Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Mary, Vero Beach, FL September 19, 2013
“All great! Thank you! Enjoyed cacao nibs and goji berries on my green smoothie today! The free sample was yummie! Thank you! Love the bags, and everyone who sees them says the same. They make my pantry happy!”
Trisha, York, PA September 5, 2013
“I received this item as a sample. I love it and it's going to be a new favorite in additional to everything I purchased in my first order! My daughter & I also appreciated that our sample was gluten free as we both have Celiac. :)”
Yvonne, Appleton, WI August 30, 2013
“I am very impressed by my order of goodies. I can't wait to try all the yummy snacks. The sample pack is awesome and very generous. Thanks, for the extra goodie. I had some oatmeal today for breakfast with the Maca Powder, Organic Cacao Nibs, Organic Hemp Protein Powder and Goji Berries. It was awesome! The reason I ordered from you was I wanted to imitate an Oatmeal that I thought was to expensive to purchase. Your ingredients are what I was looking for. I have already recommended your site to my daughter. She plans on ordering from you, also. Thanks! I will definitely will be ordering from you again. Love the packaging too!”
Selena, Boston, Massachusetts August 1, 2013
“Received my Cacao Nibs and Cacao Goji Energy Squares THE NEXT DAY and they are amazing! Thank you!”
Mark, Rothschild, Wisconsin July 26, 2013
“I did not think there was a way to improve the granola I make with six kinds of nuts and seeds from Nuts.com served over fresh berries, but the sample of cacao nibs showed that there was still room for improvement. The texture and flavor complement everything else in the bowl without overwhelming anything. This morning I used the last of the sample and at noon my order arrived.”
Steve, O Fallon, IL July 10, 2013
“Fast, fast, fast shipping. Rocks are delicious, cacao nibs are superb, spirulina and chlorella smell and taste fresh. ”
Steven, Stevensville, MI June 27, 2013
“I came to this site looking for one specific item (Maca Powder), but once I got here, I found so many other things I needed. I just kept throwing items into my cart, one after another. When everything arrived, I could not be more happy. Everything was exactly as all the other great reviews described it. I purchased Goji Berries, Cacao Nibs, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, and Pine Nuts and mixed them all together to create an awesome "trail mix". Highly recommended!”
Donna , Washington, DC June 26, 2013
“WOOOW! First, I could not believe how fast my order got to me!! Second the free sample was such a pleasant surprise! And third the introduction to the Cacao Nibs was really really nice. Peanut butter with Bananas and chocolate are my favorite. I luv trying new things and I will be buying more!! Great first experience!!!”
Stephanie, Gig harbor, Wa June 8, 2013
“Thank you for the superior customer service and quality products! Love the Goji berries and my cocoa nibs. I'm "nuts" about you guys.”
Kelly, Gainesville, FL June 7, 2013
“My very first Nuts.com shipment just arrived!! I ordered a bunch of stuff (since they had so many gluten free options to chose from) but decided the first smoothie that I would make was with the Organic Cacao Nibs, Organic Red Maca Powder, Goji berry Powder, Ginko powder, a banana and half a can of light coconut milk and some ice. Oh my goodness!! Sooo yummy, with a great sense of wellness and energy :) These Cacao nibs are great just to eat by themselves (I love raw coffee beans but these are BETTER!). The shipment came so fast and in the cutest box, it was like Christmas in June :) I will be ordering again and can't wait to try everything else I ordered!!”
Showing 41-50 of 186
charleen, Plant City, FL September 20, 2014
“crunchy, makes a great addition to my smoothie.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|