Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Lenny Reber, Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey July 16, 2013
“My Turkish Figs were great!!
gonna get some mission figs next!”
Tammy, Jacksonville, FL July 11, 2013
“Awesome, I Love your products every thing I have ordered is amazing and I have ordered 3 times Thank you for being a Great Company.”
Brian, RTP, NC June 27, 2013
“1st time ordering from here. Ordered Sunday night and received Wednesday afternoon. Got what I ordered. The figs and dates are delicious. Same goes for the walnuts. Very pleased with the quality and service. Everything was fresh. Will order from here again.”
Jamie, Akron, PA June 21, 2013
“WOW!! Amazing! I ordered the raw Turkish figs and they are amazing! And they are completely raw! Nothing added. I also ordered the Japanese Green Tea and it is great as well. I will definitely buy again. Shipping was incredibly fast also. I placed my order around 7pm and it was delivered the next day!! Amazing!
Thanks nutty family!”
Pamela, Costa Mesa, CA June 10, 2013
“I LOVE Nuts.com! I even got my office hooked! I don't know where to begin.. I am nuts and crackers about all the nuts, and flours and various other items. BUT the Turkish Figs and Jumbo Medjool Dates have got to be my ongoing favorites! My husband found Nuts.com a few years ago and we've been so happy with the great service and quaility of every product we've gotten.. Thanks for the yummy samples too.. They are awesome! We are here in California now for 25 years but are originally from NJ! ”
Thomas, harrusburg, PA June 7, 2013
“Wow! I just ordered this last night, and it's here already! Box opened, and it's all here. We've sampled the figs. Mmm! Good!”
Sylvia, Metairie, Louisiana June 7, 2013
“Received a sample pack of these and oh my, something to add to my orders in the future. Dried cantaloupe will forever be my favorite item, but these are a close second. ”
Carol, North Port, Fl June 1, 2013
“Thank you!! Figs and Dates were delectable!! as well as the sunflower seeds! We will order again soon!
Nice and fresh! Thanks for excellence!”
Julie, Jefferson, SD May 31, 2013
“The Turkish Figs were delicious!! Thank you! I love your packaging and emails- you really have fun with the products. I haven't tried the dates yet but they look delicious, I"m sure I will be pleased!”
Linda, Guilforfd, CT May 13, 2013
“The figs were soft and better than what I can find in CT.”
Showing 51-60 of 326
Peter, Green Valley, AZ August 20, 2014
“Many thanks for the sample cashews. They are yummy. I ordered the Turkish figs for the first time, and they are phenomenal...best I've ever tasted. I'm trying to hold off a bit on the Brazil nuts and macadamias, lest I go overboard and finish them all off at once!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|