Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Margaret, Cordova, TN August 13, 2014
“Fast delivery, delivered earlier than predicted. Gorgeous, delicious product and a little goodie in the bag also! Nuts.com will be my new go-to for sure!”
Lois, Topeka, KS August 6, 2014
“Great service, thank you!!!”
Avery, West Bloomfield, MI August 2, 2014
“I enjoy the freshness of the product which arrived just in time to prepare my powerful shake.”
Derek, Norwich, CT July 28, 2014
“i like it for my healthy boost in the morning. just add 1 TBS to your smoothie and that's it, not overpowering flavor to me. i will be ordering again when i run out.”
Colleen, Los Angeles, CA July 25, 2014
“Great product! So much cheaper than any of the bulk stores around me. Shipped out fast, plus they sent me an awesome little bonus pack of raw cacoa nibs.”
Francesca, Doral, FL July 23, 2014
“Spirulina is a must have in my home and the quality is amazing for the price. Always arrives right on time!”
nicolae, Corydon, IA July 16, 2014
“very fast shipping”
Nancy, Salt Lake City, UT July 8, 2014
“I use to sell Spirulina years ago when in was new to the market. I loved it then and yet I had totally forgotten about. In the last month I remembered how great I felt when I was in my forties, then it came back to my mind, I was taking Spirulina daily. So when I found you, I was totally thrilled, so I ordered.
When the Spirulina arrived and I tasted it, I knew I had a superior quality product! Thank you, I am totally NUTS over the products!!!
Another Nutty Customer, Nancy Bishop”
Anna, Glen Cove, NY July 2, 2014
“WHAT A BLESSING THAT NUTS.COM OFFERS ORGANIC SPIRULINA IN BULK FOR A MUCH MORE REASONABLE PRICE THAN OTHER STORES/SITES!! NOW, I CAN FEEL REST ASSURED THAT I CAN GET MY HEALTH BENEFITS FROM THIS SUPER GREEN POWDERED FOOD! THANK YOU NUTS.COM FOR SUCH A PROFESSIONAL SATISFYING, QUICK SERVICE BUSINESS!”
Karla, Downey, CA June 27, 2014
“I absolutely love the product and will buy it again. You can enjoy it on most foods and taste great.”
Showing 1-10 of 172
Suzanne, Vero Beach, FL August 16, 2014
“Thanks for the speedy shipment and great quality product. Very tasty.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|