Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jane, ID June 11, 2011
“We have to thank you for having walnuts still in the shell. We have gotten them for the past few years - because - we have tree squirrels that love the walnuts in the shell! ! We have a neighbor with English Walnuts that we can pick up in the fall, but when we run out - you have saved us! So thank you - the Toupin's”
Mickey, Las Cruces, NM May 21, 2011
“Wonderful nuts! The best; also share with our pet bird - Cockatoo, "Tooie" who is most particular”
Ray Gabbert May 20, 2011
“We received our order of walnuts today.
This is the second order we have received and your walnuts are great.”
Linda, Mount Vernon, Ohio May 19, 2011
“Thankyou very much, every thing arrived and Paco is thoroughly delighted.(thats my blue hyacinth macaw,) and we want to keep our feathered friends Happy!”
Richard McNeil, Boonsboro, Md. May 14, 2011
“I didn't realize fresh nuts tasted that much better than grocery store nuts!
Order arrived promptly as promised.My daughter was right:you folks are the best merchant to deal with for fresh nuts.”
Nelson Coffey, Strunk, Ky May 4, 2011
“Received my order of english walnuts today from Nuts Online and couldn't be more pleased with my purchase.
Great quality walnuts. Very tasty. And I'm amazed how quickly they made it to my door!
Thanks Nuts Online... you guys are the best!”
Laureen , Sugar Land, Texas May 3, 2011
“I received my order for Walnuts and was very pleased by the freshness and equal size of the whole bag of nuts. I will order again from you.
Jean, Cincinnati, Ohio May 2, 2011
“As always, fast delivery! Thanks so much for the 'lil something - it really made my day!”
William H Middleton Jr, Clifton, NJ April 22, 2011
“WOW!! I happened to be standing in my living room when I saw UPS arrive with my order. Now look, I just placed the order yesterday, the 21 and the View Order page indicated the scheduled delivery date of Monday, the 25. So imagine my shock when I was handed my order. You guys are terrific. You can be sure I will return. Thank-you Very Much. ”
Joel, Boynton Beach, Florida April 22, 2011
“Best Quality English Walnuts I've ever got...yogurt snaps and pretzels were "yummy" as stated and in great shape, even after the Florida heat, thanks to the heat resistant packaging. Thank you, now I don't have to wait until November for walnuts!!”
Showing 131-140 of 200
Tammy, NEWAYGO, Michigan August 9, 2014
“Awesome!!!! My Macaw is very happy with his 25lbs. of Walnuts that he received. We got a good laugh out of the box and e-mail that told me I had a package at the door. Nice to see someone that has a sense of humor and obviously loves their job! Thanks! : )”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|