Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Rhonda June 16, 2010
“The box of goodies arrived today. First I tried the medjool dates. I've always liked them, but these dates were so much better than any others that I felt I was really tasting them for the first time. The cashews were wonderful, as promised, and the samples were so good that I'm sure we'll being ordering the full sizes soon. The delivery was very fast. We're happy customers.”
Diane June 6, 2010
“Great service, quick delivery, outstanding quality. The Medjool dates are sublime. (Quick recipe from Cook's Illustrated: Pit a large Medjool date. Stuff 1 whole walnut and a sliver of good quality Parmigiano-Reggiano in the date. Place on a beautiful platter. Take to a party. Don't expect any to be left at the end of the night. Amazing taste, and very popular with guests.)”
Jae April 28, 2010
“The dates are hands down the best I've ever tasted. Right now, I am trying really hard not to eat the entire bag and it's only been couple of hours since I received the order. ”
Trenton, NJ April 15, 2010
“Ohh my word - I got three bags of these dates from my mom and they were the best dates I have ever eaten in my whole life. They are better than candy - truly exceptional!!”
Howie, Venice, Florida March 5, 2010
“Awesome service. Received my order in only two days. The dates are delicious. Much fresher than buying from a health food store, where it sits for weeks or months in those bins. I have already placed another order. Keep up the good work.”
bob December 23, 2009
“The medjools arrived securely packaged, timely and fresh. They were quite juicy and of the highest quality. I am pleased that I've sent some to my friends and business associates.”
Virginia, La Verne, CA December 5, 2009
“This is the second time we've ordered from you and once again you've exceeded expectations. Such prompt service and incredible products. We love your strawberries and as of today we've become great fans of your jumbo dates. Thank you so much!”
Audrey Deflorentis, Las Vegas, NV November 14, 2009
“These Jumbo Medjool Dates are so soft and delicious we all love them!! THE BEST....Shall I keep the balance of the order refrigerated?”
Dwight, Littleton, CO October 23, 2009
“Shipment arrived on time! We have been married for 45 years and enjoy our "after-dinner-dates" every night. Fantastic!”
Julie, PA October 23, 2009
“You guys are anything but nuts! What consistently fresh products and I believe you set records for promptness in filling and shipping orders. We especially love the Royal Medjool Dates. These are Soooooo fresh and moist and are unlike anything that you can buy in a store. Hats off to you for your exceptional customer service and quality products and reasonable shipping costs! Thanks again. Julie”
Showing 171-180 of 233
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|