Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jeannie, Brooklyn, Ny November 30, 2012
“I preordered my own samples to ensure I would get the perfect gifts for others this Christmas - a selfish way of being unselfish ;) WOW medjool dates are huge and plump and a total magic carpet ride. The cinnamon apple "pie like slices" of dried fruit rocked my world. The holiday dates will never see a holiday- their days are numbered. I love how quality is never in doubt, the only doubts are about the QUANTITY to order.”
Jenn, Cooperstown, NY November 30, 2012
“I couldn't believe how FAST these came. I ordered them and in LESS than 24 hours, they were on my door stop. The dates are large, plump and juicy. my orange almonds are to die for and the Turkish figs were a surprise gift. Thank you!! 'll definitely order again!!!”
Cassie, Dallas, TX November 29, 2012
“Your dates are the freshest I have ever found! Good bye grocery store - hello Nuts.com!”
Safia Akhtar November 26, 2012
“I got my shipment so far everything looks good. I ate one Medjool date and it tasted very good.
Sample for berry mix is good i wish i had ordered it before. Thanks for everything!”
jayne, many, la November 16, 2012
“wow what fast shipping, I couldn't believe the size of the dates not like the grocery store type big soft and sweet thanks for the gift of figs I will be ordering these next!”
Cathy November 15, 2012
“Just received my order of the medjool dates. I literally closed my eyes and savored the moment when I tasted them. I've not had a taste experience like this for a long time.”
Euniece, Salem, Utah November 13, 2012
“Your jumbo medjool dates are fantastic...had to buy more. I'm so impressed with the quality of your products and fun packaging that further promotes your company! I'm using this great box covered with logos, comments, etc., to send the products I ordred for my son living in Texas. I'm glad I found your company! Thank you!!”
Peggy, Torrance, CA November 12, 2012
“I found your website out of desperation to find a replacement for a company that had long gone bye-bye (sniff! :() I am SOOOO pleased with your products! The nuts and Turkish Figs and Medjool dates were incredible! You've got a new regular with me!
Seasons Greetings to you and yours! ;)
Justin, Brooklyn, NY November 6, 2012
“The medjool dates were amazing! We usually buy it from a local grocer, but your dates just blew them out of the water.
We're very happy customers.”
todd, Rutherfordton, North Carolina November 2, 2012
“great service. Dates came well packed, and were Delicious, will be ordering more”
Showing 31-40 of 234
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|