is only good if the product exceeds it - - - this was the most delicious dried fruit I ever tasted in my rather long life. The dates -- are succulent, large, sweet and moist perfection -- the dried candied ginger is moist and tangy ( cannot wait to taste it with my tea), the california apricots sweet and delectable -- honestly worth the price and more -- I could not be happier and will be ordering from you many times in the future --- ohhhh the packaging is great as well - easy to keep fresh and very stylish.
Thank you so very much !!!!!!!!! You are a great credit to your grandfather. ”
big r0n, Lewiston, ME February 2, 2012
“My first order experience with y'all was perfect, from top to bottom. My second experience was...someone even more perfect. You somehow managed to reduce the delivery time from two days two one. Touché. I'll be back for more, considering my roommates have been devouring my turkish figs and jumbo medjool dates.”
Bonita, Redford, Mi February 1, 2012
“I can't believe how delicious the dates and figs are! I have always enjoyed these two fruits, but, after trying yours ZOWIE~~ These are incredible!!! better than chocolate.... did I say that? YES--BETTER THAN CHOCOLATE! and I'm sticking to it.
Showing 81-90 of 233
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|