Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
NANCY, Killeen, Texas July 3, 2013
“A few months ago, I order 15 bags of walnuts. I still have a half of bag left. They are the best walnuts I ever had. I have just ordered another 13 bags of walnuts. Try them they are fresh and not all dried up. When they say a pound of nuts, that's exactly what it is.”
Rhonda July 1, 2013
“Thank you, Received the shipment very timely, and my African Grey and Seminole Parrot say Yea, Yea, Yea, we're back in the nuts. The English Walnuts in the shell are one of their all-time favorite treats, so now they don't have to wait from Xmas to Xmas!”
karen, portland, me June 12, 2013
“I was so impressed by how quickly the nuts arrived! Also, love the packaging. And a gift of delightful figs!
How sweet. My parrots, Romeo and Millie, are so happy. As am I!”
WILLIAM, PARIS, Kentucky June 7, 2013
“The walnuts are delicious! Someone told me they were very good for certain health issues, but I can't remember who told me or what they were good for, but I've always loved them and only got them around the holidays, so very glad to have them now.”
Burt, Sumter, SC June 6, 2013
“A couple days ago, I had never heard of nuts.com - I found it on a google search. The price seemed reasonable so I placed an order for 25 pounds. I ordered the nuts on Tuesday afternoon and much to my surprise, they arrived on Thursday morning. Communications from nuts.com were excellent. They acknowledged the order, told me when the order shipped and provided the arrival date as well as sending notification of delivery of the order. Support was near perfect. Thanks.”
Royce, Richmond, VA May 29, 2013
“Nuts to the rescue!!
After Christmas, it almost impossible to find English Walnuts in the Shell anywhere in Central Virginia. Ordering online sure saves driving to a lot of food stores. Nuts.com seems to have it all. Thanks.”
Anita, Jacksonville, FLORIDA May 3, 2013
“I am very pleased to have found the Nuts.com website. My husband and I love English Walnuts, Hazelnuts, and Brazil nuts in the shell all year round, but after the holiday season it is hard to find them in-shell in local grocery store chains. Thank God for Nuts.com!”
Glo, SYLVESTER, Georgia April 26, 2013
“excellent product, fast shipping, my bird and I thank you!!!!”
Cyndy, Upper Township, New Jersey April 25, 2013
“A LOVE STORY
I needed a few items during my operation recovery. My parrots needed nuts! I searched and found this site, so I ordered several items. the NEXT DAY, they arrived! What a surprise! Everything is perfect. I will continue to do business with these nutty folks!”
Fred, Berea, OH April 25, 2013
“Fabulous and quick! Best nuts I've had!”
Showing 61-70 of 223
John, Hanover Park, IL September 27, 2014
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|