Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
John, Hanover Park, IL September 27, 2014
Geri, Elmsford, NY September 24, 2014
“I feel like I never had good walnuts before these - they are so flavorful.”
Russell, New York, NY September 21, 2014
“I am a regular customer who runs a canteen out of my window sill for squirrels here in NYC (so I also qualify as a nut). Autumn has arrived and it's crunch time for my squirrel friends, so they cannot get enough of the English Walnuts, Hazelnuts, Hard Shelled Pecans, and Raw Almonds I supply them with. The premium quality (size, freshness, and variety) of the nuts I get from Nuts.com is a joy for us all (squirrels and squirrel nut alike). I never worry about running out of anything because you make things so easy with quick reordering clicking and the Johnny-on-the-Spot next day delivery. Nuts.com is the best. Thank you.”
dennis, Franklin, NC September 20, 2014
“Fast delivery-came day earlier than predicted--thanks for excellent service”
Don, Grass Valley, CA September 19, 2014
“Good job, Guys! Your nuts have so far seemed high quality and quite good. Super fast shipping and reasonable prices.
I'm a wildlife rehabilitator and will probably be using you for some time to come. My squirrels are quite happy with your wares.”
FAHAD, Westbury, NY September 17, 2014
Sharon, Farmington, NM September 9, 2014
“Birds are delighted!!!”
Sandra, Waukegan, IL September 5, 2014
“The squirrels are overjoyed with their nutty delivery! Walnuts are their very favorite food. Thank goodness the package is heavy, or they would be trying to carry it off before I could get it in the house! Thanks for the prompt delivery. I would not want them going through walnut withdrawal. Things could get ugly!!!”
Maria, San Marcos, CA September 5, 2014
“My order arrived so quickly, was packed well, and the nuts are great!”
Carole, Stratford, CT September 3, 2014
“These are ALWAYS a favorite for my parrot. She lets us know when it is getting time for HER Walnut!! I alternate with Brazils. They are always fresh and sometimes she will eat the nut and them chew on the shell and break it up into little pieces. A fun game for her.”
Showing 1-10 of 224
Bennie, Midland, MI September 30, 2014
“Again the animals I feed can't wait for their feeding times. It's hard to find nuts locally to purchase locally here, my daughter found your site.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|