Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Lander, Columbia, SC July 13, 2011
“Great company to work with!! My order arrived in only 2 days. Nice packaging, great processes guys!! Kudos!!!!!!”
Margaret, Kapaa, Hawaii July 9, 2011
“Everything came quickly and in good shape. Can't wait to try it.”
Martin, Bryan, TX July 8, 2011
“You guys are what every online retailer should strive to be. Absolutely perfect. Great site, easy to navigate, same day shipping and great communication. Product arrived nicely packed and everything is fresh and tastes fantastic. Will definitely be back. ”
Sarah, MI June 29, 2011
“Just got my order! I was so excited for the cocoa nibs! I am already thinking of great recipes to use them in! The roasted and salted fava beans are yummy! The figs are awesome. . .I wish I had bought more! And I can't wait to use the quinoa, tri-color couscous, dates, mochi, flax seed, chia, nutritional yeast and everything else! YUM!”
Debbie, Louisburg, KS June 29, 2011
“NUTSONLINE is the hands down best business on the internet. The products are spectacular and the ordering is simple with excellent follow-up communication. MY FAMILY'S FAVORITE--we anxiously watch for our UPS man on our Nutsonline delivery days ”
Jeri, NY, NY May 4, 2011
“Speediest delivery ever! Product is as described. Will order from you again. Thanks!”
Blanche, lakeview, Oregon April 19, 2011
“Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll be back!
Kevin, Madison, WI April 8, 2011
“Received my order of Sacha Inchi, Sing Bhujia (masala peanuts) and cocoa nibs today. Fresh, fast, delicious, excellent stay-fresh packaging...I could go on and on. There are so many products available on this website; I can not wait to try them all. Awesome! ”
Alan, Riverdale, New York April 7, 2011
I love the wonderful next day service. This is rare and beautiful with on-line companies. Also, the reasonable shipping rates will keep me coming back and telling my friends.
Love and blessings to you,
Leigh, Spring Brook Twp, PA March 18, 2011
“Wow! Unprecedented next-day delivery! All companies should be as efficient. The cocoa nibs were exactly what I expected - a little like coffee nibs, but less bitter. The resealable bag they came in is quite sturdy, easy to re-seal, and will no doubt hold up to my frequent dipping in the bag! Oh, and talk about attention to detail - my organic nibs were shipped with biodegradable packing peanuts! I LOVE this company!”
Showing 121-130 of 183
Gayane, Los Angeles, CA September 13, 2014
“I got addicted to these when I received a sample with a previous order. Amazing quality and delicious!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|