Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
hong, bergen county, NJ February 15, 2012
“The walnuts are arrived on time and are very fresh. Very satified with nuts.com and will try other nuts later for sure. Thanks.”
BETT, Glorieta, NM February 2, 2012
“Nice, fresh in-shell walnuts, quickly delivered, and a delicious surprise just to sweeten the box! Thanks.”
David, San Clemente, California January 28, 2012
“Just received my first order from nuts.com. A 25 lb bag of english walnuts. There are grocery store walnuts and then there are nuts.com walnuts. We will never buy a grocery store walnut again. These nuts are fantastic. We are into healthy eating and the walnuts provide important omega 3 fatty acids. Whatever that is. Hence the large order of nuts. One word of caution to new customers. You will have to put up with all these nutty owners.
These comments provided cheerfully by a new nutty customer.......David”
Sherman R. Springfield January 28, 2012
“I don't usually put feedback on things but I felt this was important. We have been eating Walnuts in the shell from the local supermarkets as an evening snack. Recently they have been out of them so I figured to try nuts.com since I already buy items from them. We simply cannot believe the difference!! The one's at the supermarket are musty, dark and half moldy. These ones from nuts.com are so clean and beautiful and taste just fabulous! We are so glad we decided to order from nuts.com. It's like the difference in night and day. Thanks!!”
Melissa, Spring Lake, NJ January 16, 2012
“We just love your English walnuts in the shell. Everyone who comes over to our home heads for the bowl of nuts I leave on the kitchen counter and oohs and aahs over the tasty contents. Your customer service is fantastic too! Thank you!!!”
Joseph, New York, NY January 16, 2012
“I have to admit...I was a little worried about ordering my walnuts and organic chocolate almonds on line. It was to my great surprise that my order was perfect!! They were delicious!! I will now I only order through nuts.com”
Lisa, Burlington, NC December 17, 2011
“I am without a doubt a very happy customer. I ordered on Dec 14th and received my products on Dec 16th. They were everything you said they would be and more. Very fresh, well packaged, all around the best in customer service I have seen in a long while. You can count on me being a repeat and loyal customer in the future!
Lou, Lancaster, PA December 13, 2011
“Wow - 50 pounds of walnuts at my door the day after ordering. Is this nuts or what !!”
Cassandra, Darien, CT November 4, 2011
“I'm delighted! I ordered 3 pounds each of your in-the-shell english walnuts, paper-shelled pecans, and almonds. They're wonderful! The order arrived exactly on schedule and I was delighted to see that the they came in sturdy, resealable bags. The walnuts and pecans are ESPECIALLY delicious, but my favorite part is the delicious free sample of crystalized ginger- which is also gluten-free! I just started my gluten-free diet and it was the first time I'd eaten candy in weeks. I'm so happy!
The customer service is of the very highest quality and your lighthearted sense of humor, attention to detail, and gratitude toward your customers put a smile on my face through the whole process ( and I am rather picky. I always like the very best!). I will absolutely be ordering from Nuts Online again <3”
Diana, Rockport, Texas October 27, 2011
“I buy nuts from Nuts Online for my own birds, my Macaw will not go to bed at night without a handful of Walnuts, and the almonds are for all the other birds, plus I have a special place in my backyard in a tree where I feed the squirrels. The little squirrels love the almonds and I love watching them.
The nuts are always fresh and they are shipped so fast I don't even know if they get their money before I get the nuts!!!
Thanks so much from me and my parrots and squirrels.”
Showing 121-130 of 213
Karen, Ocean Springs, MS August 21, 2014
“Order them five lbs. at a time. This makes my third order since I found you. They are large and sweet and keep me from eating half a bag of shelled walnuts. I usually crack two when I need a snack and it's just enough.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|