Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Robert, College Station, Texas December 28, 2011
“The strawberries were absolutely delicious. It was terrible because I had to share them.”
Sue, Scio, NY December 16, 2011
“This was my first order...I sampled everything within the first five minutes....everything great!
The dried srawberries are out of this world. I will definitely place another order...very high quality and great tasting.”
Ehren, Council Bluffs, IA December 15, 2011
“Being in the midwest i didnt expect next day ground, but ordering on a sunday night and getting my first of many orders on a thursday was superb. My order consisted of a wide variety of dried fruit,nuts, proteins and Quinoa. I just wish all my other online purchases made me feel as welcome and appreciated as you Nuts! ”
David Linnell, Bakersfield, California December 12, 2011
“Thanks I love my strawberries!! U guys rock!!”
Lisa, Oklahoma City, OK December 10, 2011
“Great fast service. Everything I received is great. BBQ corn nuts taste much better than the ones you buy at the store. Dried strawberry are so soft and sweet. And thank you for the sample of dried mixed berries they are so good. Going to order some with my next order. Thank you!”
Judy, Haw River, NC December 8, 2011
“Everything was wonderful. The best was the dried strawberries. And the sample size packages were wonderful. I shall be a regular customer from now on. I have added you to my favorites list..”
Jeff, Boston, MA December 2, 2011
“Wow! Received my order literally the next day. The very best roasted almonds and dried strawberries that I have ever tasted.”
Ashley , Charleston, SC November 18, 2011
“Wow! As soon as I got my package, I had to taste everything! The strawberries were delicious!!! I'm going to definitely be ordering more of those very, very soon. Also, really enjoyed the goji energy bars. They were a great mid day snack at work. And off cousre all the walnuts & almonds were very tasty & fresh. Can't wait to eat all of this so I can make another order! Thank you!”
Barbara, Apollo, PA November 18, 2011
“I just received my latest order. Most of the items were tried and true favorites, but I couldn't resist trying a few more treats. Talk about raisins covered with dark chocolate or dried berry mix or dried strawberries...I wasn't disappointed. You folks are the greatest and your items are even greater. I can't wait to try some of your baking supplies once my current ones run out. Be on the lookout...I'm coming back!”
Suzanne, Phoenix, Az November 15, 2011
“Nutsonline dried strawberries - better than Fauchon. Merci!”
Showing 91-100 of 223
Lisa, Beaverton, OR January 14, 2011
“WOW! Your dried strawberries are outta this world good! I don't think this 5 pound bag is going to last very long.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|