Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
sharon December 28, 2008
“My oh my! your dates are Heaven on Earth! absolute perfection!
I only order from you guys! you are the best of the best!”
Kay, Houston, Texas October 15, 2008
“Hi - Received my order today and I must say I am impressed. Everything looks so nice and the dates are just huge. Will be back soon.”
Diane, Fort Scott, KS October 11, 2008
“Such fast delivery and the Medjool dates are the best we've ever had!”
Carrol, Phoenix, AZ October 6, 2008
“WOW! I just received my Jumbo dates and I must say, they are the best I've ever put in my mouth, AND they are HUGE! Heaven on earth. Thanks and I'll be ordering again soon.
Gene, Stillwater, OK October 4, 2008
“mmmmmm, can't type now. Medjool Dates!.....sticky fingers...”
Neomie, Alice, Texas October 4, 2008
“The dates were the most delicious that's ever tickled my taste buds! I never knew there were dates like these. The dates I've bought at the local grocery store are so pale in comparison. I hope you never run out. My husband and I kept guard over our one pound bag, to make sure the other didn't get an extra. We're finishing them off this morning, so must make another prompt order.
This was also the first time we've ever had quinoa, and liked it very much. The stores here don't carry it. What a shame, since it's so healthy. We found you by searching for it online. The dates were a bonus, and now they're the reason I'm back!”
Beverly, Largo, FL September 30, 2008
“My whole order was delivered as promised and those Jumbo Medjool Dates were probably the best dates I have ever had - far exceeded expectations. Huge and absolutely delicious!! Should have ordered more!!”
Walter E Ganson September 27, 2008
“All I can say is try the jumbo dates.”
Jean, Kansas City, MO September 27, 2008
“Your products are the greatest. I have been giving them as birthday and Christmas presents for 3 years. One of my many favorites are the jumbo medjool dates. They are fabulous!”
Jacqueline, Queens Village, New York September 21, 2008
“Dear Nutsonline family:
After receiving an email from you letting me know that you had just received Medjool dates, I ordered a 15lbs case. THIS IS THE BEST BATCH OF DATES I HAVE EVER RECEIVED PLUS THE PACKAGING WAS BETTER THAN WHAT I NORMALLY GET. THE BOX WAS LARGER AND STURDY. These dates are HUGE,PLUMP,DELICIOUS AND MOIST. They are the BEST. Anyone out there who want to try them, hurry and order from this batch you will not be disappointed.
The apricots are equally good. Thanks Nutsonline you're the BEST.”
Showing 201-210 of 233
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|