Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Pamela, Florida, FL June 12, 2014
“Everything arrived here today intact, so far I have tried the organic Goji berries, and Organic Cacao Nibs , the Organic energy bites all of the various ones I ordered ( I ordered 4 different ones ) they are fantastic, I made a batch of the Organic Red Quinoa for dinner it was wonderful, Had some of the Organic pumpkin seeds and Organic Hemp seeds in an afternoon smoothie it is all wonderful! Thank you! I have lots more too try , and I am sure it will be wonderful too.”
marijana, manchester, nh April 22, 2014
“This is heavenly goodness in each bite as always and i know that i couldn't be disappointed. Thank you for the free bag of yogurt pretzels they are so delicious . I tried cocoa nibs and I never tasted anything like that before at the beginning they are kinda cool and after kinda warm... love them .And lollipops ,energy squares and fruit slices yummy ........Thank you for everything i'll be back soon :)”
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas April 16, 2014
“I have been very happy with every order I have placed with nuts.com. I just ordered the whole wheat fig bars for the first time and I was very surprised how awesome they tasted. Way better than anything at the grocery store! I also buy my cacao nibs and chia seeds here. Oh, don't forget the dried strawberries! Tastes like candy!!!!”
Carl, Budd Lake, NJ April 3, 2014
“Just received the Cacao Nibs...my wife and I love them....glad we found this site, so many other great items to try....Thanks”
Matilda, Hawthorne, NY April 1, 2014
“I just love the natural cocoa, a pleasantly pleasing taste I wasn't expecting. So nice to know what the raw cocoa tastes like. Thanks!!!!”
Wendy, Central Point, OR March 28, 2014
“Thank you so much for the Happy Box full of goodies I received today! I LOVE your products--your Brazil nuts are awesome, as well as Goji berries, hemp seeds, chia seeds, chlorella, cacao nibs, etc.! I'm having so much fun perusing your website and finding so many new things to try. I love your informative nutrition descriptions of each product as well. Keep up the great work! And thank you so much for the chia seeds!”
Erin, Houston, TX March 27, 2014
“The cocoa nibs are so delicious, it's hard not to eat them before I get the chance to bake with them. I can't wait to add the carob powder and goji berries to my smoothies tomorrow!”
Mister, Sydney, NS March 4, 2014
“Recipe suggestion for Cacao nibs: Sprinkle on Balkan yogurt. Sweeten with honey or maple syrup. Option: a spoonful of almond or cashew butter mixed in. Damn good.”
Mark, Carson, California January 13, 2014
“Nuts.com is the only place that I can reliably get cocoa nuts for my Triple Chocolate Espresso Walnut Cookies!
Ordering is easy and delivery is fast!
toni, New York, New York January 11, 2014
“I received my order the next day . Almost completely
ate the entire 1lb bag of cashews. I made the frozen
banana shake with cacao nibs and almond milk. It was
heavenly. Can't wait to try more products!”
Showing 1-10 of 160
carlos, Sonoma, Ca. June 25, 2014
“Great service. We just received our order. Looking forward to our new experience with Nuts.com.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|