Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Rona L Book, Monroe, LA May 26, 2012
“I just received my box of nutty happiness and dove right in--wow, from the
melt-in-your-mouth, really HUGE Medjool dates to the tastiest nuts on the ENTIRE planet, ya'll get a big YUMS up!! THANKS!!
Andy, Kalamazoo, MI May 24, 2012
“I bought some Medjool Dates, Halawi Dates, and Turkish Figs from Nuts.com and the entire experience was wonderful. Shipping was fast, and thankfully everything was packed very well as UPS was quite rough on the box. Really looking forward to doing more business with Nuts.com. :)”
Bill, Rolla, MO May 17, 2012
“If every internet company did customer service the way nuts does, it would be a far better world. They go to great lengths to do the right thing.”
Kim April 20, 2012
“Stop it! You sent a sample of these in my order and now I have to have more!”
Curt, Monterey, CA April 19, 2012
“You have spoiled me! I can't buy nuts and dried fruit in a grocery store anymore. It's like comparing shoe leather to prime rib! Your dried cranberries are outrageously good. Love your dates and your whole walnuts...let's just say we have every squirrel in a ten mile radius trying to chew their way into our pantry.
Luv you guys!”
Maey, Myerstown, PA April 16, 2012
“Dates arrived on date promised. They are delicious. Will order from you again,. Thanks for your good service.”
Amparo, Santa Paula, Ca. April 10, 2012
“not quite as good as you said!!!!!
I immediately opened the box, tore opened a bag, took out three, and almost couldn't wait to remove the pits. They are better than delicious,
would highly recommend these medjool dates. Perfect transaction too. Will buy again, Thank You.”
Marlena, Eureka, CA March 27, 2012
“Opened the box, pulled out a bag of dates and ripped into them! So huge, and luscious you can believe I'll be ordering more from you. Now my hubby wants to try some nuts since my experience turned out so well.”
Maria March 23, 2012
“The Jumbo Medjool Dates, my husband and my boys LOVED them. You will hear from me soon !
New Happy Customer”
Denise, Round Lake, Illinois March 15, 2012
“WOW!! That was my initial reaction when I tasted the dates upon their arrival today. The Medjool dates are heavenly sweet and moist. The California pitted dates are also delicious. The Brazil nuts and cashews are the best I have ever eaten. The mini fridge in my bedroom is now well-stocked with these great treats. I will be a regular customer in the future. I also plan to purchase many items as Christmas gifts every December.”
Showing 71-80 of 233
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|