Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Laureen , Sugar Land, Texas May 3, 2011
“I received my order for Walnuts and was very pleased by the freshness and equal size of the whole bag of nuts. I will order again from you.
Jean, Cincinnati, Ohio May 2, 2011
“As always, fast delivery! Thanks so much for the 'lil something - it really made my day!”
William H Middleton Jr, Clifton, NJ April 22, 2011
“WOW!! I happened to be standing in my living room when I saw UPS arrive with my order. Now look, I just placed the order yesterday, the 21 and the View Order page indicated the scheduled delivery date of Monday, the 25. So imagine my shock when I was handed my order. You guys are terrific. You can be sure I will return. Thank-you Very Much. ”
Joel, Boynton Beach, Florida April 22, 2011
“Best Quality English Walnuts I've ever got...yogurt snaps and pretzels were "yummy" as stated and in great shape, even after the Florida heat, thanks to the heat resistant packaging. Thank you, now I don't have to wait until November for walnuts!!”
Mary, League City, TX April 15, 2011
“Hot dang! Those spicy cajun peanuts got me really fired up, and they're going fast. I ordered only 1 lb., because I didn't know whether I'd like them. Don't sell out! Of course, the dark chocolate-covered blueberries are heaven sent, and the walnuts are fresh and delicious. Thanks also for the yummy "Easter" pretzels. Peter Rabbit would be jealous. Great products and great shipping. I'll be back! ”
Carmen, miami, fla April 11, 2011
“i want to say thanks a million. your company is the best. i would have gotten my goodies two days before due but i wasn't home, but i must say everything is of the utmost quality. i am as you must know a customer for life and i will be passing info on to everyone i know. keep up the great service and quality guys.
James, Albuquerque, NM March 21, 2011
“ Dear Cousins, after the hint from your e-mail regarding "smashing expectations,"
I used sufficient force to crack a few of the sample walnuts,
and found the samples to be deliciously generous to my pallet.
May the wind always come from your rear, James”
Terrill, Greensburg, Pa March 10, 2011
“Those walnuts are fresh. Wow!”
Shelly, Richland, Wa March 8, 2011
“I just ordered walnuts in the shell and wow are they fresh!!! Love them!! Great service, fast delivery at a great price.
Jamie, Canton, Ohio March 6, 2011
“Just recieved my order and am I impressed. I love that all the packages are in resealable pouches! I have ordered in shell nuts for my macaw from other places, but this is by far the best that I have recieved! It was delivered within days, not a week plus! I was surprised by the quality and my birdy loves them! Thanks for having a place that offers quality nuts and such for birdy moms like me!”
Showing 131-140 of 194
carrie, Two rivers, WI March 29, 2014
“I had no idea I could have fresh nuts year round. No more only waiting until Christmas for me. First shipment was fresh and delicious I'm hooked. Another order coming soon!”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|