Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Deanna, Chicago, IL January 18, 2012
“Wow, that was fast! Everything is fresh and delicious! Organic simply strawberries are YUM indeed. Pomegranate powder with cold water made a refreshing drink, and who knew unsweetened cacao would be such a tasty and mood lifting snack! Thanks also for the little gift.”
Tammy, Stone Mountain, GA December 13, 2011
“The cacao nibs, dried fruits, and everything arrived really fast and were wonderful! Thanks a lot! :)”
Barbara, Chapel Hill, NC November 30, 2011
“You guys are the best! Shipments always arrive right on time. I've incorporated raw cacao nibs and chia seeds into my daily diet, by combining two teaspoons chia seeds with two packs of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal. I combine one cup water and 1-2 Tbs of raw cacao nibs , zap for 4 min. in microwave till at a rolling boil, then combine with instant oatmeal and chia seeds. I like it hot or cold. Thanks for the special treat in every shipment--it's great doing business with you.”
Lydia, Victorville, Ca. November 2, 2011
“Everything is wonderful as usual! Thanks for the Chia seeds. Cacao nibs are great! thanks again, ”
Beth, Lincoln, CA October 27, 2011
“I am so happy with the raw cacao nibs. So many others were bitter or fermented, but Nuts Online's are fresh and pure tasting! I also love the mochi rice cakes. They are fresh and soft. Thanks so much!”
Jesse, Redding, California October 12, 2011
“I LOVE your organic products, everything is far more fresh then you would find in a grocery store. You also have the best prices around and great turn around time. Thanks! ”
Stan, Marina del Rey, CA October 11, 2011
“Thank you for your excellent quality and good cheer.”
Robin, Seward, AK October 8, 2011
“This was my first order with NUTSONLINE. The coconut dates, YUM! Pistachios, TERRIFIC! Cacao nibs, SUPERB! Everything arrived nice and tastes GREAT! (Did not get free samples? Maybe next time)
Blessings and shalom to my new nutsonline family!!”
April, Uniontown, PA October 8, 2011
“Great service! Great products! Such an assortment of healthy, natural foods that you can find nowhere else! I can eat fast food that tastes good and is good for me! Thank you and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!”
Carlos, portland, me September 30, 2011
“I've never ordered something online and had it come so quick! Thank you for being so prompt! Also your products are awesome! I will definitely be ordering from you guys again. I love the positive energy too.”
Showing 81-90 of 160
carlos, Sonoma, Ca. June 25, 2014
“Great service. We just received our order. Looking forward to our new experience with Nuts.com.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|