Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Linda, Glasgow, KY October 24, 2012
“Medjool dates of any size are hard to find where we reside. Nuts.com's jumbos are the largest, freshest dates we have ever tasted. Truly incomparable and beyond jumbo in size. Purchasing direct from the grower was an affordable way of getting the finest quality delivered swiftly to our door. Thank you!”
Tim, Jupiter, Fla October 23, 2012
“The delivery was fast, days before scheduled delivery. I found "nuts.com" looking for corn nuts, which were very good, but the dates were the best I ever ate. Eating a date then a fig made the fig taste tart. I will be buying all again and soon. Thank you for the quality products at a good price. ”
Kathy, Waldorf, MD October 12, 2012
“I have never tasted dried dates and figs this wonderful before!!! They are amazing and so full of flavor. The figs are so delicious. They're like fig newtons without the newton! Fabulous products. Can't wait to try more of your goodies. Thank you.”
Elaine, Brandon, MS October 12, 2012
“My order arrived yesterday. It was packed well and I love the comments on the shipping box. Almonds were delicious, fig sample awesome and, medjool dates so big. Can't wait to make my healthy kale drink with these dates. Every item is so much tastier then what I buy locally. I will be a repeat customer. ”
Peggy, Lafayette, Indiana October 6, 2012
“I recently ordered for the first time from Nuts.com, and I am really impressed! The packaging was awesome--from the funny expressions on the box to the sturdy zip-top packaging...not to mention the eco friendly packing peanuts that dissolve in water! I ordered the jumbo medjool dates, and they are wonderful--plump, soft, and full of flavor. The organic gummy bears were a hit with my kids, and I am excited to try the almond flour. I was happy to find a free sample of quinoa in there, too! Thanks! I will certainly be ordering again; I just can't find this quality of products of in my area. Many thanks, Nuts.com!!”
dakotawind, north dakota October 4, 2012
“got my jumbo Medjool dates today and I am now a happy happy new customer. They are by far much better than any I have ever had before!!”
DOROTHY, Hannibal, Missouri October 4, 2012
“Your organic Turkish apricots are out of this world delicious. They're always moist and oh so sweet...plain yummy. They hit the spot and satisfy my craving for a dessert. I also love your dried Turkish figs and jumbo medjool dates. So fabulous! Thank for all your wonderful products and for super fast shipping. I've been a customer for over 6 years and will remain so for a long time to come.”
Marilyn, Logansport, IN September 13, 2012
“This is my second order of dates. They are delicious. I am amazed at your quick delivery. I got your e-mail today saying that they had been delivered, Sure enough the box was on the front porch! Thank you”
Shayna, boston, ma September 13, 2012
“These dates are amazing. When I buy dates at Whole Foods I don't get this kind of quality. Every date was plump and beautiful, not a moldy one in the bunch. If its warm where you are I highly recommend the packaging for no melting, I ordered these during a September warmup and they were still cool when I got home after work. $3 well spent. I will definitely be ordering again and again.”
James, Boerne, TX August 30, 2012
“I was just looking to buy dried pears but decided to try several things...
The jumbo Medjool Dates are creamy smooth, just as the others have mentioned...I call them "Nature's Caramel"
Turkish figs are great, sweet and not too dry. (unlike some from a local store that were like leather and not edible...)
The dried Strawberries, KIWI and cantaloupe are amazing... There is just the right amount of sugar added to make them a wonderful natural candy like treat...
Oh, and as for the pears... Just what I wanted!
Thanks for the free sample included with my order Nuts.com...
Showing 51-60 of 239
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|