Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Charles January 11, 2013
“The Medjool dates are the largest and best tasting we ever bought.
thank you for very fast and efficient service. your packaging is outstanding. Thanks again!
Will comment on the nuts and pretzels later.”
Ajeet, Green Bay, Wi January 11, 2013
“Great dates, extremely tasty and moderately sweet”
Mary Jo January 7, 2013
“Wonderful! Absolutely yummy! The chestnuts, cashews, figs and dates were all as fresh as could be, great tasting, and the service was perfect! I will certainly order from Nuts.com again!”
Debbi, Kief, ND January 6, 2013
“WOW! Just tasted our Jumbo Medjool dates. Even though I have always loved dates, and bake w/ them; these were the BOMB of all dates!!! So very fresh, moist, delicious..nothing at all like store bought packaged dates. They are a MUST to order! Thanks for the nice products.”
Tema, Santa Rosa, Ca December 23, 2012
“Many thanks for the delicious dates, my friend loved it ! and the box arrived on time as specified. You guys are the best! Merry xmas!
Robert E. Anderson, Covington, KY December 21, 2012
“Well done, my noble nut suppliers! My shipment came on time and in perfect condition with lots of bright and colorful bags of goodies. I can't wait to dig in (oops - that's right. These are Christmas presents! Nuts!!!)
Looking forward to making kettle corn with the mushroom popcorn kernels and enjoying the figs, dates and espresso beans.
More accolades to come, I'm sure.”
Janet, Spring, TX December 20, 2012
“WOW...just took a bite of the Medjool dates I got and they tasted like they had just been picked. My yummy little something was fresh figs that took my back to my youth with our fig tree in the backyard. I don't think THEY were as good as your Turkish figs though. THANKS!!”
Nancy December 18, 2012
“The Medjool dates are fabulous.”
Arnold, La Jolla, CA December 14, 2012
“Your dates are by far the best I've ever tasted”
Lisa, Greensburg, Pennsylvania December 8, 2012
“My husband and I love the items we ordered! The dates are the best we have ever tasted! All of the items are in nice packages, and everything is so fresh and delicious. We will definitely order from you again. Thank you!!”
Showing 21-30 of 235
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|