Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Renato, Iowa Park, TX January 24, 2013
“Product arrived a day earlier than expected. I was (am) pleased with the fact that the items ordered are in self closing pretty resistant bags (not easy to puncture). This was my first order just to get my feet wet with the company. I have already tried the Spirulina and chia seeds in a blended drink, the figs and the cacao/goji berries energy squares and loved each thing (maybe a little too much the energy squares). I will definitely order more items from Nuts.com.”
Patrice, Atlanta, Ga January 12, 2013
“Just got my spirulina and I'm so excited to start using it! I love the packaging and the delivery time was super quick! I will def. be ordering from this site again!!”
Austina, Mesquite, Texas January 10, 2013
“Y'all are NUTS...and I love it. The chocolate covered cashews are the bomb. I did have to share them and that was a bummer. But my old man is crazy about them. The fresh cinnamon from Ceylon was great in the shake I made with the Spirulina and basil I bought for y'all .Everything smells so fresh and there is a lot of it. Thanx again- you Nut cases -keep up the good work... I will be ordering again soon..”
Nicole, Toronto, ON January 10, 2013
“This is one of the first items I ordered on Nuts.com, and I can't wait to experiment with it! I'm so pleased with everything about Nuts.com. I placed my order on the 8th, and BOOM! It's here on the 10th.
Everything looks so yummy that it's hard to refrain yourself from ordering everything! :)”
Nathan , Gilbert, Az December 29, 2012
“I am absolutely nuts about this company. I ordered a pound of spirulina on the 26th and it was at my door step on the 28th. I am an avid juicer and this is the kind of organic company to fulfill all my needs. I am so impressed can't wait to tell all my fellow juicer's about you.
Bryce Webster , Vancouver, Washington December 11, 2012
“This product is fantastic and I suggest everybody to buy from this site (nuts.com) not only cause of the fast shipping but also the wonderful art and packaging. the product spirulina is a little smelly but it goes good with good blends. i put it in a mixture of Eco-drink (vitamin water) 1 2/3 cups of water, about 1 table spoon spirulina, and 1/3-1/2 packets of Eco-drink
Gene, Scotts Valley, California December 4, 2012
“You have the fastest and most unbelievable turn-around time of any retailer anywhere! I have no idea how you do it....but don't stop. :)
Everything arrived as promised......only much,much sooner.
Keep up the great work.
Lee, Manhasset November 24, 2012
“Got a fresh lb of organic Spirulina and Chorella delivered to my door in less than 24 hours! Great products and great prices!”
iwetta, CO November 16, 2012
“you guys are soooo cute. I love your products and the quick delivery, unbelievable!!!
There is no better tasting spirulina and chlorella on the market, then yours and the price is unbeatable , too. love you!!!!”
Todd, Allentown, Pa October 10, 2012
“I accidentally came across your site as I was searching for something and I was pleasantly surprised by how much you have to offer. I ordered turmeric, spirulina, cayenne pepper and wheat grass. My order was placed at 1:05pm and I received confirmation by 1:45 that my order will filled and I would have it the next day. Sure enough it was on my front step. I love the box it came in. Thank you for your prompt service and I have already recommended your site to others. I will be a long term customer.”
Showing 61-70 of 173
Sara, Gilbert, AZ August 30, 2014
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|