Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Michael, Renton, Wa June 5, 2012
“I love your whole attitude and spirit! Thanks! I love walnuts in the shell and these are awesome! is there a way to set up and automatic monthly shipment? Will be a long relationship I think!
kelly June 1, 2012
“We are on our 2nd #25 bag of your walnuts in the shell. A delicious healthy snack before dinner! we are hooked on them.”
Larry, Lewes, De April 12, 2012
“Super fast shipping. Placed my order about 6:30 last night and received them today. And they are the best walnuts.”
Jennifer, southeast, Kansas March 18, 2012
“I received my first order (ordered on Thursday and received Fedx ground on Saturday) Walnuts, Almonds and Hazelnuts in the shell for my birds. They are wonderful clean, beautiful and the birds love them. THANK YOU. The birds really thank you!”
Sam, Winnipeg, Manitoba March 16, 2012
“Hi! to Nuts online family,
I am in Winnipeg, Mb. Canada, I received my shipment of wallnuts today. They came in record time. The nuts were in great shape, very fresh and tasty. Only one mistake I should have ordered "MORE."
Jeff, western MA March 1, 2012
“I'm totally in love with the english walnut, hazelnuts, etc. - far and away the best I've had, Local food chains product doesn't even come close! Keep up the great work!! ”
Esther, PLAINFIELD, INDIANA February 22, 2012
“I just received the English Walnuts (In Shell). The walnuts are so fresh and so good. I used to buy the walnuts at the grocery store and they are not as good as these walnuts. I'm glad I chose to buy through Nuts.com. I perfectly recommend these nuts. ”
Art, Aurora, MO February 18, 2012
“English walnuts. They only seem to be available in grocery stores at Christmas. We bought enough in the store to last until last week. But, we needed more. So, I found nuts.com online. We just our shipment. Wonderful, fresh, fantastic. We'll order again for sure.”
Nancy C. Fortmann, Ambler, PA February 17, 2012
“Astonishly fast delivery - even if just from Cranford, NJ. Walnuts on Walnut Lane! Sweet and creamy in flavor. Lovely.”
Keng, HOMER GLEN, IL February 16, 2012
“Fast shipping (2 days), good price and tasty walnuts”
Showing 111-120 of 213
Karen, Ocean Springs, MS August 21, 2014
“Order them five lbs. at a time. This makes my third order since I found you. They are large and sweet and keep me from eating half a bag of shelled walnuts. I usually crack two when I need a snack and it's just enough.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|