Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Our raw cacao nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a healthy chocolate treat. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick-me-up.
What are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao nibs are simply chocolate in its purest form, before anything else is added. They are dried and fermented bits of cacao beans. The texture of our raw organic cacao nibs is similar to that of roasted coffee beans. They have a deep chocolate flavor which can be described as slightly bitter and nutty. Raw cacao nibs are the less processed version of chocolate with no unhealthy additives, so they preserve all the nutrients of the natural cacao bean. Cacao nibs are an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, iron and magnesium. These crunchy cacao bits are often used to play up the chocolate flavor in sweets and other dishes.
Organic Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves raw cacao nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao Nibs:
1) Nutritional Powerhouse: Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Raw organic cacao nibs are an excellent source of fiber and iron. A single one-ounce serving of cacao nibs provides 18% of the DV for fiber and 21% of the DV for iron. They are also chock-full of protective antioxidants and magnesium. In fact, raw cacao nibs are one of the best food sources of magnesium: an essential mineral involved in over 300 chemical reactions in our body, from nerve function to bone health.
2) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function. Organic cacao nibs are one smart snack!
3) Stabilize Blood Sugar: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
4) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
5) Lift Your Mood: If you're feeling a little down, a serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
6) Promote General Health: Research suggests that consuming flavonoid-rich foods like organic cacao nibs can reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other chronic conditions. A study led by Harvard Medical School researchers looked at the effects of cacao consumption on the island-dwelling Kuna people, who consumed cacao as part of their regular diet. They found that the Kuna people had a significantly lower incidence of cardiovascular disease and cancer than people living on the mainland who did not drink cacao.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Right out of the bag: Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Trail mix: Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Smoothies: Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Breakfast foods: Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Baked goods: Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Also referred to as: raw cocoa nibs, organic cocoa nibs
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Ryan t, Hutchinson, Mn February 22, 2012
“Great products, fast shipping! I will order again and again! ”
Elisangela, League City, Texas February 19, 2012
“I just love the cocoa beans i got from you and i made my best recipe from my Country Brazil, it was very delicious! Wish I could of share it with you guys.”
smilingjul, Malvern, PA February 17, 2012
“Wow, I ordered them yesterday at 5p.m. after watch Dr. Oz talk about Cacao Nibs and today I was eating them. You guys are amazing, wish every online retailer operated the same way. Love the energy bars and the dried black berries as well. ”
Magda, Midlothian, VA February 2, 2012
“Delicious and crunchy these nibs are larger than others I have bought for more! They came in perfect condition, not crushed to powder like some more expensive brands! What a tasty addition to my morning yogurt, and a secret ingredient in my chocolate chip cookies and brownie recipes. Yum!”
Deanna, Chicago, IL January 18, 2012
“Wow, that was fast! Everything is fresh and delicious! Organic simply strawberries are YUM indeed. Pomegranate powder with cold water made a refreshing drink, and who knew unsweetened cacao would be such a tasty and mood lifting snack! Thanks also for the little gift.”
Tammy, Stone Mountain, GA December 13, 2011
“The cacao nibs, dried fruits, and everything arrived really fast and were wonderful! Thanks a lot! :)”
Barbara, Chapel Hill, NC November 30, 2011
“You guys are the best! Shipments always arrive right on time. I've incorporated raw cacao nibs and chia seeds into my daily diet, by combining two teaspoons chia seeds with two packs of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal. I combine one cup water and 1-2 Tbs of raw cacao nibs , zap for 4 min. in microwave till at a rolling boil, then combine with instant oatmeal and chia seeds. I like it hot or cold. Thanks for the special treat in every shipment--it's great doing business with you.”
Lydia, Victorville, Ca. November 2, 2011
“Everything is wonderful as usual! Thanks for the Chia seeds. Cacao nibs are great! thanks again, ”
Beth, Lincoln, CA October 27, 2011
“I am so happy with the raw cacao nibs. So many others were bitter or fermented, but Nuts Online's are fresh and pure tasting! I also love the mochi rice cakes. They are fresh and soft. Thanks so much!”
Jesse, Redding, California October 12, 2011
“I LOVE your organic products, everything is far more fresh then you would find in a grocery store. You also have the best prices around and great turn around time. Thanks! ”
Showing 111-120 of 194
David, Stamford, CT October 14, 2014
“Boy, do these smell great. Better than most brands”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|