Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Nick, Los Angeles, CA June 16, 2009
“Gotta say that the Turkish pistachios and the Medjool dates that I received today were among the best that I have ever eaten. Also, your service was very quick and efficient. I will definitely become a regular customer. ”
Larry, Pinconning, Mi. June 13, 2009
“I bought the jumbo medjool dates in the one pound package... excellent eating at 24 calories a piece a good way to measure calorie intake... tasty little treats... much better than candy. I'll soon be trying some of the other products on your website because of two day delivery... smartly packaged and fast delivery... what else can a customer ask for? ”
irwin, blue springs, mo April 10, 2009
“Those big dates were unbelievable. I haven't had that kind of date since i was in israel in 1992”
felicia, mckinney, tx March 8, 2009
“WOW!!! your jumbo medjool dates are by far the BEST i've ever had!!!
I look forward to purchasing your other products!!”
elisa February 6, 2009
“Jeffrey, Kenny, Sandy, David and the whole peanut gallery..
I just received delivery #4 which equals to a delicious 55 lb of dates...
and out of the 4 boxes not as much as 1 date had to be discarded...
I am very pleased with this bunch of nuts, they offer quality products, and a fast delivery..”
Betty, Golden Valley, AZ February 3, 2009
“The dates I ordered came on the day you indicated it would, and they are absolutely the best I have ever tasted. I will be ordering from you again in the future. Thank you for your prompt service.”
Dolores, Jay, Oklahoma January 31, 2009
“I was just sitting here watching the diamond sparkles from the sun shining on the ice crystals from our recent ice storm when up pulls the FedEx man. And on a Saturday too. As soon as I got my box opened I headed to the freezer for my pecans. Why? My Medjool dates had arrived and I wanted one right away with two pecan halves inside. Best candy on earth, and good for you too. And I have found no Medjools better than those from Nutsonline. Same with the other items I have ordered from them. Fast service, decent price and excellent products. And, I would suggest you order more than one pound. They will go fast. And did you know, dates have twice the potassium as bananas? I ordered two pounds, but will be ordering more next week. The apricots I received are great too.”
Dianne, lTucson, Az January 29, 2009
“I am very pleased with the dates and nuts I received.
Michael , Red Bank, TN January 29, 2009
“The Medjool dates arrived in perfect condition. The date package is well designed. The dates are delicious. Very impressed by the rapid delivery.”
Sandra, Iuka, MS January 23, 2009
“The dates arrived promptly. They are tasty. Your site is user friendly. ”
Showing 191-200 of 233
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|