Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Powder
Our organic cacao powder, also known as cocoa powder, is made from the finest cacao beans and has a decadent and full-bodied chocolate flavor. Enjoy unsweetened cacao powder in hot chocolate, smoothies, and brownies, or top your dessert with an elegant dusting of this fine powder. The savory chocolate taste will take you to chocolate heaven; cacao's health benefits are just the cherry on the top.
What is Cacao Powder?
Our organic cacao powder starts with high quality organic raw cacao beans that are roasted and then ground into a fine paste. The excess cacao butter is then squeezed out of the cacao bean paste and the remaining solid blocks of cacao powder are grated into a fine powder. Our natural processed cacao powder isn't treated with alkali so it has a deep, bitter flavor. It is pure unsweetened cacao powder with no sugar or preservatives. This product is heated during the manufacturing process and is not considered raw, however we have raw organic cacao powder, too!
What Experts Say about Cacao Powder
Dr. Oz from the Doctor Oz Show: "You don't always have to say no to that piece of chocolate! In fact, if you are looking to lower your blood pressure or boost your mood, a bite of dark chocolate or a sip of hot cocoa might be the perfect answer. The cocoa found in some of your favorite desserts contains many super powers that can help improve your health, inside and out."
Health Bits and Bites
1. High Concentration of Antioxidants: Organic cacao powder contains more flavonoids, a type of antioxidant, than any other food. The presence of the high amounts of antioxidants can protect normal cells against damage by free radicals. Furthermore, the phytochemicals in flavonoids may fight diabetes. Did you know that cocoa contains more antioxidants per cup than wine or tea?
Researchers at Cornell University published remarkable findings about the antioxidant concentration of cocoa in the American Chemical Society's Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. They found that a cup of cocoa contains almost twice the antioxidants present in a glass of red wine, up to three times the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea, and five times the concentration of a cup of black tea.
2. Improved Heart Health: According to researchers, regular cacao intake may reduce blood pressure by thinning blood and relaxing blood vessels. The Zutphen Elderly Study (2005) found that flavonoid intake was inversely associated with coronary heart disease, and high systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3. Mood Booster: There's scientific research that explains why we reach for chocolate when we're feeling down. Cacao stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin, the two chemicals that naturally boost our happiness levels. The presence of the lipid anandamide, also known as the 'bliss chemical,’ further contributes to a euphoric feeling, and, unlike caffeine, is not addictive.
4. Brain Food: Preliminary research from Harvard University, published in the journal Neurology, suggests cocoa may improve cognitive function and the flow of blood to the brain.
5. Magnesium and more: Cacao is one of the richest food sources of magnesium. Although magnesium gets less spotlight than calcium, a proper balance of the two minerals is essential to support healthy bones and teeth. Magnesium also plays an important role in over 300 chemical reactions in the body, protects the heart, maintains healthy blood pressure, increases energy, and controls blood sugar levels. Organic cacao powder is also a natural source of calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, and other nutrients.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Gail, Chicago, IL January 9, 2011
“Smile, Smile Smile....I am a new happy customer....Purchased Bing Cherries (Tender, Sweet, Delicious), Organic Cocoa Powder (Wonderful rich flavor, tasty richness to my coffee) , Crystallized Ginger (Truly the best snack ever, awesome freshness and flavor to savor). Speedy quick delivery. Packaged well in resealable bags. Glad to have found "NUTS ONLINE" ! ”
Stephen, Boynton Beach, Florida December 28, 2010
“Great service, good prices,and good products”
Mike, New York, NY January 14, 2010
“Delivery was the next day for ground delivery. Products were great as expected. Will order again.”
Gusteena December 9, 2009
“I appreciate the fast delivery and the great organic goodies. When I need organic powdered cocoa, I think of you. Thanks.”
Mary, PA December 2, 2009
“Thank you so much! We received our Cacao today! My husband will bake a tort from scratch and will use it in the recipe! A real cacao in a recipe!”
Alice, Paris, IL October 10, 2009
“Awesome - Products! Wonderful people to deal with. The chocolate is heavenly and makes wonderful hot chocolate. The almonds have spoiled us, they are so good. Thanks for your wonderful service and great products.”
Gail, Royal Oak, MI September 20, 2009
“I received my chia seeds, organic cacoa powder & organic maca powder in 2 days--WOW! I have been putting the cacoa powder & maca in my husband's protein shake & in his oatmeal. I've been putting the chia seeds in my greens drink, & also have mixed them in a bowl with 9 parts water to the seeds. After whisking them several times, I covered them & placed in the fridge. I have been told they can keep up to 2 weeks. This makes it easier & more palatable to add to smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. Thanks for the GREAT service & affordable prices on your products! Gail”
Cindy, Mount Shasta, CA August 8, 2009
“I received my order yesterday, and made my first maca smoothie today . . . with goji berries, cacao, and lots of other good treats. I had enough energy to get me through a 100 mile ride. . . thanks!”
Brenda, Delmar, Iowa June 28, 2009
“Hey Nutty Buddys!
I tried my cacao-lucuma and maca in my hemp shakes!As Tony the Tiger says-IT'S GREAT!!I use all 3 at once-what flavor!Thanks so much for your great products and wonderful prices and superb shipping/hospitality!!:-)”
Faith, OR March 27, 2009
“My Maca & Organic Chocolate Powder has arrived and I just can't wait to make something scrumptious with them! Thanks for you friendly service and great healthy treats! I'm really lovin' this site! ”
Showing 41-50 of 62
Susan, Waltham, MA September 29, 2014
“Amazing product! Just had a hot cup of cacao.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||40|
Organic Cacao Powder
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|