Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Teddy, Knoxville, TN March 6, 2013
“The dried strawberries are divine and make me think of sun-soaked summer days! They are just like the ones I used to get in Greece. ”
Deborah, san antonio, tx March 1, 2013
“This company is awesome! We received a gift tray for Christmas, and just had to order more dried strawberries; they are addictive! Just received the 2 lbs. I ordered; included was a sample of dried apricots, yummy thank you. Talk about quick, ordered on Tuesday and delivered today, Friday. Love the messages all over the box. Quality business from order to delivery. Wish I had the money to support a fine American company such as this every day. Stay nutty!”
Kathy, New Brighton, Pa February 20, 2013
“I was buying a fruit & nut medley from a local warehouse thinking it was good dried fruit. Boy was I wrong!
For my first order I bought 1lb each of their dried strawberries, cantaloupe, royal nut mix and organic steel cut oats. This by far is the BEST I ever had!
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, if your not a risk taker then try their samples - you will not be disappointed!”
Nora, San Francisco, CA February 13, 2013
“I received my package yesterday and have already torn into my Turkish figs, strawberries, and veggie chips (YUM!). This morning I'm enjoying my delicious gluten free hot cereal, and couldn't be happier. Thank you, Jeffrey, Kenny, Uncle Sandy and Cousin David (and the rest of the family)!”
Jade, Mercer Island, Wa February 9, 2013
“Oh my goodness, every thing is so delicious. I love the organic persimmons and strawberries! I will be reordering soon. Thank you.”
Hallie, New York, NY February 6, 2013
“I ordered the dried strawberries and blueberries after some friends and I started reminiscing about how we used to have the most amazing dried fruit when we lived in Greece. 19 hours--literally--after ordering from nuts.com (and with the normal shipping!), I had them IN HAND!! Unbelievably speedy service, and the fruits are perfect and delicious. Just like the ones I remember from Greece. This is my first time with nuts.com, but I will be back for (much!) more before long! Thank you so much!”
Lissa, Kaua'i, Hawai'i January 30, 2013
“Ordered dried strawberries and can't believe the quick delivery! Mind you, I'm all the way in Hawai'i. Arrived only a few days after ordering and was PLEASANTLY surprised! OMG....they are so ONO, so good.....I can't keep my fingers out of the bag. Should have ordered TWO bags. Even though the shipping cost the same amount as the berries.....it's woth it. Will order more than one bag from now on......terrific berries and awesome company! Customer Service is Top Notch!!!! Aloha........lissa”
Sharlene, Nahant, MA January 29, 2013
“Love the sample of strawberries can't wait to try cracker meal on my fillet of sole! Been a long time without real cracker meal! Reminds me of my childhood.”
Richard, Jackson, Tn January 24, 2013
“Strawberries passed our expectations Thank you Sincerely ,Richard/Bonita Jay”
Margaret, Munford, TN January 18, 2013
“My nephew is 4 and a very picky eater, but he loves the dried strawberries that were included in my first order. When he ran out, he was running through the house saying, "I want some more berries!" So, of course, Auntie Margaret has to order some more for him. They will be perfect for his Valentines Day basket that i am putting together for him! Thank you for a healthier option to give my little man!”
Showing 91-100 of 300
kevin, Napa, CA September 15, 2014
“Very good as always”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|