Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Powder (Raw)
Finally! An all natural completely raw, organic, non-heated cacao powder. Cold pressed from the finest nibs. Sprinkle organic raw cacao powder on oatmeal, puddings and treats, blend it with other foods for a healthy chocolate smoothie, or use it to make raw desserts and candies.
Cacao Health Benefits
1) Cacao contains more antioxidants per cup than wine or tea! The protective flavonoids in organic cacao powder can protect cells against damage by free radicals. Researchers at Cornell University found that a cup of cocoa contains nearly twice the antioxidants present in a glass of red wine, up to three times the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea, and five times the concentration in a cup of black tea. These findings are published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry.
2) Organic cacao powder is rich in flavonoids which can support heart health by reducing blood pressure and relaxing blood vessels. The Zutphen Elderly Study published in 2005 found that flavonoid intake was inversely associated with coronary heart disease, and high systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3) Cacao is a natural mood booster because it stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin in the brain. Feeling a little blue? Cacao also contains anandamide which leaves us feeling blissful and elevates our happiness levels.
4) Cacao powder is a brain food. The journal Neurology published preliminary research suggesting that cacao may improve cognitive function and the flow of blood to the brain.
5) Cacao is one of the richest food sources of magnesium, which aids over 300 chemical reactions in the body. Magnesium supports everything from cardiovascular function to bone health. A one-ounce serving of cacao powder contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for magnesium.
How is organic raw cacao powder made?
Organic raw cacao powder is created by taking the nibs and then cold-pressing the oil out. When the oil is removed from the nibs, what results is dense, nutritionally packed dry mass. This mass is then ground into fine powder. Throughout this process every precaution is taken to ensure that no heat is used and maximum potency results.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Anna, Pensacola, FL July 31, 2013
“I normally do not leave reviews, but you guys are too awesome not to! You truly epitomize what customer service is. You have great, quality products that arrive in record time, not to mention the extra goodies you share. It is great to see a company that takes pride in their work. It shows! I've ordered from you three times and will continue. The red maca powder and raw cacao powder make delicious smoothies. I am also a fan of the energy squares (haven't had a bad flavor yet). I am pleased with the pricing and quality of your almond flour as well. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to try more of your products!”
Pat, Spooner, WI July 3, 2013
“I have been buying from your company for a couple of years now. I have always been pleased with the products and overwhelmed by the speed in which you deliver orders. I tell complete strangers about your products and your website. ”
Irene April 8, 2013
“Everything I have ordered has been delivered quickly, exactly right, fresh and delicious! You have a customer for life, Nuts!!! Love you guys!”
Laura, MILFORD, MICHIGAN February 28, 2013
“I love nuts.com! I regularly order my bulk raw cocoa from them. I love their fast service and their dependability. I am glad there is a place called nuts.com!”
jenna, hanover, pa January 26, 2013
“This is the second time I have ordered from ya'll and I am just as impressed as ever! You have found a life long customer! Thanks for the fast shipping and the high quality superfoods! :)”
madimare, Torrington, CT September 4, 2012
“First order arrived and in record time. Been adding your Maca and Acai powders to my smoothies for a couple of weeks now. Also snacking on the yummy Goji berries, Cacao nibs and various nuts I ordered. The taste and quality can't be beat and what reasonable prices for such large quantities. So glad I found you Nutty people. Thanks”
Diana, Millington, TN August 16, 2012
“Absolutely love you guys AND your product! I ordered organic cocoa powder and it is amazing. I was blown away by the sample of cacao nibs you included and I kept the box the shipment came in just because it makes me smile! ”
Ashley, KC, MO August 6, 2012
“I accidentally found NUTS.com while looking for healthy & organic options for my family. I am SO thrilled that I stumbled across this site! After reading ALL of the raving reviews I decided to place an order. Just as promised, my package arrived today on time & I even got a little 'bonus' inside!!! I have a list of things I want to order from NUTS.com & I'm confident they will be just as good!
Amanda, Columbus, OH May 10, 2012
“I absolutely love this site! I ordered chia seeds, quinoa puffs, cacao powder, and red maca powder my first time and am soooo happy about everything! I've been recommending your site to everyone!! I am getting ready to place my second order and just get so excited about reading through everything you offer and love that you provide the information with your products, have amazing prices, and the quickest shipping! I am certainly going to be a life customer here! Thanks so much!!”
Gina, ridgefield, ct February 8, 2012
“Once again...WOW!!! I ordered all my favorites which includes raw cacao powder, goji berry powder, spirulina powder, and red maca powder. My new favorites are the energy squares! I ordered more of the raw cacao goji berry ones and this time tried the organic carob super green and organic chia energy squares! They are all high quality and delicious to the last bite! I'm an on the go stay at home mom and those little squares sure do come in handy for afternoon snacking! Of course I love that I ordered on Monday and received my box of goodies on Tuesday! Thanks for awesome products and fast service!”
Showing 1-10 of 47
Inge, Summerville, SC October 14, 2013
“I am very happy with my order. I love the energy squares and the organic raw cacao powder. This was my first order but it won't be the last.m”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||40|
Organic Cacao Powder
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
Country of Origin: Indonesia
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|