Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Sherri, Savannah, Georgia October 31, 2009
“My first order, a five pound bag of Medjool Dates, arrived two days ago. I agree with the testimonials... the NutsOnline Dates are beautiful, plump, moist and taste heavenly! Truly, they surpassed my expectations in every way! The Medjools at my local grocer pale in comparison.
Thanks NutsOnline for offering such an excellent product, I'm hooked! I have already told a friend about your site and plan to purchase more goodies soon! ”
Bruce, Vernal, Utah May 3, 2013
“shipment arrived today, very pleased with quality of dates.”
BizzyEnuf, Colorado Springs, Colorado April 21, 2013
“OMG! Nuts.com sells THE BEST quality I've ever had - honest! I love medjools over any other type of date, whether I'm eating them or making date desserts. I love one or two as a daily snack, and while I've had great plump and moist medjools before, again ... these were the BEST I've ever encountered. (I say "were" because I've eaten them all. LOL)
They were huge and had that super custardy-type of consistence that I love. I will order more again. My only issue is that it is SO HARD to stop eating them! :)
And yes, Nuts.com ships out orders fast! Thanks everyone - and I received a small "thank you" bag of organic raw almonds with my order - another one of my favorite snacks. How did you guys know??”
Laurie, Nacogdoches, Texas April 12, 2013
“Very impressed! My order shipped the same day I placed it and arrived quickly. The Medjool dates are excellent, I can't hardly wait to try the dried pluots and pears . Thanks Nuts.com.”
Jennifer, Fort McMurray, Alberta April 9, 2013
“I just got a free sample of the Jumbo Medjool Dates with my order. I tried them and wow, they are delicious. I only really thought of dates as a baking product, but these are fantastic as a snack!”
Jeff, Rochester, NY April 3, 2013
“Best dates I've ever tasted! There's no need for me to look elsewhere ever again. ”
Debra, Kerrville, Texas March 29, 2013
“these are the best medjool dates ever.”
Anna, Holly Springs, NC March 15, 2013
“We cracked up like a couple of nuts when we read the jokes on the box you sent to us. Our ups guy was cracking up too. We bragged about how tasty and fresh our Dried Dates were. We gave our ups guy a sample. He loved the dates too. The turn around is fast. Excellent service!!! You guys are great!!! A++++”
Laura, St. Louis, MO March 5, 2013
“Great stuff! The figs, apricots, and dates are all very reasonably priced...very fresh...and huge! I have to practically hide them from myself because they are so yummy. I know I will be ordering again soon since the quality is the best I have found on-line.”
Amer, Waldwick, NJ March 4, 2013
“Extremely fast delivery; got my Medjool dates in one day! Outstanding taste and flavor- never had dates this delicious! You will NOT be disappointed! They came nicely packaged and they included a free sample of figs as a treat! Thank you!”
Showing 1-10 of 233
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|