Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Sharon, Hill, NH April 4, 2014
“Just got my order...5 pounds of dried strawberries to feed an addiction I have to them lol! I mix them with roasted and salted pistachios, almonds and cashews and it's my go-to snack. Had tried berries from two other sources. They were good, but recently found out the company I work for has been buying the snack mix with the strawberries in it from Nuts.com. That's where I got the addiction...every time I walked through our spa, I stole all the berries. Anyway, these are the best of the berries I have tried...shocked at how big and plump they are, and tasty too. Will probably place my orders with my employer in the future. Lightening fast shipping...a good thing because I've been out of them for days...”
Susan, Winchester, Virginia April 2, 2014
“I absolutely love, love your dried strawberries and mixed berries. They helped keep me "alert" and sated on a recent long trip!
I would like to know what the dried veggies were that I received as a "treat" so I can order them!”
Andrew, Orlando, Florida March 29, 2014
“Nuts.com has done it again. Amazing products shipped to my home in 3 days. Everything i've tried has been so good! Dried strawberries, organic banana chips, energy squares and cantaloupe have to be my favorites for sure. Thank you thank you Nuts.com!!”
Dottie, New Windsor, MD March 10, 2014
“OMG, dried strawberries like heaven...D E L I C I O U S!!!!! EVERYTHING was absolutely scrumptious!!!! Thanks so much:)”
Theresa, Maplewood, NJ March 2, 2014
“A Gem in My Own Backyard!
What an amazing website with amazing variety. I wanted to order everything but I ordered 5 different dried fruit, shaved coconut, dark chocolate and olives. I was absolutely satisfied with everything I received. The strawberries tasted like they were just picked the day before. Again, AMAZING! I will be a repeat customer. Thank you Nuts.com!!!!!!”
Brandi, Bloomington, In February 28, 2014
“Nuts.com always delivers quality goodies! Everything is delicious and fresh! The dried strawberries and jumbo cashews are my favorite! Not to mention, THE FASTEST shipping!!! Thank you nuts.com team! Very well done!!”
Melody, Petal, Ms February 21, 2014
“I received these strawberries as a sample with the spicy pumpkin seeds I ordered for my fiancé (which were awesome) and I have to say they were AMAZING! I have never been a fan of dried fruit before but I would order these in a heartbeat. Do not waste your time ordering the sample because you will eat them all up before you know it. Go ahead and get the pound-you won't regret it. The strawberries are enormous. They are jam packed with flavor and so tasty. :)”
Darryl, Fort Wayne, Indiana February 13, 2014
“This was the first time I had ever eaten dried strawberries. They are so delicious it made me think I was eating candy, so I shared with my co-workers. They loved the fruit also, maybe they will order something too. I have always had positivity from your company in regards to me receiving my fruit and candy. Im sure I will be ordering other items. Thank you, Im so glad I found you;-)”
Linda, Anniston, Al February 10, 2014
“Thank you much for the very fast shipment. We have already open and tasted the honey butter Just live that yummy stuff. And tried the dried strawberries and they are great. Also so happy to do business with a family owned company. :)”
tim furlong, lafayette, ny February 10, 2014
“Sorry I did not get back to you sooner but your malted balls and dried strawberries were excellent, my wife loved them. If fact they were so good I just ordered my wife more for Valentines day.”
Showing 1-10 of 263
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas April 16, 2014
“I have been very happy with every order I have placed with nuts.com. I just ordered the whole wheat fig bars for the first time and I was very surprised how awesome they tasted. Way better than anything at the grocery store! I also buy my cacao nibs and chia seeds here. Oh, don't forget the dried strawberries! Tastes like candy!!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|