Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
El Hadji, New York, New York July 2, 2013
“Hey nuts guys!
I have received my dates today and they are delicious. What I liked the most is the fun all over the fast process.
I would certainly recommand you to all my friends”
Brian, RTP, NC June 27, 2013
“1st time ordering from here. Ordered Sunday night and received Wednesday afternoon. Got what I ordered. The figs and dates are delicious. Same goes for the walnuts. Very pleased with the quality and service. Everything was fresh. Will order from here again.”
Angeles, laredo, texas June 21, 2013
“THE JUMBO DATES ARE DELICIOUS, AND FRESH, ALSO THE WALNUT DATE ROLL .”
Pamela, Costa Mesa, CA June 10, 2013
“I LOVE Nuts.com! I even got my office hooked! I don't know where to begin.. I am nuts and crackers about all the nuts, and flours and various other items. BUT the Turkish Figs and Jumbo Medjool Dates have got to be my ongoing favorites! My husband found Nuts.com a few years ago and we've been so happy with the great service and quaility of every product we've gotten.. Thanks for the yummy samples too.. They are awesome! We are here in California now for 25 years but are originally from NJ! ”
Felicite, Haddam, CT June 6, 2013
“I am hooked. Incredibly fast shipping of delicious Medjool dates. Thank you so much from one nut to others!”
Carol, North Port, Fl June 1, 2013
“Thank you!! Figs and Dates were delectable!! as well as the sunflower seeds! We will order again soon!
Nice and fresh! Thanks for excellence!”
Rev. Q, Miami, Fl May 24, 2013
“REGRETS!!! REGRETS!!! REGRETS!!!
Where do I start? #1 When I ordered my dates, I had never tasted one before. I did read and research on the benefits of dates...I suggest you (reading this) should do the same. the benefits are AWESOME! The company suggested I use a cooler bag to ship...SMART IDEA! Loved it...
#2 I just received the order....sigh...i reluctantly bit into a coconut date.... WOW!!! then I bit a pecan date roll.... WOW WEE!!! then I bit into a Jumbo Medjool Date.... swallowed and decided that they are perfect JUST plain also.
So I regret that I only ordered two bags of coconut, I regret that I didn't order two more bags of medjool plain dates and I regret I only ordered one bag of pecan date rolls.
Yeah regrets I have a few...but with nuts Online...too few to mention!
PS...thanks for reading this review...now order these dates, get one bag extra ALWAYS and look at the coconut and pecan ones... GET HEALTHY SNACKS rather than sugary processed junk.”
Tina, Carnegie, PA May 23, 2013
“I love dates, but the packaged ones on grocery shelves are hard, dry, and unpleasantly fibrous. The dates I ordered from you arrived in the blink of an eye, and spectacular. They are soft, gooey inside, and deeply flavorful. What a revelation. I really do hope you get many orders from date lovers because these are the best I've ever had, and I recommend them in excels. Allelujah, and the sample of figs you sent as a sample were ravishing delight! People are always looking for healthy snacks; well they are right here from Nuts.com. Try them, you will love them.”
Donna, Bonners Ferry, ID May 22, 2013
“Dates are plump and fresh..LOVE um.
Hazelnuts are super fresh tasting. Nicely packaged on both.
Packaging made me laugh.. so cute, all your sayings..
Thanks you guys. I will be back!!”
Bruce, Vernal, Utah May 3, 2013
“shipment arrived today, very pleased with quality of dates.”
Showing 21-30 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|