Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Brandi, Bloomington, In February 28, 2014
“Nuts.com always delivers quality goodies! Everything is delicious and fresh! The dried strawberries and jumbo cashews are my favorite! Not to mention, THE FASTEST shipping!!! Thank you nuts.com team! Very well done!!”
Melody, Petal, Ms February 21, 2014
“I received these strawberries as a sample with the spicy pumpkin seeds I ordered for my fiancé (which were awesome) and I have to say they were AMAZING! I have never been a fan of dried fruit before but I would order these in a heartbeat. Do not waste your time ordering the sample because you will eat them all up before you know it. Go ahead and get the pound-you won't regret it. The strawberries are enormous. They are jam packed with flavor and so tasty. :)”
Darryl, Fort Wayne, Indiana February 13, 2014
“This was the first time I had ever eaten dried strawberries. They are so delicious it made me think I was eating candy, so I shared with my co-workers. They loved the fruit also, maybe they will order something too. I have always had positivity from your company in regards to me receiving my fruit and candy. Im sure I will be ordering other items. Thank you, Im so glad I found you;-)”
Linda, Anniston, Al February 10, 2014
“Thank you much for the very fast shipment. We have already open and tasted the honey butter Just live that yummy stuff. And tried the dried strawberries and they are great. Also so happy to do business with a family owned company. :)”
tim furlong, lafayette, ny February 10, 2014
“Sorry I did not get back to you sooner but your malted balls and dried strawberries were excellent, my wife loved them. If fact they were so good I just ordered my wife more for Valentines day.”
Scott, Syracuse, Indiana January 30, 2014
“Transaction was simple, shipped as promised. I ordered some hazelnuts, almonds, both in the shell, and some dried strawberries. I also received a sample or their dried apricots.
I was pleased with the taste and quality of everything except the hazelnuts. Only about 1 in 10 had good flavor, or wasn't rotten inside when cracked open.”
Kami, Boston, MA January 29, 2014
“I ordered these dried strawberries along with dried kiwi, blue potato chips, sea salt bagel chips, cheddar pretzels, and soy beans. The order arrived within 2 business days! They even included a free sample of dried apricots with my purchase! Everything tastes amazing! The dried fruit does have added sugar but they were perfect to have as a little snack throughout the day. I cannot wait to make my next purchase! I am so happy to have found this company!”
Cheri, Santa Cruz, CA January 29, 2014
“You guys are sooo fun! :) Love the stuff, especially the strawberries!!!! Love your zany packaging. GO NUTS!!!!”
Rhonda, Sebring, Fl January 9, 2014
“Received my order super fast, everything tasted amazing especially the dried Strawberries!!! They are incredible, my daughter and I were fighting over them since we only ordered the sample pack of strawberries. We will be ordering more!!!”
juraj, laurel, Maryland January 9, 2014
“WOW!!!!!!!!! the best ever!
We love it> Thank you”
Showing 11-20 of 268
Michelle, Folsom, PA June 27, 2014
“All I can say is WOW! Not only did I just place my orders yesterday and they arrived the next day, but everything I ordered was so fresh and so good, I will definitely be ordering again...the dried strawberries are absolutely incredible!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|