Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Scott, Syracuse, Indiana January 30, 2014
“Transaction was simple, shipped as promised. I ordered some hazelnuts, almonds, both in the shell, and some dried strawberries. I also received a sample or their dried apricots.
I was pleased with the taste and quality of everything except the hazelnuts. Only about 1 in 10 had good flavor, or wasn't rotten inside when cracked open.”
Kami, Boston, MA January 29, 2014
“I ordered these dried strawberries along with dried kiwi, blue potato chips, sea salt bagel chips, cheddar pretzels, and soy beans. The order arrived within 2 business days! They even included a free sample of dried apricots with my purchase! Everything tastes amazing! The dried fruit does have added sugar but they were perfect to have as a little snack throughout the day. I cannot wait to make my next purchase! I am so happy to have found this company!”
Cheri, Santa Cruz, CA January 29, 2014
“You guys are sooo fun! :) Love the stuff, especially the strawberries!!!! Love your zany packaging. GO NUTS!!!!”
Rhonda, Sebring, Fl January 9, 2014
“Received my order super fast, everything tasted amazing especially the dried Strawberries!!! They are incredible, my daughter and I were fighting over them since we only ordered the sample pack of strawberries. We will be ordering more!!!”
juraj, laurel, Maryland January 9, 2014
“WOW!!!!!!!!! the best ever!
We love it> Thank you”
kim, panama city, fl December 30, 2013
“I ordered the sample pack of these, I had not had dried strawberries. They are sooooo good I have eaten them all this weekend and am ordering more. If you are thinking about ordering just go ahead and get the regular pack, you will love these.”
Betty, Fairhope, Alabama December 13, 2013
“Ordered some samples as first order.
Haven't tried them all yet, but loved the dried strawberries. Pkgs are perfect size for stocking stuffers!”
Shirley Flaggs, Pittsburgh, PA December 11, 2013
“These dried & chocolate covered strawberries became the answer
to my sweet tooth. The fruit, nut, cracker products are all fresh and delicious. My list of ordering gets longer and more frequent
as a bag of choc. strawberries becomes a gift. The bags are so cute, no wrapping is necessary. The service and fast delivery is consistently unbelievable. A real pleasure. Thank You!”
Colette, South Windsor, Ct December 10, 2013
“I always have to practice self control when I order from your site. The dried strawberries are always 1st on my order. Then, I have to try to make up my mind about which trail mix to select. The Extreme mix is another fave. My niece just loves the jordan almonds and hubby thinks your roasted, salted pistachios are the best! The quality is tops. Price are great. Your body can bet I will be back. Andi have told many to visit NUTS.COM Thank you,”
3cedarsfarm, New Oxford, PA December 4, 2013
“OMG! Just received my order, fast as usual, and in the box, as usual, was a free sample. Dried strawberries. They were sooo good, the bag is empty and for as much as I love candy, I could give it up with a regular supply of those. Going to order some now!”
Showing 11-20 of 263
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas April 16, 2014
“I have been very happy with every order I have placed with nuts.com. I just ordered the whole wheat fig bars for the first time and I was very surprised how awesome they tasted. Way better than anything at the grocery store! I also buy my cacao nibs and chia seeds here. Oh, don't forget the dried strawberries! Tastes like candy!!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|