Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Raul, Baldwin park, California February 4, 2013
“OMG ! The best dried fruit I've ever had bar none keep up the great work and keep those figs and dates in stock cause I will be placing another order soon !
Pauline, Cameron, NC January 30, 2013
“The jumbo medjool dates are the best i have ever tasted ... so juicy and meaty and delicious. wow... what a treat ! and just as i was craving something sweet they arrived a day early ... what could be more delightful than that ? Many thanks !!!”
PEGGY, walton, kansas January 24, 2013
“WOWEE they aren't kidding when they say these are the absolute BEST I am a fig and date LOVER and I have Never had fresher more richly flavorful figs and dates. My mother and I just couldn't believe the nectar of these wonderful fruits they have brought to their absolute fullest flavor,texture sweetness,and size. I now dole them out in order for them to last longer. Thank-you ever so much for you product. Simply We Love them Peggy Taylor ”
Sirpa, northville, MI January 23, 2013
“These dates are HUGE, plump, juicy and yummy, not those dried up ones you get everywhere else. I'm always going to get my dates from nuts.com. The dried apricots are plump and really tasty too. Really good.
Patrick, BRODHEAD, Wisconsin January 11, 2013
“I love figs and dates and the ones I ordered from Nuts.com were exceptional. We also ordered the coffee sampler pack and the first cup I sampled was also excellent. We will be making Nuts.com a regular part of our shopping from now on. Thank you Nuts.com !”
Donalee, Honolulu, Hawaii January 11, 2013
“Delicious dates, love the packaging. Convenient delivery, fast shipment to Hawaii. ”
Charles January 11, 2013
“The Medjool dates are the largest and best tasting we ever bought.
thank you for very fast and efficient service. your packaging is outstanding. Thanks again!
Will comment on the nuts and pretzels later.”
Ajeet, Green Bay, Wi January 11, 2013
“Great dates, extremely tasty and moderately sweet”
Mary Jo January 7, 2013
“Wonderful! Absolutely yummy! The chestnuts, cashews, figs and dates were all as fresh as could be, great tasting, and the service was perfect! I will certainly order from Nuts.com again!”
Debbi, Kief, ND January 6, 2013
“WOW! Just tasted our Jumbo Medjool dates. Even though I have always loved dates, and bake w/ them; these were the BOMB of all dates!!! So very fresh, moist, delicious..nothing at all like store bought packaged dates. They are a MUST to order! Thanks for the nice products.”
Showing 41-50 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|