Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Frank M Green, Cincinnati, Ohio October 15, 2009
“The dates are delicious: juicy and loaded with flavor. They arrived promptly. The snack packs are great...very convenient.”
Wesley, TX October 15, 2009
“got my delicious dates today, they're big sweet and delicious - love 'em”
Tanya, Georgetown, TX October 2, 2009
“My sister received the gift I sent for her birthday and is truly delighted. She says that those dates are the biggest she has ever seen and the figs are her favorite. Of course, the Brazil nuts were the main object and she is very, very happy with them. I enjoyed your humorous email about the delivery of the package to her. Tanya Early”
Nancy, Dayton, OH September 23, 2009
“EVERYTHING WAS EXCEPTION ESPECIALLY THE DATES. THE DATES ARE PERFECT.
THANK YOU. WE WILL ORDER FROM YOU AGAIN. ”
Mark September 4, 2009
“I placed and received my first order and I am very pleased. Extremely fast service, and the products I ordered are fresh and delicious. The jumbo medjool dates are the best I have ever tasted! ”
Mary Kay, Stony Point, NY September 3, 2009
“Hi. Got my order last night - great service - thanks. The jumbo Medjool dates were perfect. I will order the Jumbos and other items on a regular basis. Thanks for your great website.”
Ilham September 2, 2009
“I ordered Jumbo Medjool Dates (for the Islamic month of fasting - Ramadan) since I was running low from a prior purchase direct from a farm. The delivery came in one day and the product is excellent and just as good as what I received from the farm. Will definitely buy from nutsonline.com again.
Larry, Pinconning, Mi. August 27, 2009
“To the customer who has never tried the medjool dates. Better than cookies, pies, cakes, candy and just about any other type of sweet thing you eat that satisfies your sweet tooth. These dates were the fruit of the ancients... Kings and Queens. Do yourself a favor and buy one bag. WOW! talk about a real treat! the medjool date... you'll be more than pleased you did. ”
Eric, Nyack, NY July 28, 2009
“Great product, here in a flash!!! Thanks.”
Lynne, St.Louis, MO July 2, 2009
“After reading the high praise others had for your fruit, I ordered, but was a little skeptical. Dates and Figs arrived today, very promptly, and, of course I opened a bag of each right away. Absolutely the best I've ever eaten! I will tell my friends, and I'll order again...all too soon, I'm afraid!”
Showing 211-220 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|