Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
These sun dried tomatoes imported from Turkey are moist and soft, ready to be stirred into pasta, added into sandwiches, or made into a spread. Our sun dried tomatoes are picked and dried at the peak of ripeness so they have a rich, concentrated tomato flavor.
For optimal freshness, store opened and unopened packages in your refrigerator.
How to Use Sun Dried Tomatoes
1. Pasta and Salads: Chop up sun dried tomatoes into small pieces and toss them into penne with chicken for a flavorful and simple meal. You can also add them into any salad (including egg and tuna salad) for heartiness and flavor.
2. Soups and Sauces: Substitute a cup of sun dried tomatoes for tomato paste in a vegetable soup for a pronounced tomato flavor. Or add some to your store bought marinara sauce for a homemade taste without all of the work! For a delicious twist on pesto, stir in finely chopped sun dried tomatoes.
3. Spreads and Dips: Blend sun dried tomatoes in a food processor and stir them into mayonnaise or butter to make a sun dried tomato spread. Combine finely minced sun dried tomatoes with mined garlic for a great crostini spread. Or even wrap brie, sun dried tomatoes, and basil in phyllo dough and bake it for a satisfying cheesy dip.
4. Bread and Meats: Mix these tomatoes into bread, focaccia, or cornbread to add another dimension of flavor. And add them to burgers for a summertime twist.
2. Men who eat two or more servings of tomato products average a 35 percent reduction in prostate cancer risk.
3. The best food sources of lypocene according to the Tomato Research Council in New York City: (Amount of lypocene in one ounce) Tomato Sauce, Spaghetti Sauce, Ketchup (5 mg); Tomato Soup, Canned Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Vegetable Juice (3 mg); Minestrone Soup, Vegetable Soup, Pink Grapefruit (1 mg).
4. Tomatoes are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Potassium.
5. Lycopene occurs in only a few foods besides tomatoes and since you absorb more lycopene when you eat a little fat with your tomato some olive oil or cheese isn't such a bad thing after all.
6. A good source of vitamin C, especially fresh tomatoes. Latest news: yes, tomatoes offer vitamin C, and a lot else besides. It turns out that they are rich in important carotenoids, including lycopene---a relative of the more celebrated beta carotene. Lycopene appears to help prevent prostate cancer.
7. Should Women Eat Lycopene Products Too? Doctors and scientists now encourage men to eat a lot of tomato products because they are rich in lycopene, which seems to lower the risk of prostate cancer. But can lycopene help prevent cancer in women, too? A few studies have found that in postmenopausal women, high blood levels of lycopene are associated with a lower risk of breast cancer. But at this point nobody can say that eating tomatoes will reduce your risk. More than one study has found that women who consume the most lycopene are less likely to have precancerous cervical cells. Despite the unknowns, women should treat themselves to lycopene-rich foods?particularly tomato products.
8. If you suffer from skin disease, a tomato a day may keep the doctor away, as tomatine, tomato's principle alkaloid, concentrated in its branchy leaves and green fruit, heals certain fungous diseases of the skin.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Ana, Miami, Fl August 10, 2012
“Thank you for the amazing cashews, pistachios, sun-dried tomatoes, almond flour, dried plums, and more! Your order got the exact time you said it would and the box was super cute! Loved the complimentary little package of almonds! :) The nuts and plums tasted amazing, and I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with your sun-dried tomatoes!! Will be ordering another batch of everything very soon. Excellent service and amazing products, keep it up!”
Raoul, Hernando, Flori August 2, 2012
“terrific sun dried tomatoes and delicious turkey figs. thank you”
Charley, Salem, VA April 7, 2012
“Oh My...These sun-dried tomatoes form Turkey couldn't be more appetizing. Let me share a sandwich type: First heat a 12" spinach & pesto tortilla(both sides); then smear an amount of roasted garlic humus across the middle. Then sprinkle pulverized almonds(done in a coffee grinder) across the humus, then add a smear of avocado. Add a line of the sun-dried tomatoes and tender leaves of spinach. Bring one side over half way and then do the same from the opposite side; then fold the entire sandwich one more time...Now simply ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! Chew, and chew, and chew again..letting your taste buds explode...MMMMMmmmmmmmmm”
Linda, "the boonies", NM March 15, 2012
“Received my order today, as promised. This means a lot. Couldn't get the box opened fast enough. First item out was the sun dried tomatoes. Moist, sweet & delicious! Opened a bag of the ground cinnamon. The whole house smells like cinnamon now. Thank you Nuts.com. It's nice to know that the "real thing" still exists out there without an exorbitant price tag! ”
Teri, Concord, NC February 28, 2012
“Everything I ordered is wonderful. The dried strawberries, peaches, green beans chips, okra chips, carrot chips, veggie chips, roasted sunflower seeds, and sun dried tomatoes. I also ordered the fava beans, very different and an aquired taste. Shipment came quickly and definitely will be ordering again.”
Lynn, El Cajon, Ca December 8, 2011
“I just received my products and was very impressed with the products. I have made a wonderful meatloaf with the almond flour. The sun dried tomatoes are sooooooo good! Thank you for the quick shipment. I will be a customer for life!”
Lee, Camdenton, Missouri November 11, 2011
“You did it again!
We made four fruit cakes with the Brazil nuts and Apricots. Turned out wonderful. One more to go.
Thanks for the prompt shipment and the excellent products.
Looking forward to using the sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers on a pizza.
Again, nuts to you!
Janina, Hershey, PA November 5, 2011
I just had my first order delivered.I must say that I am impressed. I
received my order the next day.And
the nuts and the dry red peppers and
tomatoes are delicious!.I will definitely
order again!.Thank you
Michelle, Swarthmore, PA November 3, 2011
“Wow! I just received my order from Nuts Online! As before, my shipment arrived the next day. However, this time I was really surprised since I ordered at yesterday at 4:30 pm!
I ordered the Medjool Dates, Sundried Tomatoes and the Dried Mango. Everything arrives super fresh, and they always include a yummy sample to try. If anyone is thinking about ordering the mango, I would order a double batch: it's highly addictive and incredibly delicious! ”
Mary Lou , syracuse, new york August 4, 2011
“I am very pleased with this purchase-items were shipped super fast and product ( turkish figs, chai vanilla tea & sun dried tomatoes) were fresh and delicious. The packaging is super cute too and nice message on the invoice. I would definitely order from this site again-made me smile!”
Showing 21-30 of 51
Karen, Morehead City, NC September 5, 2014
“I was so excited to order these. I am going to make pizza using them for a topping. Also chicken with these and feta...oh I have plans for everyone of them in the bag! I can hardly wait to enjoy! They have such a beautiful color to them.”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Tomatoes, salt, sulphur dioxide***FOR OPTIMAL FRESHNESS, STORE OPENED AND UNOPENED PACKAGES UNDER REFRIGERATION***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 120 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|