Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Norm, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan March 1, 2014
“The walnuts are great and I love the
Jerri, Winneconne, Wi February 27, 2014
“OMG! Love the nuts! Very good taste. Awesome service. Thank you. I am going to become a regular delivery. This was the first time. Love. Love. Love!!”
Esther, Owosso, MI February 22, 2014
“The walnuts are beautiful on the outside & tasty on the inside! I love sitting & cracking them... like when I was a kid. (I'm 70!) I adore your company's humor & lightheartedness too. Quite refreshing!”
Fannie, Gatesville, NC February 18, 2014
“I received my order of walnuts today. I was very pleased with the quality and the delicious taste.”
Lela D. Rosentrater, Ritzville, Wa February 15, 2014
“Another prompt delivery of our 25lbs of Walnuts!! My 86yr old mother is very happy to have more nuts to crack and give to friends and family. She loves the packaging and has to show it off to everyone. (She still thinks I did the decoration, even tho we told her I didn't) I'm glad she thinks I'm so clever. :-)
Clarence, Frisco, Co January 20, 2014
“I couldn't find walnuts in the shell in my local grocery store this year so I looked on line and found nuts.com. The grocery store did me a favor. From now on I'm only buying from nuts.com.”
Beverly, Holden Beach, NC January 17, 2014
“Love them. Most of the way through one bag already. We will definitely be ordering more.”
William, Memphis, TN January 9, 2014
“My English walnuts are very fresh and tasty.
They arrived on schedule despite heavy storms.”
Maria, TN January 5, 2014
“I ordered 5 lbs of in-shell walnuts, which arrived in record time. The nuts are excellent -- large and fresh -- and they are nicely packaged in a resealable bag. I'm completely pleased with my order and I'm sure I'll be ordering from Nuts.com again.”
Robert, Garland, Texas December 18, 2013
“Once again Nuts.com comes through with flying colours!
My birds prefer your walnuts to the ones I got at the feed store as yours are always "of course" human grade and FRESH!!
Thank you for the lunch bag, it's awesome! I started using it the very next day.
As always, I'll be back for more & more & more...”
Showing 31-40 of 220
dennis, Franklin, NC September 20, 2014
“Fast delivery-came day earlier than predicted--thanks for excellent service”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|