Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Anna & Alberto, Medford, New Jersey September 17, 2011
“First of all, thank you very much for your message and for the Turkish Fig sample package. They were greatly appreciated! The Medjool dates are superb! And the other products we purchased from you we will let you know very soon. Our package arrived so quick we couldn't believe. After browsing your website a bit more we were astonished by the many products you offer! Fantastic! You've got two fans!!! Sincerely, Anna & Alberto.”
Irmalee, Zebulon, GA September 15, 2011
“Everything was here on time. The dates were wonderful and everything I received was of the highest quality.Thanks!”
Elizabeth, SC September 14, 2011
“Oh Lordy! These Medjool Dates are better than any other date...LOL! They are that good! :-) Thank you again for speedy delivery! Everything is so good! Couldn't wait to open my package and dig into the Fava Beans! YUMMY! ”
Ingrid September 12, 2011
“Fast shipping, I ordered on Thursday and received it Friday! The dates are incredibly delicious. Thank you so much!”
Skip, heaven with, these snacks September 2, 2011
“Thanks I had some stuff sent to my Mom and Aunt they called and said thank you and that all arrived and was very tasty especially the dates. Thanks for sending this stuff to my Mom in good condition
Ayo, Missouri City, Texas August 24, 2011
“Everything is so fresh and well packaged. I love everything I ordered. The dates are so good, no sugar added. The Goji berries has so much flavor. I soaked them and eat them over ice cream. Excellent products and service.”
BJ, Minneapolis, MN August 18, 2011
“These are simply THE BEST MEDJOOLS I've ever had!!!”
Redwan, Amherst, MA August 10, 2011
“I got what I ordered two days after the order was made! The quality is top notch. Will definitely order again :)”
Driss, Fort Lauderdale, FL August 4, 2011
“You Guys are the best ..Amazing ,amazing Jumbo Medjool Dates , my wife and I , we were fighting who will be the first to open the package ..once we tried the Medjool Dates , OMG , THIS IS IT !!! The best dates we've ever had ..we are hooked :) I will be placing a lot of orders ..WE ARE NUTS ABOUT YOU NUTS :)
Thank you so very much .
Driss ( Ft Lauderdale , Florida)”
Randa, New York, NY August 3, 2011
“My first order of Medjool dates arrived within 24 hours. I am impressed with the quality and the service. I will definitely order again.”
Showing 141-150 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|