Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Moussa July 29, 2011
“it's because of all the good testimonials by others here that i decided to place my order with Nuts oline; yesterday i got my order, one day earlier than promised, and most importantly, everything I ordered was really good, so will definitely order from them again. ”
Amy , Columbia, IL July 8, 2011
“All I can say is yum yum yum yum YUM! Everything came in fresh, tasted great and I'm here to order more!”
Julie July 7, 2011
“Our 2nd order of your Jumbo Medjool Dates arrived today. I thank you for the yummy treats that make my husband send me yummy text messages since I told him they were here!! We thank you!”
Carol, Pasco, WA June 11, 2011
“My order arrived today--a day earlier than predicted!! Everything is AWESOME!!!
The figs and medjool dates are so large and moist--they are way better than any I've bought anywhere before.
I got a "sample" of crystallized ginger. It is a very large package for a "sample" and the ginger is very moist and, well--gingery!! Love it!
Thanks for the great service and the super products. I will order again.”
Linda, Down the Shore, New Jersey June 10, 2011
“Just got my most recent order yesterday & tried some new things that I hadn't had before. Salted pistachios in the shell are divine & I loved the spicy cilantro lime pistachios/pepitas. The glace apricots are so moist & juicy I know I will be ordering them again. Tried to order mostly healthy things like nuts & fruits, but I couldn't resist the creamsicle coconut candies which were delicious. Those mejool dates are the best dates I've ever had & will be on my "favorites" list. Also ordered the chocolate covered walnuts that I had before.
All of your items are so good that I would advise people not to order just ONE of anything because it will be gone quickly & you will wish you ordered more. I'm already compiling a second order....sure don't want to run out of my healthy snacks. Thanks for great yummy stuff.....& in Jersey, too!! ”
Mary, Kountze, Tx. June 2, 2011
“I Love Dates, I Love Dates, I Love Dates. The Nuts are great too. Now it is time to reorder. My thanks to the Nut Family. Mary”
Cathy, Harpers Ferry, WV May 28, 2011
“I placed my order on the 25th and it arrived on the 27th....fantastic. I really liked the Salted corn chips with flax seed and the figs are great but my favorite was the sample package of the Jumbo Medjool Dates. They were exquisite and I will order them next! ”
Jim, New Hampton, NY May 2, 2011
“NUTSONLINE.COM = INSANELY fast service + PHENOMENALLY fresh & FANTASTIC tasting snacks!
I ordered from NUTONLINE.COM on a Tuesday afternoon and got my package via UPS the next morning!
The JUMBO Medjool dates CRUSH any wimpy dates that you might find elsewhere and the dried strawberries are sweeter than candy!
NUTSONLINE.COM is one totally AWESOME experience!!!
THANK YOU, NUTSONLINE.COM!
Kathy, Christiansted, VI April 28, 2011
“The Medjool dates are wonderful. Just like we remembered from the Date festival near Palms Springs, CA last year! What a treat. Better than candy.”
Cindy, Salt Springs, fl. April 27, 2011
“Everything arrived fast and in great condition. the best dates ever!!! I will definetly shop again soon.”
Showing 151-160 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|