Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
These sun dried tomatoes imported from Turkey are moist and soft, ready to be stirred into pasta, added into sandwiches, or made into a spread. Our sun dried tomatoes are picked and dried at the peak of ripeness so they have a rich, concentrated tomato flavor.
For optimal freshness, store opened and unopened packages in your refrigerator.
How to Use Sun Dried Tomatoes
1. Pasta and Salads: Chop up sun dried tomatoes into small pieces and toss them into penne with chicken for a flavorful and simple meal. You can also add them into any salad (including egg and tuna salad) for heartiness and flavor.
2. Soups and Sauces: Substitute a cup of sun dried tomatoes for tomato paste in a vegetable soup for a pronounced tomato flavor. Or add some to your store bought marinara sauce for a homemade taste without all of the work! For a delicious twist on pesto, stir in finely chopped sun dried tomatoes.
3. Spreads and Dips: Blend sun dried tomatoes in a food processor and stir them into mayonnaise or butter to make a sun dried tomato spread. Combine finely minced sun dried tomatoes with mined garlic for a great crostini spread. Or even wrap brie, sun dried tomatoes, and basil in phyllo dough and bake it for a satisfying cheesy dip.
4. Bread and Meats: Mix these tomatoes into bread, focaccia, or cornbread to add another dimension of flavor. And add them to burgers for a summertime twist.
2. Men who eat two or more servings of tomato products average a 35 percent reduction in prostate cancer risk.
3. The best food sources of lypocene according to the Tomato Research Council in New York City: (Amount of lypocene in one ounce) Tomato Sauce, Spaghetti Sauce, Ketchup (5 mg); Tomato Soup, Canned Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Vegetable Juice (3 mg); Minestrone Soup, Vegetable Soup, Pink Grapefruit (1 mg).
4. Tomatoes are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Potassium.
5. Lycopene occurs in only a few foods besides tomatoes and since you absorb more lycopene when you eat a little fat with your tomato some olive oil or cheese isn't such a bad thing after all.
6. A good source of vitamin C, especially fresh tomatoes. Latest news: yes, tomatoes offer vitamin C, and a lot else besides. It turns out that they are rich in important carotenoids, including lycopene---a relative of the more celebrated beta carotene. Lycopene appears to help prevent prostate cancer.
7. Should Women Eat Lycopene Products Too? Doctors and scientists now encourage men to eat a lot of tomato products because they are rich in lycopene, which seems to lower the risk of prostate cancer. But can lycopene help prevent cancer in women, too? A few studies have found that in postmenopausal women, high blood levels of lycopene are associated with a lower risk of breast cancer. But at this point nobody can say that eating tomatoes will reduce your risk. More than one study has found that women who consume the most lycopene are less likely to have precancerous cervical cells. Despite the unknowns, women should treat themselves to lycopene-rich foods?particularly tomato products.
8. If you suffer from skin disease, a tomato a day may keep the doctor away, as tomatine, tomato's principle alkaloid, concentrated in its branchy leaves and green fruit, heals certain fungous diseases of the skin.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Natasa, Belle Vernon, PA August 1, 2014
“They were great and your service was good. i will order again from you”
Christina, Woolwich Township, NJ July 14, 2014
“Delicious ~ so fresh!”
Emily, Barberton, Ohio July 2, 2014
“Never had a Mulberry, was excited to try one and LOVED it. Thanks for the Mix. Must add - your Sun Dried Tomatoes are the only ones I'll use, they are the BEST!!! Thanks for your dedication to great service. Love ALL you NUTS!!”
Linda, Goodyear, AZ June 13, 2014
“Very fresh tasting. Can be used in many ways to add flavor to your favorite foods. But, beware, you nibble as you go. Yummy!”
Ashley, Hesperia, CA May 17, 2014
“When I got home at 11pm I had to try out all my new snacks from nuts.com When I 1st try these I was not sure if I like them and I LOVE tomatoes!. So I tried it again the next day M.O.G I just love them it was hard to stop eating them. Nuts.com your the best!”
Stephanie, Canton, OH May 15, 2014
MARY THORNTON, jackson, ms. May 8, 2014
“I love this product. sun dried tomatoes”
Rose Ann Breitbach, Fenton, MO May 5, 2014
“Received my order so quickly. Everything was so fresh. I especially liked the sun-dried tomatoes, just delicious.”
Thomas, waterford, Michigan April 23, 2014
“I got my package today!! Thank You!! The Dried Tomatoes are Wonderful and Full Flavored!! The Box was a Wonder!! LOL lol Just got to Love those Nutty Folks...”
Claire, Long Beach, CA October 25, 2013
“My Nuts.com order arrived in less than a week. I ordered gummy candy and dried fruits. I can't believe how moist and fresh everything was. I love everything, especially the watermelon gummy bears. I couldn't find any sun-dried tomatoes or dried figs at our local markets.
I can't wait to order berries and fruits.
I have to hold off on the nuts for a little while, because i will eat the whole bag in one day.”
Showing 1-10 of 51
Karen, Morehead City, NC September 5, 2014
“I was so excited to order these. I am going to make pizza using them for a topping. Also chicken with these and feta...oh I have plans for everyone of them in the bag! I can hardly wait to enjoy! They have such a beautiful color to them.”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Tomatoes, salt, sulphur dioxide***FOR OPTIMAL FRESHNESS, STORE OPENED AND UNOPENED PACKAGES UNDER REFRIGERATION***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 120 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|