Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jane, Draper, UT August 22, 2012
“Hello all you nuts at nuts.com!! What a great find when I stumbled upon your website looking for some walnuts in the shell for a thank you gift. My sister received her walnuts today (exactly on time) and she could not have been happier! She said they were gorgeous and very delicious. Thank you so much for your professionalism and wonderful customer service. You will be hearing from me many times in the future. Since nuts are healthy, you are my new "go to" company for gifts and for me! Goodbye Godiva.com!! ”
Lu, Jacksonville, Florida August 2, 2012
“My order arrived...and I loved the box...so did the UPS man. The walnuts I ordered for my 9 parrots...this is their treat before bed time...the walnuts are huge...they will get half each compared to the whole ones they receive now..the remainder of nuts are for my husband and I know he will enjoy them...they look beautiful...I am pleased to have found your company and will do all my future business with you.......From Nutty Lu”
wendy petransky July 19, 2012
“It is wonderful to be able to order for myself and my parrots year round. The size and quality is always amazing. Thanks for your commitment to your products.”
Maureen, Pompano Beach, Florida July 6, 2012
“The nuts arrived after dinner and I had a scarlett, a blue and gold and a ducorp cockatoo all clammering for walnuts, (myself included). They have not had any in some time so this was a great treat and I alone enjoyed the delicious licorice. Thank you.
You certainly have a following in us.
I am so impressed by the way you operate your business. The family should offer seminars on how to run a successful customer attentive business. Your years in business attest to that. Thank you for giving me faith in America again.”
Yvonne, Miami, FL June 28, 2012
“Just got my nuts, just like promised, walnuts are the best I have had in along time. Love the samples, will definitly place more order. Thank you Nuts.com
Janet, Kingwood, Tx June 10, 2012
“We have loved you for years for gifts and snacks, but our parrots tell us you are their very favorite place we shop. ”
joe June 8, 2012
“thanks guys! My two McCaws love walnuts in the shell and they are pretty hard to find at this time of year. Thanks again!”
Michael, Renton, Wa June 5, 2012
“I love your whole attitude and spirit! Thanks! I love walnuts in the shell and these are awesome! is there a way to set up and automatic monthly shipment? Will be a long relationship I think!
kelly June 1, 2012
“We are on our 2nd #25 bag of your walnuts in the shell. A delicious healthy snack before dinner! we are hooked on them.”
Larry, Lewes, De April 12, 2012
“Super fast shipping. Placed my order about 6:30 last night and received them today. And they are the best walnuts.”
Showing 121-130 of 230
Karen, Newton, IA October 16, 2014
“Quick and perfect like always! Thank you!”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|