Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
John, East Boston, MA. March 3, 2011
“The nuts and dates came so fast I did not know even UPS moved stuff so quickly. The Jumbo Dates are great, and the nuts are all so tasty. So the service and the nuts themselves make this company one to use again without doubt.
Matthew, Queens, NY March 1, 2011
“You guys picked the Dates better than I did. Everyone of them in the 5lbs bag was perfect! Not a stinker in the bunch!
Jacci, Palm Springs, ca February 24, 2011
“My husband and I went to see our friend's new store--they had received so many dying flowers--but our dates we sent had made the biggest hit with everyone--they could not believe what a great gift we had given them for their grand opening! The dates were fresh and had an ongoing delight for everyone-flowere last a few days and die! Thank you so much--will order again soon for another gift--great product, service, and great price! Jacci T.”
Ginny, NY February 23, 2011
“Mu husband ate the first one and declared THESE ARE FREAKIN DELICIOUS!! THE BEST I EVER ATE IN MY LIFE!!!
I didn't get a single one...I am ordering more right now!! ”
alexandra, easton, ct February 22, 2011
“Beautiful, gigantic and fresh dates. Great packaging to keep them from drying out. Best dates I have ever had- plus fast shipping.
Thanks guys! ”
Sandy, Waukesha, WI February 6, 2011
“Top of the line Date, though the Zahidi is excellent as well. These are a bit gummy and very sweet, bordering on too sweet.
Still, they are excellent and I will be making them a regular purchase.”
Kaye February 5, 2011
“I ordered from you specifically to get the dates, and I was not disappointed. They are DELISH!! Fresh, soft, tasty...and best of all, healthy! No comparison with the fresh dates from the grocery store. Walnuts and almonds, also healthy and scrumptious.
Robert Barton, Ocala, Fl January 27, 2011
“I am just blown away with the freshness and Gigantic Taste of the Dates. We were in Israel in December and had dates waiting for us in one of the Hotels, and they were plump and sweet. Yours are AWESOME! Glad I found you! Keep up the nutty work!”
Rick January 21, 2011
“I buy pistachios on every trip to the grocery. The ones from Nuts Online are the biggest ones I've seen in a long time. They also seem to have a much better flavor. They are obviously much fresher.
The dates and figs are also superior to the store brands. I had no idea how good Medjool dates were. I'm having a few dates and figs right now as breakfast.
You can be sure I'll be trying some other items from Nuts Online.
By the way, the order arrived in very good time.”
Hernan Martinez, Endicott, NY January 16, 2011
“I do not know where to start, I will just say amazing! We got the whole wheat fig bars; they are absolutely delicious and very moist(hard to find in whole wheat products). The dark Chocolate covered pretzels are damm good as well. The Turkish Figs are truly amazing, and last but not least the Medjool Dates are super soft, they really melt in your mouth!
I really thanks NUTSONLINE team for the great customer service, quick shipping and FRESHEST PRODUCTS. ”
Showing 151-160 of 239
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|