Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Rahel, Manchester, MI February 13, 2013
The nuts have arrived and our birds have been all over them.
I love the box they came in and also your funny e-mails.
I sure will order again from you.
Thank you for the great service!
kims, concord, ar February 11, 2013
“My Umbrella Cockatoo Popeye LOVES these fresh nuts....Great, friendly service always & fast shipping I have used them twice & have had nothing but good to say about nuts.com!!”
Kathy, Milton, WI February 7, 2013
“Neither rain, sleet, snow kept my package from arriving on time... even peaked the interest of my grandson on the nuts... thanks again for such wonderful service..Will enjoy fresh walnuts/sweets while the snow continues to come down. :-) ”
David, Chapel Hill, NC February 6, 2013
“My wife's response was "this may be the freshest nut I've ever eaten". She holds food to a high standard so I would say these are great nuts.”
Nanette, Mason, MI January 31, 2013
“The nuts are wonderful. We actually ordered them because our Blue/Gold Macaw loves walnuts and we can no longer get them in our local store. Jaz loves them.
Nutty Nanette :-)”
tommy, Chattanooga, TN January 31, 2013
“My Dad loves the English Walnuts we can get around here at Christmas, but that's it after that !! Did I surprise him with a big ole 5 pound bag this week !!!He said they were the best ever, and he is 86 !!! The box was a big hit !! I'll be back, that is for sure !! Thanks!!! TS”
Roy, Malone, Florida January 22, 2013
“Hi Guys, Just wish to tell you the walnuts are great. It's nice to conduct business with people who have a good since of humor. Hope you keep the walnuts year round.”
Kitty, Titusville, FL January 18, 2013
“WOW!!! I thought our family was nuts....you guys take the cake! I've been ordering online for the past 10 years, and this was, without a doubt, "the best" online ordering, receiving, quality, customer service experience I have ever had. The box my order came is is a hoot! Way to go, you guys for offering such a righteous, fun company to make our family laugh and smile. By the way, your products are amazing! Guess what? I'll be ordering again! Thanks again, you pack ah nuts... :-) xoxo fellow nut”
Marcya, Brentwood, CA January 9, 2013
“OMG! First, I was impressed that my order arrived exactly on the date you promised. Second, it was packed very well and the nuts were in such cheerful (and cute) packaging! And, finally, I tasted them and they took me back in time to when I was a farmgirl - they are THAT good! Thank you so much. I wll order again!”
Ivy, Ojai, Ca January 5, 2013
“Just got home from an evening out and my parcel of nuts were waiting on my porch. Even though I was full from Dinner I opened the parcel and had one nut from each bag. Right away I could tell these were good nuts- delicious and fresh. Thank you so much. Ivy ”
Showing 61-70 of 195
Skeeter Blanton, Valdosta, Ga. April 19, 2014
“Received my English walnuts in 3 days and they are fresh and delicious.....In fact they are better than I expected.....I will certainly recommend you to all my nutty friends......I will reorder soon!!......Best wishes........”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|