Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Bonita, Redford, Mi February 1, 2012
“I can't believe how delicious the dates and figs are! I have always enjoyed these two fruits, but, after trying yours ZOWIE~~ These are incredible!!! better than chocolate.... did I say that? YES--BETTER THAN CHOCOLATE! and I'm sticking to it.
Karen, Dillsburg, pa February 1, 2012
“You make me cry it's so good! The Veggie Chips - fantastic - I've never had them before but will order them again. And the Jumbo Medjool Dates - always huge and fresh. Not to mention my favorite green teas - Hyson and Sencha - delicious!
Floria, Illinois January 26, 2012
“Where do I start? The dates are so moist and delicious, not leathery like the ones bought in stored. The dried strawberries are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Try them, you will love them. The mixed berries also
OUT OF THIS WORLD, and so healthy. I love this site. Thank you so very much for the super fast shipping too.”
Nafisa, Atlanta, Ga January 20, 2012
“Wow! Fast service. I ordered the jumbo Medjool dates and they are great!”
Anna, Copperas Cove, Texas January 14, 2012
“Super quick delivery as always. My fiancé almost fainted when I handed him a 5 pound bag of maple nut goodies. My favorite thing is the jumbo medjool dates. Basically everything rocks! Thanks!”
Edward, Kissimmee, Florida January 13, 2012
“WOW...... is the word for these dates, they are awesome, thanks for the free sample you sent with my last order, I will be making a request for them in the near future.”
Jackie January 12, 2012
“I just got my order of Jumbo Medjool Dates and i just cant have enough of them ! They are delicious and succulent and the best part is it was delivered the very next day ! Thank you nuts.com crew !!!”
Kelly, Bradford, PA January 5, 2012
“My order arrived today and my husband and I were blown away by the quality of everything! I couldn't believe how big and moist the Medjool dates were , they far exceeded my expectations. My husband can't get enough of the Cajun Peanuts, they have the perfect blend of spice and heat to them. I will definitely be back for my goodies !
Phyliss, Burnet, Texas December 28, 2011
“Dates were very plump and good. Haven't
tried the apricots yet.
I appreciated the fast shipping.”
Kiyoshi, Carmel, Indiana December 17, 2011
“ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! I ordered the jumbo medjool dates and the barhi dates, 1 pound each. The medjool dates were so big, and yummy! The barhi dates tasted just like caramel, and they were fantastic! Thank you, nutsonline, for the wonderful products! I can't wait to order more soon :)”
Showing 91-100 of 234
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|