Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Julie, Kingman, AZ April 3, 2013
“My birds went CRAZY when they saw the NUTS.com box arrive today... :D Thanks!!”
Leonette, Anniston, Alabama March 28, 2013
“Great service! Yahoo! Yipee! My nuts arrived!! You are truly nuts!! Loved the box, loved the yellow bags!!! My 5 macaws, 2 cockatoos and African Grey are anxiously awaiting their Sunday treat.
I normally buy walnuts from Thanksgiving thru Christmas, and try to make them last. Don't have to worry now...I found you !!
Thanks you nutsy guys. Will order again, when these run out.”
Jenneth, Chattanooga, TN March 28, 2013
“Thrilled to get these nuts! They taste absolutely great. When I crack these nuts at night it keeps me from opening a piece of chocolate candy, and gives me more nutrition value. So glad to get the great service from Nuts.com. Won't hesitate to order again!”
Shirley, Centreville, VA March 28, 2013
“Received my first order from you yesterday which was really very fast shipping! I love your packaging. It makes one smile before one even gets to the products. The English walnuts in the shell are great, the prunes are sweet and taste wonderful and the chocolate drops are just what I have been looking for for several years. They are just like the ones I remember as a kid. Thanks, too for the gift of dried apricots. These are good also. So glad I found your website.”
Greg, Toledo, Ohio March 22, 2013
“I ran out of whole walnuts for my macaw one night and placed a first time order and couldn't believe how fast I received it. I want to thank you and so does "Cisco" my macaw!!”
Bonnie March 21, 2013
“I just love you guys! Service is great! Sometimes I run out of our Greenwing's FAVORITE nuts and I know that when I order it will be here the very next day - can't tell a big red baby bird that he has no walnuts! BTW: Love the fun and funny boxes and receipts too.”
Andy, Vermont March 20, 2013
“I ordered a few bags of almonds, walnuts and mixed nuts in the shell. They were all very fresh and very delicious. My family ate them so quickly I had to place a much bigger order just a week later. Great company, lightning fast shipping, great products! And I love the little gift bag of nuts--pumpkin seeds with the first order and cashews with the second. Delicious!”
Luther Brackeen, Fulton, MS March 20, 2013
“Great & fresh as can be. Right on target. We couldn't find any locally, or remotely. You came to our rescue. Good luck; you deserve it.”
Wendy, Williston, fl March 16, 2013
“It was a real pleasure dealing with your company. I look forward to many years of doing business with your company... By the way you made Markie smile too. Which is not easy for a bird to do. And he said Thank you..”
Terry, Morrow, Ohio March 15, 2013
“My hubby started wanting English Walnuts about the time they quit selling them in the stores in our area. I finally decided to order online and am so glad I did. Good price on the nuts and the shipping. Arrived 2 days sooner than expected, and are fresh. I'll definitely be ordering again. Thank you!”
Showing 41-50 of 191
M. Jawaid Khan, New Haven, CT March 7, 2014
“We are so pleased with the quality of your walnuts. The shells are clean and the nuts are fresh tasting and delicious. We definitely will tell others about your company without reservation. In fact, we have enough walnuts to give out samples. Also, it is essential to mention the highly hilarious "nut box" in which the walnuts were delivered. The box itself is a keeper. Thank you for the wonderful surprise of a great quality product. We will be ordering more products from you in the near future.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|