Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Tema, Santa Rosa, Ca December 23, 2012
“Many thanks for the delicious dates, my friend loved it ! and the box arrived on time as specified. You guys are the best! Merry xmas!
Robert E. Anderson, Covington, KY December 21, 2012
“Well done, my noble nut suppliers! My shipment came on time and in perfect condition with lots of bright and colorful bags of goodies. I can't wait to dig in (oops - that's right. These are Christmas presents! Nuts!!!)
Looking forward to making kettle corn with the mushroom popcorn kernels and enjoying the figs, dates and espresso beans.
More accolades to come, I'm sure.”
Janet, Spring, TX December 20, 2012
“WOW...just took a bite of the Medjool dates I got and they tasted like they had just been picked. My yummy little something was fresh figs that took my back to my youth with our fig tree in the backyard. I don't think THEY were as good as your Turkish figs though. THANKS!!”
Nancy December 18, 2012
“The Medjool dates are fabulous.”
Arnold, La Jolla, CA December 14, 2012
“Your dates are by far the best I've ever tasted”
Lisa, Greensburg, Pennsylvania December 8, 2012
“My husband and I love the items we ordered! The dates are the best we have ever tasted! All of the items are in nice packages, and everything is so fresh and delicious. We will definitely order from you again. Thank you!!”
Phyllis, Louisville, Ky December 1, 2012
“Oh Heavens...I just received my Dates and chocolate covered Apricots...They are to die for !!! The medjool dates are sooo moist as are the tasty apricots...The absolute best I've ever eaten. YOU TOTALLY ROCK NUTS.COM !!!!”
Jeannie, Brooklyn, Ny November 30, 2012
“I preordered my own samples to ensure I would get the perfect gifts for others this Christmas - a selfish way of being unselfish ;) WOW medjool dates are huge and plump and a total magic carpet ride. The cinnamon apple "pie like slices" of dried fruit rocked my world. The holiday dates will never see a holiday- their days are numbered. I love how quality is never in doubt, the only doubts are about the QUANTITY to order.”
Jenn, Cooperstown, NY November 30, 2012
“I couldn't believe how FAST these came. I ordered them and in LESS than 24 hours, they were on my door stop. The dates are large, plump and juicy. my orange almonds are to die for and the Turkish figs were a surprise gift. Thank you!! 'll definitely order again!!!”
Cassie, Dallas, TX November 29, 2012
“Your dates are the freshest I have ever found! Good bye grocery store - hello Nuts.com!”
Showing 51-60 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|