Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Carolyn, Madison Heights, MI June 4, 2014
“Nothing, anywhere in the world, can top these walnuts; they are so perfect. The flavor is unbeatable. On salad, on hot cereal, in baked goods, and just plain fresh out of the shells, they are perfect!”
Jay, Wantagh, NY May 29, 2014
valerie, Sandia Park, NM May 23, 2014
“Thank you from all 7 of my 'too's. They love your nuts and I will be ordering again from you in a couple of weeks”
Betty, Shallotte, NC May 23, 2014
“My parrots crave these”
Caleb, Union, NJ May 17, 2014
“The shipping was lickety quick and the food was just as good as I hoped it'd be. I did a test run with almonds, walnuts, banana chips, raw sugar and chia seeds. I was not disappointed. You'll be hearing from me again soon.”
Christina, Stoughton, MA May 15, 2014
“I loved how they came the next day and prices where very resonable.”
Michele, Massena, NY May 14, 2014
“I order these as well as the almonds in shell in bulk and just love the quick ship and great quality! Can't beat the price either.”
Skeeter Blanton, Valdosta, Ga. April 19, 2014
“Received my English walnuts in 3 days and they are fresh and delicious.....In fact they are better than I expected.....I will certainly recommend you to all my nutty friends......I will reorder soon!!......Best wishes........”
carrie, Two rivers, WI March 29, 2014
“I had no idea I could have fresh nuts year round. No more only waiting until Christmas for me. First shipment was fresh and delicious I'm hooked. Another order coming soon!”
diane larson, Protem, mo March 20, 2014
“I received the walnuts today in great condition, my African Grey is very happy!!”
Showing 11-20 of 213
Karen, Ocean Springs, MS August 21, 2014
“Order them five lbs. at a time. This makes my third order since I found you. They are large and sweet and keep me from eating half a bag of shelled walnuts. I usually crack two when I need a snack and it's just enough.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|