Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Kevin, Madison, WI April 8, 2011
“Received my order of Sacha Inchi, Sing Bhujia (masala peanuts) and cocoa nibs today. Fresh, fast, delicious, excellent stay-fresh packaging...I could go on and on. There are so many products available on this website; I can not wait to try them all. Awesome! ”
Alan, Riverdale, New York April 7, 2011
I love the wonderful next day service. This is rare and beautiful with on-line companies. Also, the reasonable shipping rates will keep me coming back and telling my friends.
Love and blessings to you,
Leigh, Spring Brook Twp, PA March 18, 2011
“Wow! Unprecedented next-day delivery! All companies should be as efficient. The cocoa nibs were exactly what I expected - a little like coffee nibs, but less bitter. The resealable bag they came in is quite sturdy, easy to re-seal, and will no doubt hold up to my frequent dipping in the bag! Oh, and talk about attention to detail - my organic nibs were shipped with biodegradable packing peanuts! I LOVE this company!”
D'Arcy, Danbury, CT February 16, 2011
“You guys have the best notification system ever.... I just received your e-mail telling me my order had been delivered, and sure enough, the box was waiting for me on my doorstep! Furthermore, the chocolate nibs definitely ARE delicious!! Thank you...”
Ryan, Gaylord, MI February 7, 2011
“The Cocao Nibs are very versatile for use in my oatmeal, smoothies or just right out of the bag. Incredible texture and taste. The Chia seeds aren't anything to taste really, but they are also great in smoothies and oatmeal. The Spirulina is also nothing that really tastes good, but I'm in it for the health benefits. We don't have any fresh vegetables up here in the winter, so I grow wheatgrass and eat spirulina. I look forward to my next order. Thanks, Ryan”
Dustin, Gilbert, Arizona January 25, 2011
“Wowee these cacao nibs I ordered are fantastic, a tad bitter when eaten plain but once you throw them in a blender and make a smoothie they are deliciously chocolaty,
I hope these work for my acne = )”
Mona, Jay, NY January 10, 2011
“Thank you for delivering my wonderful order of yummy cacoa nibs, goji berries, spirulina, & raw mixed nuts! Everything was perfect! I couldn't believe that I had ordered & received in about 24 hours! Wow! Extra thanks for the sample of heaven- the turkish figs! I will be ordering again very soon.”
monika, norwood, ma January 8, 2011
“This is the second time I ordered and I have to say, "YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!
I ordered yesterday, Friday afternoon and received my package this morning (Saturday). Less then 24 hours. Everything is so fresh and tasty, you have a customer for life.”
JUANITA, MACON. GA,, United States December 28, 2010
“I LOVE EVERYTHING
IT SO AWESOME
Joy, Fallon, NV November 11, 2010
“We ordered Chia seeds and Cacao Nibs about a month ago and have been using them regularly and now "regularity" is the key word! We will be ordering more today. Will be looking forward to more health benefits. Actually I do feel better. Another nutty cousin, Joy.”
Showing 121-130 of 176
melorie, Covington, GA August 22, 2014
“Yum. Good deal.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|