Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Ky, Whiting, Nj December 11, 2012
“Good service. Nuts are delicious and delivery box with plenty funny comments.
Considered buying more nuts..”
Kris, ambler, pa November 28, 2012
“Thanks so much. Very fast delivery. Packaged incredibly well. I buy nuts in shell for my rescued Macaw parrots. Your company provides fresh nuts that are clean and packaged well. I highly recommend Nuts on line!”
David, Wyoming, Michigan November 21, 2012
“Just received first order of walnuts and hazelnuts. Wonderful stuff. Very fast delivery. Great resealable packaging. And the complimentary sample of coffee was a geat touch. I normally grind my coffee from whole bean but this ground coffee sample was very good.Till next time,
Thank you for excellent service and quality and great prices.”
MARDEST, TOLEDO, Ohio November 15, 2012
“LOVE THE NUTS. I STARTED EATING THEM RIGHT AFTER THEY ARRIVED. THEY ARE DELICIOUS. YOU ARE MY SOURCE FOR NUTS. I ORDERED THE PECANS AND THE WALNUTS IN THE SHELL.. ”
Betty, Corona, California October 31, 2012
“My walnuts arrived, and I have already shelled one package. They are very good, and good for my health, too.”
Lisa, Santa Clarita, CA October 31, 2012
“I looked all over to find walnuts in the shell and just couldn't find them. The bins in the grocery stores just don't exist any longer. I was able to get exactly what I wanted on your site and received it in a timely manner. Without a doubt, I will order from your site again.”
Edna, Climax, NC October 19, 2012
“Second year of ordering 25# of English Walnuts. Two day delivery, very impressive.”
Alta, Roan Mountain, TN October 17, 2012
“Super fast, large sized english walnuts, very happy.”
Marge, Cedar Rapids, IA October 17, 2012
“Thanks again for the fast transaction! And how appropriate that a birdie told you I got the nuts..we ordered these nuts for Waco & Alex our parrots! They say thank you as well!”
Donna & Jeff, Morriston, FL September 12, 2012
“We ordered several types of nuts including, walnuts, brazils, almonds and pistachios. Each and every one is beyond delicious. Excellent quality and will definitely be buying some at the holidays for gifts. So glad we found NUTS.com”
Showing 71-80 of 194
carrie, Two rivers, WI March 29, 2014
“I had no idea I could have fresh nuts year round. No more only waiting until Christmas for me. First shipment was fresh and delicious I'm hooked. Another order coming soon!”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|