Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
In the 1930's the pistachios were first dyed red to draw attention to them as well as hide the stains from antiquated harvesting techniques. These lightly salted pistachios are an excellent tasting nut that is high in potassium.
2. You can get more dietary fiber from a serving of pistachios than a 1/2 cup of broccoli or spinach.
3. Pistachios are especially rich in phytosterols, which are directly associated with lowering cholesterol levels, and may offer protection from certain types of cancer.
4. A serving of pistachios has as much thiamin as a 1/2 cup serving of cooked rice.
5. The amount of vitamin B-6 in a one-ounce serving of pistachios is comparable to a standard three-ounce serving of pork or chicken.
6. One serving of pistachios has as much potassium as half a large banana.
7. Pistachios are a very high quality plant source of protein, providing adequate and balanced amounts of essential amino acids. In addition, pistachios are relatively high in a nonessential amino acid, arginine, which may play a potential role in prevention or reduction of cardiovascular disease.
8. While pistachios contain fat, the fat is predominantly monounsaturated, similar to that found in olive oil.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
David, Lumberton, North Carolina June 26, 2014
“I received my order in just 2 working days. The red pistachios were a gift for someone who hasn't had red ones in the shell for years. She was ecstatic, and very well pleased. I am going to try the k-cups next.”
Mark, Southbridge, Massachusetts April 30, 2014
“the nuts made someone very special, very happy”
Bob, Lancaster, PA August 22, 2013
“I must say all your products are always very fresh and of the highest standards. You go out of your way to treat your customers to a very high standard also their is so much to choose from. Good job guys.”
Lorne, Calgary, Alberta June 11, 2013
“Thank you for such quick service to Canada way faster than I thought. The nuts are excellent especially the red pistachios they take me back to when I was a kid with my father”
Barbara, Baltimore, md May 28, 2013
“I am soooo impressed!! I placed the order Thursday and received it Friday..i don't get service like that from a vendor that is located in my hometown! I will definitely recommend your site and continue to utilize it. The items were in tact, fresh and delicious. Thanks again!!”
dennis, Little River, South Carolina April 12, 2013
“Received my order today. Surprised to find a large sample enclosed. Which by the way was incredibly good. Totally fast service, great product, red pistachios, the best. Fresh and left the red staining as we all loved as kids. Will be ordering again. But this time I will be exploring all their products. One satisfied customer.”
Levia, Richmond, VA September 9, 2012
“I ordered the red pistachio nuts for my cousin in-law. We are both from New York and it is hard to find these in stores. She was delighted to get her package and can't wait to order more.”
David, West Columbia, SC August 12, 2012
“Received my 2nd order of Red Pistachios, which I love. This time you sent in a sample of the Habanero Pistachios, love them so I just ordered a 5 pound bag of them, along with some dried fruit, mangoes and peaches. Also going to try some of the Turkish Pistachios that other people been raving about on your site.”
rod July 28, 2012
“great pistachios....as always! thanks!”
rod, albertville, al May 25, 2012
“these red pistachios are the best! we simply can't get the red ones here and nuts.com does a great job at providing these treats! thanks!”
Showing 1-10 of 36
Pam, Orlando, Fla July 10, 2014
“Got my first ever order from nuts.com today. Red pistachios!!!!!
Haven't been able to find them in years. They were giant, fresh and delicious. I'm pretty sure it's pistachios for dinner tonite !!
You can bet we are going to have to order more and try their other products.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||110|
Pistachios, salt, artificial color
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 350 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|