Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Stephanie, Silverdale, WA March 5, 2013
“I just received my bag of walnuts. They look and taste great! The really cute shipping box and bag with the nut drawings was a very pleasant surprise! I love the nuts and the art work!
Charolette, Parkersburg, WV February 23, 2013
LOVE THE WALNUTS !!
ALL WENT PERFECT . THANK U”
Suresh, Cary, NC February 23, 2013
The walnuts arrived as promised. I tasted a few and am very pleased with the quality of the product. Loved the packaging. Thank you for making this a very pleasent shopping experience for me and for the free gift. Going foward, whenever I will feel like a Nut, you will be the first to know.
salvatore, rehoboth beach, Delaware February 20, 2013
“Mad me feel like I was back home in Tulare, California. Perfect nuts and package was great and service was wonderful. Can"t wait to for 2013 harvest. Thank you the Maggio.”
Richard L. Sweet, Camas, WA February 19, 2013
“All the nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, & almonds) were great and my friend 'Fred' the 25 year old Blue & Gold macaw thinks they are awesome. He has complained that I did not also get Pine nuts and Sun flower seeds.”
Rahel, Manchester, MI February 13, 2013
The nuts have arrived and our birds have been all over them.
I love the box they came in and also your funny e-mails.
I sure will order again from you.
Thank you for the great service!
kims, concord, ar February 11, 2013
“My Umbrella Cockatoo Popeye LOVES these fresh nuts....Great, friendly service always & fast shipping I have used them twice & have had nothing but good to say about nuts.com!!”
Kathy, Milton, WI February 7, 2013
“Neither rain, sleet, snow kept my package from arriving on time... even peaked the interest of my grandson on the nuts... thanks again for such wonderful service..Will enjoy fresh walnuts/sweets while the snow continues to come down. :-) ”
David, Chapel Hill, NC February 6, 2013
“My wife's response was "this may be the freshest nut I've ever eaten". She holds food to a high standard so I would say these are great nuts.”
Nanette, Mason, MI January 31, 2013
“The nuts are wonderful. We actually ordered them because our Blue/Gold Macaw loves walnuts and we can no longer get them in our local store. Jaz loves them.
Nutty Nanette :-)”
Showing 81-90 of 220
dennis, Franklin, NC September 20, 2014
“Fast delivery-came day earlier than predicted--thanks for excellent service”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|