Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Amanda, Minneapolis, Minnesota February 23, 2010
“AWESOME! I just made a big batch of super granola with goji berries, hemp and chia seeds, cacao nibs and shredded coconut. The cacao nibs are the best I've ever tasted, and the hemp seeds are so lightly crunchy and delicious! Very fresh and high quality products. Fast shipping too. This order should keep me happy for a while, but you can bet that when I run out I'll be back to order more. :) Thank you!”
Jeffrey, NC February 22, 2010
“Shipped fast, and I received exactly what I ordered. The product I ordered (cacao nibs) are fantastic and fresh. I will definitely recommend Nuts Online to others for all their nutty needs. ”
Christina M Cotten February 19, 2010
“My order was processed in minutes, even on a holiday. Shipping was quick and packaging was outstanding. Each item arrived in a heavy-duty zip-top bag. Everything was fresh and of the best quality. The organic cacao nibs were delicious ground up and mixed with a little agave nectar and cocoa butter. I will definitely recommend this site to everyone I know.”
Heather, Spartanburg, SC February 3, 2010
“HI! I received my package today and was amazed at how large the products were in size! They all look great and I can't wait to try them out ! I love the wonderful customer service.
I would love to add that I love the raw cacao nibs! Every bit worth the money. They are delish!:) Everything was packaged so nicely and freshly sealed.
Thank you again! GREAT shipping prices!
Patsy , Texas November 1, 2009
“Loved your email, your website, and...and...and,of course, especially your nuts. Haven't tried everything yet, but the chocolate-covered goji berries are going to be hard to top. The Cacao Goji Energy Squares are great, and so are the choc.pretzels,(thanks a million for those.) I'm anxious to try the red quinoa. Oh, yes, the cacao nibs are great sprinkled over my Ezekiel cereal and on granola. Thank you for making these delicious and nutritious superfoods available to us and for your committment to speedy delivery. Sincerely,
Your New Lifetime Customer”
Patricia, Cold Spring, KY October 17, 2009
“You guys are the best! I haven't had any order be so easy to place, go so smoothly and be delivered so quickly ever. And you even sent an email letting me know my order had been delivered. You can't ask for more than that. I'll definitely be back!”
Michael, Olympia, Washington October 3, 2009
“I ordered 2 lbs. of gogi berries and 2 lbs. of cacao nibs and am finding many different ways to use them. The shipping was fast, the quality of the products is great, and even your emails are totally nuts! I'm going to tell all my friends about your great products. Thank you for helping to rid carbon-based life forms all over the world of free radicals through your nutritious and delicious products! ”
Crystal, Ormstown, Qc September 24, 2009
“Just wanted to say our that the cocoa nibs arrived quickly, in great shape, and your sense of humor with all the notices made me feel like we are still living in a world where people like what they do and the customers they serve. Thanks keep up the good work!”
ewa, newbury, VT September 19, 2009
“I saw Fedex man coming up the hill - wait, I just placed an order day before yesterday>
Could it be the Nut People?
Yes, I got my stuff!
Yummy stuff, great prices and what a service!
barry, phila, pa September 2, 2009
“I received my cocao nibs today,I put some in my magic bullet blender with some agave nectar to sweeten it up,it came out in a puddy like paste of which i rolled it into a ball, then i flattened it out and cut out strips of it.”
Showing 121-130 of 160
carlos, Sonoma, Ca. June 25, 2014
“Great service. We just received our order. Looking forward to our new experience with Nuts.com.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|