Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
tommy, Chattanooga, TN January 31, 2013
“My Dad loves the English Walnuts we can get around here at Christmas, but that's it after that !! Did I surprise him with a big ole 5 pound bag this week !!!He said they were the best ever, and he is 86 !!! The box was a big hit !! I'll be back, that is for sure !! Thanks!!! TS”
Roy, Malone, Florida January 22, 2013
“Hi Guys, Just wish to tell you the walnuts are great. It's nice to conduct business with people who have a good since of humor. Hope you keep the walnuts year round.”
Kitty, Titusville, FL January 18, 2013
“WOW!!! I thought our family was nuts....you guys take the cake! I've been ordering online for the past 10 years, and this was, without a doubt, "the best" online ordering, receiving, quality, customer service experience I have ever had. The box my order came is is a hoot! Way to go, you guys for offering such a righteous, fun company to make our family laugh and smile. By the way, your products are amazing! Guess what? I'll be ordering again! Thanks again, you pack ah nuts... :-) xoxo fellow nut”
Marcya, Brentwood, CA January 9, 2013
“OMG! First, I was impressed that my order arrived exactly on the date you promised. Second, it was packed very well and the nuts were in such cheerful (and cute) packaging! And, finally, I tasted them and they took me back in time to when I was a farmgirl - they are THAT good! Thank you so much. I wll order again!”
Ivy, Ojai, Ca January 5, 2013
“Just got home from an evening out and my parcel of nuts were waiting on my porch. Even though I was full from Dinner I opened the parcel and had one nut from each bag. Right away I could tell these were good nuts- delicious and fresh. Thank you so much. Ivy ”
Steve, Lake Elsinore, Ca December 17, 2012
“This company ships so fast you won't believe it.Their customer service is the best and the people are so friendly. I will be a steady customer forever...”
Ky, Whiting, Nj December 11, 2012
“Good service. Nuts are delicious and delivery box with plenty funny comments.
Considered buying more nuts..”
Kris, ambler, pa November 28, 2012
“Thanks so much. Very fast delivery. Packaged incredibly well. I buy nuts in shell for my rescued Macaw parrots. Your company provides fresh nuts that are clean and packaged well. I highly recommend Nuts on line!”
David, Wyoming, Michigan November 21, 2012
“Just received first order of walnuts and hazelnuts. Wonderful stuff. Very fast delivery. Great resealable packaging. And the complimentary sample of coffee was a geat touch. I normally grind my coffee from whole bean but this ground coffee sample was very good.Till next time,
Thank you for excellent service and quality and great prices.”
MARDEST, TOLEDO, Ohio November 15, 2012
“LOVE THE NUTS. I STARTED EATING THEM RIGHT AFTER THEY ARRIVED. THEY ARE DELICIOUS. YOU ARE MY SOURCE FOR NUTS. I ORDERED THE PECANS AND THE WALNUTS IN THE SHELL.. ”
Showing 61-70 of 190
Nancy P., Columbus, OH March 4, 2014
“My husband loves his 5 lb bag of walnuts! Very fresh and delicious...he cannot stop eating them! Plus they came a day earlier than expected!
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|