Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Kristi, NC January 15, 2011
“I received my first order a few days ago and I just want to say thank you for the super fast shipping and such wonderful products. Best Medjool dates and your prices can't be beat. Thank you for sending the ginger slices, my husband loves them. We'll be ordering again very soon!”
Charles, Carlisle, PA January 8, 2011
“I have ordered medjools form several online places over the past couple of years. This year, I tried your store because of price. I was a little concerned that these would not really be jumbos, or that they would be dry. Shipping was much less expensive than other places. The dates arrived the day after I placed the order, and were well packed. They were indeed jumbo size (I have some larges from last year, and these are noticeably larger) and they are very moist and fresh. I will order here again without hesitation, and would recommend others do as well. Better price, top notch product, very fast shipping, well packed. Thanks!”
Eva, Grand Haven, MI January 7, 2011
“Amazing! The fastest delivery on the planet! and the most delicious, fresh, munch on all day, dates ever!
My daughters are thrilled with their gift of healthy pleasure.
Thank you so much for your exceptional service and product.
Kaci H January 6, 2011
“When they say jumbo, they mean JUMBO! I have seen dates in my grocery store before but those dates look like dried up ants compared to NutsOnline dates. I cant believe how beautiful & fresh these dates are. I am a forever customer after this second order.”
Marie, Wakefield, RI January 6, 2011
“Unbelievable! Placed my order yesterday afternoon... shipment arrived this morning at 10:30! Incredible service, the dates are so delicious, look forward to using the chia seeds at lunch. Thank you! Will definitely order again.”
Nancy January 4, 2011
“The jumbo dates were DELICIOUS and the dried strawberries tasted like yummy gumdrops! MMMMMMmmmm good!”
Bob, BELLINGHAM, WA December 29, 2010
“I've never ordered food on line and didn't know what to expect. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. Huge dates in prime shape. I will be doing this again”
ann, NY, NY December 21, 2010
“My first order of Jumbo medjool dates from you.
It will be the first of many.They are amazingly tasty,plump and HUGE and arrive double quick time.
Thanks so much-Ann NYC”
doris December 11, 2010
“got my order yesterday i just opened the
bags or figs and dates it was like eating
candy i have never eaten a date that
was so large ill be back for more ”
Michele, littleton, nc December 8, 2010
“I needed specialty dates, found them on your site and placed my first order with you. Nuts Online had a great selection, so I decided to try a various selection of dried fruit, beef, popcorn and quinoa. The value per pound was great and I was thrilled with the packaging! We have tasted about half the order and are amazed at the freshness and quality of the product. I'll be back for all our "cardboard free" pantry needs! Thanks. So glad I found you guys! ”
Showing 161-170 of 239
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|