Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Lydia, Thompson, OH August 13, 2014
“Gypsy was so happy her nuts arrived.”
Jackie August 12, 2014
Tammy, NEWAYGO, Michigan August 9, 2014
“Awesome!!!! My Macaw is very happy with his 25lbs. of Walnuts that he received. We got a good laugh out of the box and e-mail that told me I had a package at the door. Nice to see someone that has a sense of humor and obviously loves their job! Thanks! : )”
Ray, Bandon, Or August 9, 2014
“Great walnuts, nice in big, great flavor, We loved the shipping box, Also we received them quickly, I will know longer buy the leftovers at the grocery store after Christmas.
Gordon, Fairfax, VA August 6, 2014
“A feast for 4 months”
Deborah, Metairie, La July 31, 2014
“When we got Our gray bird he was shy and finicky. Our first Christmas together he developed a fancy for walnuts(just like me) we purchased locally until lone day our supply dried up. By chance I hit the google. And there y'all were. Great find. We have been so happy with your product. No bins nuts handled by everyone nuts for us. Superior product. Great price. Love ya”
James, Bastrop, TX July 8, 2014
“Our beautiful blue and gold macaw, Tiki, she loves you too... but mostly she loves your walnuts! :)”
Timothy, DeWitt, IA June 28, 2014
“A very healthy tasty snack to have.”
Joe, Westminster, MD June 24, 2014
“Received order in one day. Loose packed walnuts came in great shape. My blue front Amazon is talking up a storm in appreciation.”
Terri, Saint Petersburg, FL June 19, 2014
“Very Fresh, love the packaging!”
Showing 1-10 of 213
Karen, Ocean Springs, MS August 21, 2014
“Order them five lbs. at a time. This makes my third order since I found you. They are large and sweet and keep me from eating half a bag of shelled walnuts. I usually crack two when I need a snack and it's just enough.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|