Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
C.J., Ramsey, Minnesota September 14, 2011
“I received the package of nuts this afternoon. I am thrilled to see they are wonderful!!!! The nuts are quality and the packaging professional. All of my parrots, THANK YOU!!!!”
Jim, Winter Springs, Florida September 10, 2011
“My order from NutsOnline couldn't have been smoother. A few clicks and a couple days later the nuts were on my doorstep. Fresh and delicious, I am very satisfied! Will definitely do business again the future, thanks! ”
Barbara, smithtown, ny August 2, 2011
“The nuts are fresh & delicious and the super quick delivery is awesome. Great Company to do business with!!!! :)”
Karen, Kents Store, VA July 30, 2011
“I've tried several different on-line nut providers and, wow, what a difference between Nuts Online and the others! Not a single nut is rotted, stale or cracked into a thousand pieces! Our parrots truly notice the difference and dive into the fresh nuts that you provide. Thank you for proving to me, yet again, that "you get what you pay for".”
Alex, North Port, Florida July 18, 2011
“Great product, fast shipping!
Robert July 14, 2011
“For the best nuts and the best service - you can't beat Nuts Online. How can it be any better.”
Cynthia, ny, ny June 25, 2011
“Wow, fast arrival, very fresh and tasty. Bought the nut cracker to go with it...unusual, but seems to work great.”
mark, Acton, MA June 23, 2011
“I just received my order of raw pine nuts, raw whole almonds and walnuts. Very fast delivery! I originally ordered them for my blue and gold macaw, but had to sample them myself. We both love them! When my parrot says "That's good, mmmm!" you know the nuts are good!”
Jane, ID June 11, 2011
“We have to thank you for having walnuts still in the shell. We have gotten them for the past few years - because - we have tree squirrels that love the walnuts in the shell! ! We have a neighbor with English Walnuts that we can pick up in the fall, but when we run out - you have saved us! So thank you - the Toupin's”
Mickey, Las Cruces, NM May 21, 2011
“Wonderful nuts! The best; also share with our pet bird - Cockatoo, "Tooie" who is most particular”
Showing 101-110 of 178
wally, sierra vista, az December 7, 2013
“Good job. Nuts arrived early. Kids going crazy. Told them we didn't have a nut cracker. Relented and we are enjoying Brazils and English walnuts. thx”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|