Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Enrique, Homestead, Florida October 3, 2013
“I'm grateful that I was able to convert my wife into a very "Nutty Lady" you would not believe me if I told you that, in 30 days 5Lbs of walnuts is almost finished, and now I'm ready for another order.
Amy, New Philadelphia, Ohio September 14, 2013
“Thank you for your speedy service! I like the packaging. It is very humorous and fun! And the walnuts are delicious! Thanks, Amy”
Linda, Kamuela, Hawaii August 23, 2013
“Another successful order. Our Parrots are jumping and squawking with joy. Mahalo for the little treat for me too.
Your are truly nuts!”
Michele, Massena, NY August 21, 2013
“I order nuts in the shell for my 21 exotic parrots. I ordered from a different site for years until someone I met online recommended you! I must say that your prices, service and goods are superb. Delivery time is swift and the nuts are well packed (love the boxes)! Thanks so very much for keeping my birds happy and healthy. By the way, we sneak a few of the nuts to eat ourselves when they aren't looking! ( * v * ) ”
PJ, N . Tonawanda, NY July 19, 2013
“Received Walnuts in shell today 10 lbs, they
Are the best I have ever had , we share with our
Unbrella Cockatoo or he shares with us :) Thank you for the super fast delivery .
PJ , Jim & JJ”
Pat, Smyrna, TN July 19, 2013
“I have NEVER received a shipment so quick! You guys are awesome! I ordered Brazil Nuts in the shell, Almonds in the shell and Walnuts in the shell. My Macaws are so happy! They would not touch the grocery store nuts & believe me they know the difference! I can not thank you enough for the most fresh, natural nuts on the market!”
Edward, Lehigh Acres, Florida July 18, 2013
“Got my 5lb bag of English Walnuts today, My Bolivian Blue and Gold saw the bag and became ecstatic...the shelled nuts are his favorite treat, and, it keeps his beak worn down enough that we do not have to clip him!! Yeah, we like to shell a nut or two ourselves!!! Thanks for the added bonus...a bag of Salted Cashews..just for US!!!”
susan, homestead, fl July 7, 2013
“just received the walnuts, they were so fresh tasting and fast shipping. thanks so much, will order more items from your website. again thanks”
Irene, Hollow Rock, TN July 6, 2013
“Wow, fast delivery, and everything looks good! I tried the walnuts, because it has been a long time since I had any. Delicious! ”
Tricia, San Diego, CA July 5, 2013
“My mother really wanted fresh walnuts and couldn't find them in any stores. I ordered them from Nuts.com and they arrived quickly and were delicious and fresh! Thank you for helping me make my mom's day!”
Showing 51-60 of 223
John, Hanover Park, IL September 27, 2014
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|