Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Marcya, Brentwood, CA January 9, 2013
“OMG! First, I was impressed that my order arrived exactly on the date you promised. Second, it was packed very well and the nuts were in such cheerful (and cute) packaging! And, finally, I tasted them and they took me back in time to when I was a farmgirl - they are THAT good! Thank you so much. I wll order again!”
Ivy, Ojai, Ca January 5, 2013
“Just got home from an evening out and my parcel of nuts were waiting on my porch. Even though I was full from Dinner I opened the parcel and had one nut from each bag. Right away I could tell these were good nuts- delicious and fresh. Thank you so much. Ivy ”
Steve, Lake Elsinore, Ca December 17, 2012
“This company ships so fast you won't believe it.Their customer service is the best and the people are so friendly. I will be a steady customer forever...”
Ky, Whiting, Nj December 11, 2012
“Good service. Nuts are delicious and delivery box with plenty funny comments.
Considered buying more nuts..”
Kris, ambler, pa November 28, 2012
“Thanks so much. Very fast delivery. Packaged incredibly well. I buy nuts in shell for my rescued Macaw parrots. Your company provides fresh nuts that are clean and packaged well. I highly recommend Nuts on line!”
David, Wyoming, Michigan November 21, 2012
“Just received first order of walnuts and hazelnuts. Wonderful stuff. Very fast delivery. Great resealable packaging. And the complimentary sample of coffee was a geat touch. I normally grind my coffee from whole bean but this ground coffee sample was very good.Till next time,
Thank you for excellent service and quality and great prices.”
MARDEST, TOLEDO, Ohio November 15, 2012
“LOVE THE NUTS. I STARTED EATING THEM RIGHT AFTER THEY ARRIVED. THEY ARE DELICIOUS. YOU ARE MY SOURCE FOR NUTS. I ORDERED THE PECANS AND THE WALNUTS IN THE SHELL.. ”
Betty, Corona, California October 31, 2012
“My walnuts arrived, and I have already shelled one package. They are very good, and good for my health, too.”
Lisa, Santa Clarita, CA October 31, 2012
“I looked all over to find walnuts in the shell and just couldn't find them. The bins in the grocery stores just don't exist any longer. I was able to get exactly what I wanted on your site and received it in a timely manner. Without a doubt, I will order from your site again.”
Edna, Climax, NC October 19, 2012
“Second year of ordering 25# of English Walnuts. Two day delivery, very impressive.”
Showing 71-80 of 197
Joe, Westminster, MD June 24, 2014
“Received order in one day. Loose packed walnuts came in great shape. My blue front Amazon is talking up a storm in appreciation.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|