Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Florence, Davenport, IA April 14, 2011
“Yes, the medjools did surpass my expectations. They are delicious.”
Robin, Oceanside, CA April 13, 2011
“I have been driving all the way to Dateland, AZ for my tasty dates for my annual homemade date ice cream. This time, it was kinda inconvienient to get to AZecause of the gas prices. I decided to surf the web and find an alternative. Your dates are just as tasty, less expensive and certianly more convienient than driving all the way to AZ! I might have to make Date ice cream more often. You guys might be responsible (at least in part) to my future widening midriff.”
Deb, Oregon April 6, 2011
“Yummy, I especially love the Jumbo Medjool Dates (I just ordered a pound of them before I submitted this so they won't be out of stock when you read this). They are so sweet and magnificent, I think they are very close to heaven and ecstasy.”
John M. McCabe, London, Ohio April 2, 2011
“YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!! My second time ordering the best dates in the world and it came in less than 48 hours. Great service, great product, what else could i want?”
Allen, Layton, Utah March 30, 2011
“Thye bag arrived and was immediatly opened up. The sweet delight inside finally overpowered my cravings and I was sated at once. Thank for having the best stuff on planet Earth.”
Mary Tania & Walter Levy, Pikesville, Maryland March 29, 2011
“I can't say enough about NUTS-online with out being redundant! but I will say it again and again how much we are enjoying the products they carry specially the MEDJOOL DATES!! They are the best we ever had!! We ordered 45 pounds!! That is how much we love them!!! (not resale but for personal consumption). We eat them as dessert after our meals or for a shot of energy!. Thanks for the great service NUTS-online provides too!!”
Mary Tania & Walter Levy, Pikesville, Maryland March 24, 2011
“We have being enjoying dates continuously for about three years now. We have being ordering from BulkFoods.com. The first time we got them from this site, they were big nice and plump therefore we continued ordering but gradually we realized that we were getting them very small dry and sometimes already rotten inside with a black fungus! NASTY!! we had returned a couple of orders... After ordering from NUTS ON LINE site (we had ordered from them previously some other type of products) it dawned on us that we had forgotten how great the products they sale were! We just got our shipment of 15 pounds. It was unbelievable! they are huge! moist! plump!! (three times as big as the ones we had from the other site!) My husband opened the box and handing one to me told me how "this time I had strike a good one!" YUP! I totally agree with him I DID STRIKE A GOOD ONE THIS TIME!! So... To make sure we have plenty I'm ordering a second butch. Another 15 pounds to store them in the freezer divide in small bags, ready to be pulled out when ever we run out of the one we'll be consuming!! Believe it or not... I use dates to sugar my mouth when ever I take any type of hot drink, tee, coffee, etc. I had read some where that it helps with the hot flushes! THEY DO!! ”
kathyk, Manistee, MI March 23, 2011
“Hello, fellow nuts! In less than 48 hours after ordering, even a Michigan blizzard didn't deter the delivery of my delicacies! I am already cooking some quinoa for dinner, and have been into the other goodies as soon as I could get them open. I haven't had such wonderfully fresh figs since I was a child and my dad somehow had access to them, and the Medjool dates are as good as the ones we got straight from the date trees in CA while there. Yummy stuff, all of it! I'll be back-- consider yourselves wonderful!! KathyK”
Kathy, San Antonio, TX March 10, 2011
“Considering this is my second order (probably not the last) of your jumbo dates I would say YES my mother REALLY enjoys them. She prefers them over ANY of those purchased at our grocery stores. Thank you for a great product!”
Mila, ND March 5, 2011
“Just received my package an hour ago and I have been munching away ever since. The nuts (almonds and cashews) are all fresh and wonderful. And the dates? Omg the dates are some of the best I have ever had! Chewy and moist and mmmmmmmm. You really can't find dates of this quality around here in the stores. The mochi rice cakes are a hit and the Turkish figs are going to disappear very soon. I can see now why people have been leaving you such rave reviews. You guys have a new and loyal customer for long as you are around. ”
Showing 141-150 of 239
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|