Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Diana, Middleport, Ohio March 19, 2009
“Excellent service...shipment arrived 2 days after ordering. Well packaged! Glad to know about your company since finding walnuts in the shell after the holidays, especially in our small town is impossible. ”
Mattie, Augusta, GA February 16, 2009
“Yes, I received my walnuts in the shell and have been enjoying them already. They are delicious! I'm sure that you will be hearing from me again as soon as these are gone. Now I know where I can find these walnuts since no stores in my area sell them after the Christmas holidays. I can now eat them all through the year. I would recommend your business to anyone.
Ms. Mattie Flipping ”
Nicki, Baltimore, Maryland February 8, 2009
“All I can say is wow. I bought some walnuts as a gift. My boyfriend has been looking for walnuts in the shell for a while and couldn't find them. Not only were they fairly priced but I received my order in 2 days!! I would recommend this site to everyone. Thank you guys!!! You have a new loyal customer in me. :-)”
Tim, Toledo, IL January 29, 2009
“The walnuts werte delivered in a very short time and are very good. We are happy with the purchase.”
Lynne, Enosburg Falls, VT January 6, 2009
“Having received the English walnuts in the shell today enough good things can't be said about the size and condition of the nuts. The taste is exceptional too.
The service is absolutely exemplary. The next order will be for a new nutcracker! The nuts have become the latest "treat" in our house.”
elizabeth, monticello, Fl September 3, 2008
“My Malucan Cockatoo Noah and my Umbrella
Cockatoo Lola were anxiously awaiting the arrival of their nuts and they arrive yesterday as promised! Walnuts and Almonds are the favorites and are
extremely hard to find, other than around the holidays so I was extremely
happy to find that nuts-online had them
in bulk and in the shells. Noah and Lola are enjoying them as I write this,
and made me promise to put in another order! Thanks Nuts Online!
Mary, Mantorville, MN September 2, 2008
“I placed an order for walnuts in the shell, since I couldn't find any locally. I'm going to use the shells for daycare projects, of all things! Anyway, I ordered some pistachios while at it, and they are GREAT! Thanks, nuts online!”
Shelley, Green Mountain, NC August 27, 2008
“We just received our shipment of nuts today and we couldn't be more pleased. The English Walnuts were by far the freshest I have ever tasted. Same goes for the sunflower seeds and almonds. Thanks Nuts Online - will definitely be ordering from you in the future! ”
Fred, Buffalo, NY August 27, 2008
“Excellent walnuts in the shell (for the best taste)! Your delivery service through UPS is superb. You will definitely continue to receive orders from me! ”
Charles E. King, Covington, LA July 28, 2008
“I love your walnuts but my sulphur-crested cockatoo is your biggest fan!”
Showing 131-140 of 156
Shelly, Richland, Wa March 8, 2011
“I just ordered walnuts in the shell and wow are they fresh!!! Love them!! Great service, fast delivery at a great price. Thanks Shelly”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|