Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Stephanie, Gig harbor, Wa June 8, 2013
“Thank you for the superior customer service and quality products! Love the Goji berries and my cocoa nibs. I'm "nuts" about you guys.”
Kelly, Gainesville, FL June 7, 2013
“My very first Nuts.com shipment just arrived!! I ordered a bunch of stuff (since they had so many gluten free options to chose from) but decided the first smoothie that I would make was with the Organic Cacao Nibs, Organic Red Maca Powder, Goji berry Powder, Ginko powder, a banana and half a can of light coconut milk and some ice. Oh my goodness!! Sooo yummy, with a great sense of wellness and energy :) These Cacao nibs are great just to eat by themselves (I love raw coffee beans but these are BETTER!). The shipment came so fast and in the cutest box, it was like Christmas in June :) I will be ordering again and can't wait to try everything else I ordered!!”
Allen Burns, Centreville, MD June 4, 2013
“I really like the chicory. I make it in a French press with some of your Goji berries and some of your Cacao NIBS. I sometimes a little organic spun honey to lightly sweeten. It is a fantastic alternative to strong coffee.”
Gwenevere, Black Mountain, NC May 24, 2013
“Awesome- I got my nibs and barberries very quickly and they are delicious. I also got a nifty little snack :) Thanks for Everything! ”
Chris, Houston, Alaska May 8, 2013
“I am so happy to have received my first order last week. I used ground shipping and it still arrived on time in Alaska! The tin of brownies that I gave as a gift were a hit; I had one and loved it.
I'm a huge fan of the roasted edamame and quinoa puffs. The cacao nibs and goji energy bars are enjoyable too! I look forward to enjoying more orders in the future. Thank you for providing nutritional information on your products and for your quick response to my email.”
Cheryl, brooklyn, ny May 4, 2013
“Wait A minute :-) got these as a yummy free sample along with my order today ... and Oh my.. oh My... yummy... I will be ordering this next order..... I've been rocking with you guys 3 + years... love you :)
Shari, Peoria, Arizona April 29, 2013
“You guys are awesome! This was my first order and I am so impressed with the products I ordered, as well as the great prices. Please don't ever go out of business!”
Deborah, Alpena, Arkansas April 3, 2013
“I'm impressed by the quality of the food. The organic navy beans look uniformly good quality and cooked up tasty. The organic cocoa nibs have only a hint of bitterness, and I actually enjoy them more than sweetened chocolate! The moringa powder has a nice, sweet taste. The turmeric powder and baking soda was as expected and a good price. Thank you!”
Rob, Provincetown, MA March 5, 2013
“Another Great Job!!! Thanks for the order. Packed with love. I am very satisfied. Again!”
Sherice, Brooklyn, NY March 2, 2013
“Awsome service, great products. I ordered Goji berries, maca powder and cacao nibs yesterday and received them today! Everything was packaged nice, they even have me a sample of dried cranberries which tasted delicious. This was my first time ordering and it won't be the last. Thanks Nuts.com”
Showing 41-50 of 178
Rosemarie, Atlanta, GA August 30, 2014
“Just one word YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|