Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried adzuki beans are a small dark red oval bean approximately 5mm in diameter. They have a very distinctive white ridge along one side. Adzuki beans have a strong, nutty, sweet flavor. They are popular in Asia. On The Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Joel Fuhrman called adzuki beans a miracle food that helps to prevent and reverse diabetes. Not a bad trick for a little bean!
How to Cook Adzuki Beans
The beans must be cooked prior to consumption. Soak 1/2 cup of beans overnight in ample water. Drain and simmer in 2 cups of water for 40 minutes to an hour. Alternatively, pressure cook the soaked beans in 2 cups of water for 5-9 minutes at high pressure. If you don't have time to soak the beans, pressure cook for 15-20 minutes.
Adzuki Beans Health Benefits
1) Protein Powerhouse: Adzuki beans are an excellent source of protein, which plays an essential role in the structure and function of our body's tissues and organs. One 1/4-cup serving of adzuki beans packs 11 grams of protein. This makes adzuki beans a wonderful addition to vegan and vegetarian diets.
2) Regulate Blood Sugar and Cholesterol Levels: A 1/4-cup serving of adzuki beans contains 7 grams of dietary fiber which is about 30% of the recommended daily value. They are particularly rich in soluble fiber which helps control blood sugar levels and can help lower LDL "bad" cholesterol by inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol into the bloodstream.
3) Weight Management: Rich in protein and dietary fiber, adzuki beans can keep you feeling full longer and support weight loss goals. A 2012 study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture found that rats that were fed with adzuki bean extract experienced better lipid metabolism regardless of whether they were on a normal or high-fat diet.
4) Rich in B-Vitamins: Adzuki beans are a good source of B-complex vitamins including B1, B2, B3, B6, and folic acid. This group of vitamins supports many of the body's normal functions including the production of energy, the breakdown of fats and proteins, and they also help your body fight infection and disease.
5) Mighty Minerals: Calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium are abundant in a single serving of adzuki beans. Calcium and magnesium are critical for building and maintaining healthy bones, while potassium regulates blood pressure. Iron helps deliver oxygen-rich blood cells throughout the body.
How to Enjoy Adzuki Beans
Incorporating the health benefits and delicious flavor of adzuki beans into your diet is easy! Enjoy them as a side dish or even as a main dish served with rice or in soup. Make your own veggie burgers by combining adzuki beans into patties with other beans, grains, vegetables, and spices. For a healthy salad, toss adzuki beans with wholesome ingredients like kale and quinoa. For Asian pastries and glutinous rice cakes, adzuki beans can be boiled with sugar and mashed into a red bean paste and used to make these sweet confections. There's no limit to what this little bean can do!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Helen, Joplin, MO October 21, 2013
“I heard about adzuki beans from the Dr. Oz show. I used them to make chili along with the Nuts.com chili powder. It was the best chili I've ever had. Very filling and satisfying. I'm making more this week and I'm re-ordering more beans. With cold weather coming I think they'd make a very delicious soup maybe with some ham. Thanks for the wonderful service.”
Del, Lockport, NY September 27, 2013
“The adzuki beans arrived on time and they look perfect in every way.”
Beth, Powder Springs, Georgia August 1, 2013
“Nuts.com is AWESOME!! Thank you for another fast, reasonable, and quality transaction! The Goji berries are awesome, the adzuki beans are phenomenal, and the kale chips are yummy! Thank you!!! We are customers for life now!!”
William, Florence, AZ July 2, 2013
“Product arrived as scheduled and intact despite the ripped box.”
Patty, Pendleton, Indiana May 26, 2013
“I received my shipment of Adzuki beans one day earlier than expected. Shipping service was great and I am enjoying the little treat enclosed. I have read how good they are for you, so I am looking forward to cooking some. I even ordered some to share with my sisters. I'm sure I will order again.”
Dr. Hassan, Watertown, SD April 5, 2013
“Best Adzuki Beans, Best prices, Most Friendly partners and Fastest Delivery. Thank you.”
Dee, Gainesville, Ga March 26, 2013
“Package of beans arrived on time. Great product. Love the boxes also”
Julia, Oxford, MS March 16, 2013
“What a cute letter !! I am so very pleased with my order -- the nuts & candy are delicious. I have ordered the adzuki beans twice before, so you know I love them. Thanks for the very fast service, & also for the free gift. ”
Paula, East Windsor, New Jersey February 25, 2013
“WOW!! I ordered yesterday and received my order today! You could make a fortune just selling your secrets in efficiency and customer satisfaction to other companies. BUT DON'T STOP PROVIDING US WITH YOUR FANTASTICALLY FRESH PRODUCTS. The info you provide with each product are inspiring.
Mickey, Schroon Lake, NY February 12, 2013
“Thank you for the fast delivery and great items. Have forwarded tea and adzuki beans to family in GA and NY. Thanks for the extra treat added. Will order again. ”
Showing 1-10 of 25
mick, manchester, michigan February 12, 2014
“I just received an order of beautiful, fresh adzuki beans, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. This is a level of quality noticeably above what I can find at local stores. And really well packaged.
Serving Size 100g (~3.5 oz.)
(Approx. 4.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||4|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|