Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. These deglet noor dates are ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Spencer, Prince George, VA August 30, 2014
“The dates arrived on time, and they're delicious. Having pitted dates cuts down the smoothie preparation time quite a bit. By the way, we loved the box covered with funnies, it's a welcomed difference from normal shipping boxes. Thanks for caring.”
Wanda, Lady Lake, FL August 27, 2014
“Haven't tried yet but have had them before and the are Delicious !! My order was very prompt as always, and I will visit again.”
Genessa, Centennial, CO August 27, 2014
“I have ordered these two times now, and they are fabulous! The pitted dates available for purchase in my area (even in my favorite natural food stores) are either dried out or full of tiny worms. Yuck. The pitted dates from Nuts.com are plump and juicy, taste great, and work well in baked goods or as a snack right out of the bag. I will return for more!”
muhammad, Westland, MI August 25, 2014
“the dates are good. nice packing I would buy it again and also recommend it to others”
Sylvia, Silverdale, WA August 23, 2014
“The dates were moist and delicious! Promised delivery was Monday, Aug 26th, I received it today= Saturday!”
marilyn, New Port Richey, FL August 20, 2014
“Dad's favorite - I wanted to get him the organic dates but his inner frugal guy said get these... he's a happy 80 y/o.”
Margaret, Cordova, TN August 13, 2014
“Fast delivery, delivered earlier than predicted. Gorgeous, delicious product and a little goodie in the bag also! Nuts.com will be my new go-to for sure!”
Diana, Oro Valley, AZ August 8, 2014
Cindy, Winneconne, WI July 25, 2014
“First time buying these--will be back again for more!”
Evgenia, Buena Vista, CO July 25, 2014
Showing 1-10 of 150
shobha, East Elmhurst, NY September 1, 2014
“Love these Dates from Nuts.com. They are very tasty.”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|