Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
JUANITA, MACON. GA,, United States December 28, 2010
“I LOVE EVERYTHING
IT SO AWESOME
Joy, Fallon, NV November 11, 2010
“We ordered Chia seeds and Cacao Nibs about a month ago and have been using them regularly and now "regularity" is the key word! We will be ordering more today. Will be looking forward to more health benefits. Actually I do feel better. Another nutty cousin, Joy.”
Car, FL October 28, 2010
“We received our order today - dried blueberries without sugar, and chocolate nibs without sugar. Both products are great! The blueberries are moist and taste so fresh! The nibs are so good without sugar! Thanks!”
Ginny July 20, 2010
“Everything arrived safely and quickly. Thanks for the great service.
Joan, Farmingdale, New York June 29, 2010
“I've place 5-6 orders with you guys and am never disappointed. The nuts are huge and oh so tasty! Your delivery is so quick, I'm amazed! I ordered yesterday and got my order today and I chose ground shipping. I finally tried your freeze dried fruits. I order 4 types and one was yummier than the next. I highly recommend Nuts Online to everyone, so they can go nuts for your products as I do! ”
Jordana, Macon, Ga June 24, 2010
“Yummy in my tummy!”
Louise, KY May 8, 2010
“Placed an order on a Sunday evening, it was shipped the next day and received two days later. WOW! GREAT service, GREAT products, and GREAT prices. I love the cacao nibs. I'll be ordering from NutsOnline again.”
Awynne, Siloam Springs, Arkansas April 7, 2010
“Oh jah..fast delivery, great product. But who knew that cacao nibs even existed or taste so good? Munch munch. You guys are nuts! Now I'm going to try a cookie recipe with them if they last that long.”
Amanda, Minneapolis, Minnesota February 23, 2010
“AWESOME! I just made a big batch of super granola with goji berries, hemp and chia seeds, cacao nibs and shredded coconut. The cacao nibs are the best I've ever tasted, and the hemp seeds are so lightly crunchy and delicious! Very fresh and high quality products. Fast shipping too. This order should keep me happy for a while, but you can bet that when I run out I'll be back to order more. :) Thank you!”
Jeffrey, NC February 22, 2010
“Shipped fast, and I received exactly what I ordered. The product I ordered (cacao nibs) are fantastic and fresh. I will definitely recommend Nuts Online to others for all their nutty needs. ”
Showing 111-120 of 158
marijana, manchester, nh April 22, 2014
“This is heavenly goodness in each bite as always and i know that i couldn't be disappointed. Thank you for the free bag of yogurt pretzels they are so delicious . I tried cocoa nibs and I never tasted anything like that before at the beginning they are kinda cool and after kinda warm... love them .And lollipops ,energy squares and fruit slices yummy ........Thank you for everything i'll be back soon :)”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for 1-3 months if un-refrigerated. If refrigerated, shelf life is up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|