Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
LINDA, amarillo, Texas January 21, 2011
“ We were in a panic. Walnuts is the only
Nut Bob can eat. Couldn't find them anywhere, till we found you, THANKS”
Gail, Tampa, Florida January 18, 2011
“Awesome walnuts--such a fresh buttery flavor! We are really enjoying them!”
Dale Frederick Newell, Danville, IL December 29, 2010
“I like your style and the walnuts are great! Dale”
Linda, Ansbach, Germany December 21, 2010
“The walnuts we received for ourselves and relatives were great, and we felt great sending the nuts assortment to other relatives in the US. Very good packaging. We'll be ordering all our nuts from here! And we'll try some of your other products. Great service, too! ”
Linda, Ripley, MS December 21, 2010
“Product arrived in time and in great condition. The Walnuts are fantastic. Best tasting I ever had. Quality--OUTSTANDING. Will definitely order again as well as try other products. Thank you so much.”
Evelyn December 20, 2010
“I could not be happier with your product and fast shipping, not to mention the friendliness encountered in shopping with you---------amazing that you have achieved that online!! Good job, and God bless you everyone. And Merry Christmas, remembering Jesus is the reason we celebrate.”
Frankie, Springfield, Tennessee December 9, 2010
“You have helped fulfill another Christmas tradition. English Walnuts have always been a part of my Christmas. I'm one of ten children and one thing I remember is Santa always brought us English Walnuts, and that was the only time of the year we got them. So, this has remained a part of my family tradition and I thank you for delivering so fast with a great product. Merry Christmas to all of you.”
Kevin, CT November 16, 2010
“We want to thank you for your excellent service and quality products! The nuts have always been delivered on time and are of the best quality! The ultimate taste tester is our blue and gold macaw. She is quite selective with her choice of pecans and walnuts, and she hasn't rejected one yet! ”
Scott, Williston, ND November 5, 2010
“I bought a selection of nuts, walnuts,almonds,Hazelnuts and peanuts in the shell. Parcel arrived well pack and right on time. The packaging on the 1 pound packs is very nice with handsome resealable bags. very attractive indeed. The nuts were all off the highest quality and the freshest I have ever purchased anywhere. I will be buying from them again for sure. I will recomend to all friends & family.”
Eddy, Sandy Ridge, NC October 27, 2010
“Thanks guys, all looks well and good. The goods came quite fast via Brown. We'll be in touch. Take care. ”
Showing 111-120 of 156
Shelly, Richland, Wa March 8, 2011
“I just ordered walnuts in the shell and wow are they fresh!!! Love them!! Great service, fast delivery at a great price. Thanks Shelly”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|