Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
jessica, arcadia, ca February 6, 2014
“This is an excellent product at a great price. A good for nutritional boost with a bit of blue-greens. I take it within half an hour after exercise. Thanks. Nuts.”
ML, Hayward, CA January 18, 2014
“Nuts.com has high quality products and reasonable prices. I can't believe how fast their shipping is either! My hubby has lost over 50 pounds taking Organic Chia seeds everyday with water and I have a huge energy boost since I starting putting the organic Spirulina in my smoothies. Their organic gummy bears are super yummy! It's so nice to enjoy candy that doesn't have High fructose corn syrup in it. Than you for keeping my family healthy and happy!”
Derek, Kenosha, Wi January 17, 2014
“I ordered 1 pound of Organic Red Maca Powder and 1 pound Organic Spirulina. Then you all threw in a sample of Organic Quinoa, which the Inca warriors consumed for energy and stamina. The Organic Quinoa, is great for me since I'm a weight lifter as well as a runner. However I like the speedy delivery and the great products. You will always have a faithful customer. Jeffery I would also like to add that I love that you kept the family business going. I will do everything to spread the word to friends and family about Nuts.com”
Susanna, Phoenixville, PA January 13, 2014
“Great company! My order came on the day they claimed it would. And it was in the cutest box ever that was covered with all of these little messages all over it. The product is perfect with very good quality. I can't give them enough good comments. They also followed up with an email when it was delivered. Customer Service is a big 10!”
Robert, Jamestown, CA January 11, 2014
“This is the second time I have ordered your pea flour and spirulina. Every time I make oatmeal and waffles I add both of these to enhance the nutrition. Thanks......”
Robert, Sayreville, NJ December 27, 2013
“I found Nuts.com by accident a few months ago while searching for Spirulina. I now tell everyone what a great & fun company Nuts.com is. I love how fast you ship my orders to me. Thanks for being so awesome. I will definitely be a life long customer.”
Margo, Wichita Falls, TEXAS December 23, 2013
“OMG. This is terrific stuff. I starting mixing 1 Tablespoon in soup and felt immediate relief for my reflux. This is my digestive system's best friend. Not to mention my renewed sense of well being.”
Tyler, Bossier City, LA December 3, 2013
“It's great to know all the testimonials on the site were true. It's risky buying products online, but it's where I find what I'm looking for and for the best price. Nuts.com had all I was looking for and then some for great prices. I was excited that I received my order in 2 days just like everyone else was claiming. The products were of great and high quality and boy when they say raw they mean it. They properly took care of cold products too. I have not tried all of my products, but the ones I have are superb. The organic and raw products like Spirulina and Hemp and Mangosteen are the real deal. I am overly joyous from this experience and will be a regular customer. Thank you for your quality products and service!”
Joshua, Bronx, NY November 19, 2013
“The reviews here are all true. The chlorella and spirulina is always great. I also love the almonds that are imported from Spain. My family used to grow almond trees in Spain and the taste reminds me of home. Thank you everyone from Nuts.com!”
Jennifer, Pinole, California October 24, 2013
“You guys are great! Love the boxes (which get delivered promptly). I enjoy feeling like there are actual people (not robots) running this business :)
My organic spirulina is just great, and the falafel mix looks/smells wonderful. (The wheat grass doesn't translate as well, from fresh-squeezed to dried, but it was worth a try...) PS Thanks for the bonus pack o' figs :D”
Showing 21-30 of 173
Sara, Gilbert, AZ August 30, 2014
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|