Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Nafisa, Atlanta, Ga January 20, 2012
“Wow! Fast service. I ordered the jumbo Medjool dates and they are great!”
Anna, Copperas Cove, Texas January 14, 2012
“Super quick delivery as always. My fiancé almost fainted when I handed him a 5 pound bag of maple nut goodies. My favorite thing is the jumbo medjool dates. Basically everything rocks! Thanks!”
Edward, Kissimmee, Florida January 13, 2012
“WOW...... is the word for these dates, they are awesome, thanks for the free sample you sent with my last order, I will be making a request for them in the near future.”
Jackie January 12, 2012
“I just got my order of Jumbo Medjool Dates and i just cant have enough of them ! They are delicious and succulent and the best part is it was delivered the very next day ! Thank you nuts.com crew !!!”
Kelly, Bradford, PA January 5, 2012
“My order arrived today and my husband and I were blown away by the quality of everything! I couldn't believe how big and moist the Medjool dates were , they far exceeded my expectations. My husband can't get enough of the Cajun Peanuts, they have the perfect blend of spice and heat to them. I will definitely be back for my goodies !
Phyliss, Burnet, Texas December 28, 2011
“Dates were very plump and good. Haven't
tried the apricots yet.
I appreciated the fast shipping.”
Kiyoshi, Carmel, Indiana December 17, 2011
“ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! I ordered the jumbo medjool dates and the barhi dates, 1 pound each. The medjool dates were so big, and yummy! The barhi dates tasted just like caramel, and they were fantastic! Thank you, nutsonline, for the wonderful products! I can't wait to order more soon :)”
Joyce, Denver, CO November 30, 2011
“We are from the Midwest, so love black walnuts and was very happy to find a reliable source. We had recently ordered samplers of the figs and dates and found them to be exceptional, so placed our order. Thanks for offering great quality items.”
Dan, Clifton Park, N.Y. November 30, 2011
“I could not believe the response time, less than 24 hrs. Dates and figs are superb. Best we've had.
The shell is broken, so we'll be back.”
Jan, Lafayette, IN November 29, 2011
“The order came quickly, the packaging was great-- and the dried fruits are delicious! Thank you, Nuts-Online!”
Showing 121-130 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|