Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Russell T Ingram, Seattle, WA September 11, 2012
“Thanks for all the yummy goodies and especially the bonus figs. They're on my list now. The strawberries are amazing.
laurie , broadview heights, ohio September 9, 2012
“I am very pleased with our order . The dried strawberries are huge and sooooooo good.”
Alexis, Louisiana September 5, 2012
“Everything arrived on time (two different shipping locations) and unmelted! The Dried Strawberries are fabulous and work great for my sweet tooth. The Antioxidant Mix was interesting- tart, sweet, crunchy, chocolatey...Can't wait to try the Chili Lemon Pistachios!”
Lori, Puyallup, Washington August 31, 2012
“I have just received my second shipment of coconut from Nuts.com (awesome, by the way) and was given a sample packet of the dried strawberries. I never EVER would have thought I'd like dried strawberries (or any other dried fruit for that matter), but it was out of this world!
I plan to buy a bag next time I order (and probably try other dried fruit because I just might change how I feel about dried fruit in general after this experience!”
James, Boerne, TX August 30, 2012
“I was just looking to buy dried pears but decided to try several things...
The jumbo Medjool Dates are creamy smooth, just as the others have mentioned...I call them "Nature's Caramel"
Turkish figs are great, sweet and not too dry. (unlike some from a local store that were like leather and not edible...)
The dried Strawberries, KIWI and cantaloupe are amazing... There is just the right amount of sugar added to make them a wonderful natural candy like treat...
Oh, and as for the pears... Just what I wanted!
Thanks for the free sample included with my order Nuts.com...
Genny August 3, 2012
“We really love the dried strawberries - both the regular and the baby strawberries. Also the Georgia Pecans are wonderful. Can't get enough. They are a real treat and good for you too!!!”
Dennis C Boyer July 19, 2012
“The strawberries are delicious as well as the little extra treat. Thanx.”
Rachel, Covington, IN July 13, 2012
“WOW!!! I expected a great product after reading other testimonials, but I was blown away by how awesome everything was! Of course I had to taste everything right away. It all tasted so fresh!! These are definitely some of my new favorites!! ”
Marcia June 29, 2012
“Yum! Glad I found your site. We're getting ready to leave on our Oregon State Wagon Train and I couldn't find any dried apples locally. So good! The dried Strawberries are awesome! Thanks! I'll be ordering from you again! I'd love to try the veggie chips.”
Christine, Livermore, Maine June 21, 2012
“Wow, super fast shipping and the dried strawberries are to die for!!! Wish I had bought more than one bag. Will be back!”
Showing 91-100 of 268
Michelle, Folsom, PA June 27, 2014
“All I can say is WOW! Not only did I just place my orders yesterday and they arrived the next day, but everything I ordered was so fresh and so good, I will definitely be ordering again...the dried strawberries are absolutely incredible!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|