Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Edna, Climax, NC October 19, 2012
“Second year of ordering 25# of English Walnuts. Two day delivery, very impressive.”
Alta, Roan Mountain, TN October 17, 2012
“Super fast, large sized english walnuts, very happy.”
Marge, Cedar Rapids, IA October 17, 2012
“Thanks again for the fast transaction! And how appropriate that a birdie told you I got the nuts..we ordered these nuts for Waco & Alex our parrots! They say thank you as well!”
Donna & Jeff, Morriston, FL September 12, 2012
“We ordered several types of nuts including, walnuts, brazils, almonds and pistachios. Each and every one is beyond delicious. Excellent quality and will definitely be buying some at the holidays for gifts. So glad we found NUTS.com”
Joanne, amityville September 7, 2012
“The shipping is very fast, I ordered on Labor day(Monday) and it arrive in my house Wednesday morning. I am very happy with their service. Also the walnut I received is very fresh and crisp, each to open, everyone of them looks very good. I will definity order again.
duane, atlanta, ga August 31, 2012
“thanks for supplying the walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans in the shell. I have a real hard time finding nuts in the shell at this time of year. I buy them for my blue/gold and scarlett macaws. They are very picky when it comes to freshness and they enjoy the nuts that I have gotten from you thus far.”
Kathleen, Kyle, Texas August 30, 2012
“You guys are the BEST! So far, I've ordered mostly almonds and walnuts for our Macaw, Tiki. She loves them, and will even dip her head into the bag to pull out the ones she wants. None of them ever go to waste. Prices are great, shipping is cheap and so fast we never run out! When I screwed up my last order, you fixed it immediately for me... Bless your hearts! I'll always order from you - thanks for a great product and a great company!!”
Michelle August 24, 2012
“The nuts arrived and made a lot of parrots very happy. They like nuts in the shell and can't get them locally. You have a great selection! Fedex was terrific
even called to tell us the nuts had arrived.. THANKS!”
Jane, Draper, UT August 22, 2012
“Hello all you nuts at nuts.com!! What a great find when I stumbled upon your website looking for some walnuts in the shell for a thank you gift. My sister received her walnuts today (exactly on time) and she could not have been happier! She said they were gorgeous and very delicious. Thank you so much for your professionalism and wonderful customer service. You will be hearing from me many times in the future. Since nuts are healthy, you are my new "go to" company for gifts and for me! Goodbye Godiva.com!! ”
Lu, Jacksonville, Florida August 2, 2012
“My order arrived...and I loved the box...so did the UPS man. The walnuts I ordered for my 9 parrots...this is their treat before bed time...the walnuts are huge...they will get half each compared to the whole ones they receive now..the remainder of nuts are for my husband and I know he will enjoy them...they look beautiful...I am pleased to have found your company and will do all my future business with you.......From Nutty Lu”
Showing 61-70 of 178
wally, sierra vista, az December 7, 2013
“Good job. Nuts arrived early. Kids going crazy. Told them we didn't have a nut cracker. Relented and we are enjoying Brazils and English walnuts. thx”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|