Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Carolyn, Salem, MA January 3, 2013
“Excellent products, service, and delivery!!! I received my package within a couple of days. Cacao nibs, maca, and goji berries are delicious and excellent quality for the price. Can't beat Nuts.com”
Kirsten January 2, 2013
“OMG!!! I can't believe how quickly I received my order. can wait to get started...”
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas December 27, 2012
“Love the strawberries! Can't find any like these anywhere else. I also buy the cacao nibs to use in smoothies and yogurt. My orders always ship promptly and they have excellent customer service.”
Tory, Garden City, New York December 20, 2012
“This is my first order with Nuts.com after learning about it from a friend (she absolutely raved about it) and I couldn't be happier. The order shipped immediately and I received it in two days exactly. My dates, Cacao Nibs and Almond Butter are delicious and the extra added treat of the Goji Berries was a wonderful surprise. I am absolutely Nuts! about Nuts.com and will definitely be placing more orders in the future!”
Janie, Oxford, Michigan December 15, 2012
“Brilliant...!!!!! My order arrived already. I wish other companies would take your cue on going "above and beyond" in customer service and satisfaction.... Thank-you SO much.
Jillian, Southington, CT December 5, 2012
“Wow just got all my goodies tonight, which, by the way, was the time that they only would have been shipped! I was supposed to get them Thursday so that was awesome! My crystalized ginger was nice and spicy and the goji berry and cacao nibs that i wanted to try were amazing as well! The free sample I got, I'll be trying for a snack at work tomorrow! Also, your packaging made my day with all the cute little drawings and sayings. Thanks nuts.com!”
Bev, Stoughton, wi November 27, 2012
“Wow, the package came FAST. I have already ripped open the sugar-free chocolate chips and the cocoa nibs - my they are delicious! I will be ordering more of theses. Haven't yet tasted the dried tomatoes but they look like they will be perfect. And thanks for the goji berries! I'll be shopping here again.”
sharon, chicago, il November 18, 2012
“I placed my order Thursday afternoon and received it Saturday morning, very fast shipping I couldn't wait to try my goji berries and cacao nibs very yummy thanks a bushell ;)”
Jodi, Navarre, Ohio November 7, 2012
“My products arrived in a very timely manner. I love them all. Everything tastes great! I love cacao nibs and Nuts.com has been the best buy I've found.”
Keith, Hagerstown, maryland November 7, 2012
“Very fast service! Thanks.
I tried the Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw) and liked them, even right out of the bag. Right now I am enjoying them in a bowl of cereal. I will be doing business again with you guys. Thanks!
Showing 41-50 of 160
carlos, Sonoma, Ca. June 25, 2014
“Great service. We just received our order. Looking forward to our new experience with Nuts.com.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|