Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jerry, Swainsboro, Georgia July 25, 2012
“Everything arrived on time and in perfect condition. Oh, those figs and dates are delicious. Gret stuff always!”
SCOT, Honolulu, Hawaii July 19, 2012
“We receive the shipment of 5 lbs. Jumbo Medjool Dates in less than 48 hours, and we live in Honolulu. These dates are absolutely the finest I have ever tasted. The texture, moisture, freshness and flavor are unrivaled -- I will most definitely re-order these dates and also try some other items. the dates were a wedding anniversary present for my wife, and the smile they put on her face was remarkable! Thank you, nuts.com.”
Fahad, Manchester, Ct July 12, 2012
“No word could possible describe it. 10/10 quality test and delivery highly recommended ”
Dickmann July 4, 2012
“Got the dates. Taste great.”
Genevie (Genny), CA July 2, 2012
“I am so glad to have found you on the internet. Saved me lots of time. ”
keith, cedar rapids, ia June 28, 2012
“Great product and nice to work with, dates were the best!”
Patricia, Surprise, Arizona June 8, 2012
“The medjools are FANTASTIC”
Matthew, APO, AE May 30, 2012
“I just received my first shipment of goodies from Nuts.com after hearing about them from my coworker. I ordered about 13 pounds of nuts and dried fruit on the 25th of May, a Friday and received them on the 30th of May, a Wednesday, in Afghanistan!! That is faster shipping than Amazon even given the Memorial Day holiday. I am also impressed with the quality and taste. I got the Medjool Dates, both varieties of Turkish pistachios to name a few and love them all. My whole work center was very interested and many of them will place orders too. Thank you Nuts.com family for great service and quality food. God bless!”
Rona L Book, Monroe, LA May 26, 2012
“I just received my box of nutty happiness and dove right in--wow, from the
melt-in-your-mouth, really HUGE Medjool dates to the tastiest nuts on the ENTIRE planet, ya'll get a big YUMS up!! THANKS!!
Andy, Kalamazoo, MI May 24, 2012
“I bought some Medjool Dates, Halawi Dates, and Turkish Figs from Nuts.com and the entire experience was wonderful. Shipping was fast, and thankfully everything was packed very well as UPS was quite rough on the box. Really looking forward to doing more business with Nuts.com. :)”
Showing 91-100 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|