Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Lindy, Coupeville, WA June 12, 2014
“I use this and the turmeric for my blood sugar control...along with your Ceylon cinnamon and fenugreek. AWESOME!!!”
James, Atwater, CA May 29, 2014
“Awesome Smoky Taste and Best Price in Market”
Cymone, Bronx, NY May 28, 2014
“Extremely fast shipment with no hassle. I'm happy you guys use UPS because so many other companies use USPS which causes problems for me time to time. Anyway, the product is GREAT! High quality, I am already feeling more energized and 'healthy' since adding my spirulina to a smoothie and then some water with honey and apple cidar vinegar today. Love this, will definitely be back.”
Gerard, madison, ohio May 21, 2014
“Thanks for the great service and high quality organic product.”
Melissa, Baltimore, MD March 19, 2014
“I got a sample of spirulina in a package and have since bought three POUNDS of it. I keep giving little samples to other people to try and convert them to spirulina lovers. This stuff is amazing. It doesn't have a strong taste and only 1tsp for breakfast gives me the energy ot two cups of coffee. Try it!”
Carrol, Brazil, IN March 7, 2014
“I am a 50 year old, female nutritarian, I eat plant based, whole foods that follows the Forks Over Knives philosophy. I am also a Spartan Racer and I use spirulina in my home juiced recovery drink. With the kale, ginger, lemon, green apple, celery, carrots, and cucumber (Joe Cross basic recipe with carrots), I add organic spirulina and organic super greens powder to enable my body to recover the vitamins, minerals, and protein it has used to grow stronger. Because it is not grown in the ocean, I have no fear of the radiation contamination coming from Japan or other dangers. What a great and healthy way to love my body back to good health. And, my doctor loves that I use spirulina as part of my fresh food diet.”
Terese, DUNSMUIR, CA February 28, 2014
“I was very impressed with the quality of the organic spirulina and organic pumpkin seeds. I tasted the spirulina and it tasted good! The pumpkins seeds were very tasty.
My package arrived on time and in perfect order. And very cute packages.
I will most certainly order for this company again.
They have become one of my favorites.
Great prices and great products!!!”
Jen, Lawrenceburg, KY February 22, 2014
“I'm so thrilled with the organic spirulina, hemp protein powder, and buckwheat that I ordered from Nuts.com. Very tasty stuff. The Turkish figs you included as a sample though? Wow! They are absolutely delicious. So thank you for the unexpected bonus. Guess I better order some figs...”
Nancy, West Milford, NJ February 8, 2014
“Ur process is FAST! Ordered one day and received the next. I'm impressed! Maybe there's a warehouse nearby [?]. Sending Assorted Energy Squares to my 95 yr. old dad and added the Organic Spirulina to my morning shake...yum! Love everything I've gotten to date. Will b back. Keep the family business going!!”
jessica, arcadia, ca February 6, 2014
“This is an excellent product at a great price. A good for nutritional boost with a bit of blue-greens. I take it within half an hour after exercise. Thanks. Nuts.”
Showing 21-30 of 182
Marcella, Round Rock, TX October 15, 2014
“Great product! Very pleased!! Thank you!!! :)”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|