Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Allan, Lakewood, OH September 18, 2008
“Just got my 1st taste of the Jumbo Medjool dates. Yum! Sweet, tender and loaded with flavor--and a bargain, considering supermarket product is not top quality and costs more!”
Theresa, Orangeburg, SC August 29, 2008
“I can't say enough about your products and fast shipping! The Medjool Dates are excellent and never get smashed and those chocolate covered sunflower seeds Yummmmmmmmmmmm!”
Debi, Spring, Texas July 14, 2008
“I love these products, and the care they are shipped with. I placed an order that included chocolate items, and even in the middle of a hot Texas summer they arrived at my door on time, and cool as a cucumber! The best chocolate covered expresso's ever, and Medjool dates sweeter than candy! I can't wait to re-order.”
Diane, Pittsburgh, PA July 8, 2008
“For a recent camping trip, I ordered raw mixed nuts, medjool dates and sun dried tomatoes. This was my first order from NutsOnline and I couldn't be more impressed with the quality of everything received. The dates were so rich and delicious they seemed sinful, the nuts fresh and beautiful, the tomatoes the best I've ever had. I'm hooked!”
Diane June 24, 2008
“OMG!! I got my nuts, etc., today and already ate one medjool date! It was scrumptious!! Thanks for such great, quick service!”
Dianne, Howell, MI June 6, 2008
“Very, very pleased with my first order! Couldn't find salted walnuts anywhere & yours are excellent. Also, hard to find good dates & yours are very good, nice big dates with lots of meat! Thank you very much & I'll be back. ”
david, Bear, de April 17, 2008
“i must admit they are the most delicious dates I have ever eaten. About to order more right now”
Jonathan, Tulsa, Ok March 6, 2008
“I'm a first-time buyer with Nuts Online, but this certainly won't be my last time. I ordered three pounds of dates, and received them in three days. Much to my delight, the dates I received were plump, juicy, and delicious. Furthermore, as a marketing analyst, I love their order process, site layout, product tracking, and easy testimonial submission.
Way to knock it out of the park you guys. All my best in your endeavors.
Jane, New Jersey February 21, 2008
“Love the big selection. Received everything next day exactly as expected. Great quality and exceptional taste. My favorites were the Jumbo Medjool Dates and the pistachios. Will definitely be ordering more soon!”
ALICE, OMAHA, NE December 21, 2007
“MY SON SENT ME DATES FOR X-MAS. THEY ARE SO FRESH, AND PLUMP. WILL SURE BE USING YOU IN THE FUTURE.”
Showing 211-220 of 233
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|